THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

These resellers bout to start returning size 10s and letting them sit on restocks (which is great)

A size 10 is $180 on StockX now, meaning they would lose money after fees, just like with the smaller sizes

10.5 and up are still is over $200, so they gon keep sniping those for that little $12 profit unfortunately. I want another 10.5

You know what the consensus was. You were debating it down for weeks just because they didn't feel the same way as you did.

It's ok to feel different.

I'm just against the narrative that there was some sort of mass turn on this... At least in this thread.

Imo
You still didn’t answer the question but okay. I was just curious as to how a few negative opinions here and there end up making up the consensus for the entire thread, that’s all. By and large most OG AM heads all over the world are pretty excited about these from what I’ve seen. I’ve seen you and maybe the same 2-3 naysayers making negative comments/opinions early on up until now, yet I think all of you copped anyway except for my boy illustrayt illustrayt . If you didn’t copp that’s great, I was just asking a followup question about what you deemed to be “the consensus”. You and your buddy are not the only ones in the thread and certainly not the only ones who’ve been regulars here. If you and a few others for whatever don’t like these that’s absolutely fine and welcomed but it definitely doesn’t make up the consensus. If you think I’m lying just go back and check the thread post count on release day.

Size 10 if anyone looking.

Damn caved and bought another pair lol

These resellers bout to start returning size 10s and letting them sit on restocks (which is great)

A size 10 is $180 on StockX now, meaning they would lose money after fees, just like with the smaller sizes

10.5 and up are still is over $200, so they gon keep sniping those for that little $12 profit unfortunately. I want another 10.5
So much work for $5-10. I guess if you’re moving major volume it’s worth it, but there’s cats I work with who will occasionally cop stuff on SNKRS and sell for $10. $50/year isn’t worth the hassle to me.

I’m super excited about the 86 OG G (Golf Variant). As someone who LOVES OG Nike models and ACGthis model seems to blur the lines between those more than golf. To me the traction looks like it should be a lot better for grip, maybe not pavement, but anything else… especially since I have pretty bad heel drag, the reinforced heel seems super dope! In addition, the materials looks exactly the same… however it notes that the upper is gayrenteed to be 100% waterproof? Might just be leftover description from the last model, but nonetheless interesting. Copped 4 pairs, screw the normal ones honestly! Any thoughts?

Curious if you intend to wear these around casually? I like am1 golf shoes, am90 golf shoes etc etc but...for actual golf...not for wearing anywhere else.
The upper is going to feel "harder"
As someone who plays once/couple times a week, and wearing am1, 90, fkr golfs on rotation, can't imagine wearing these outside of the walk from car to range or hole 1. But also because there are just so many other sneakers to wear casually.
But I guess it's kind of like Timbs, not originally intended to walk around in casually but people do it.

Yesterday and today
EC3E542A-21D0-440C-A50B-A106903A7E8A.jpeg
8B6492C6-5CF3-436E-AC4B-05E00A7CE085.jpeg

Curious if you intend to wear these around casually? I like am1 golf shoes, am90 golf shoes etc etc but...for actual golf...not for wearing anywhere else.
The upper is going to feel "harder"
As someone who plays once/couple times a week, and wearing am1, 90, fkr golfs on rotation, can't imagine wearing these outside of the walk from car to range or hole 1. But also because there are just so many other sneakers to wear casually.
But I guess it's kind of like Timbs, not originally intended to walk around in casually but people do it.

Thx. Other than the extra grip I wasn't sure what the difference was (never did the golf shoes and was tempted to cop just to see) is the harder upper due to whatever they use to waterproof it?

I’m super excited about the 86 OG G (Golf Variant). As someone who LOVES OG Nike models and ACGthis model seems to blur the lines between those more than golf. To me the traction looks like it should be a lot better for grip, maybe not pavement, but anything else… especially since I have pretty bad heel drag, the reinforced heel seems super dope! In addition, the materials looks exactly the same… however it notes that the upper is gayrenteed to be 100% waterproof? Might just be leftover description from the last model, but nonetheless interesting. Copped 4 pairs, screw the normal ones honestly! Any thoughts?
Hmmm, have to buy to try

tumblr_78c4e64cf4d79ef4109568d253a350eb_1da7bad9_500.png

Last edited:
You still didn’t answer the question but okay. I was just curious as to how a few negative opinions here and there end up making up the consensus for the entire thread, that’s all. By and large most OG AM heads all over the world are pretty excited about these from what I’ve seen. I’ve seen you and maybe the same 2-3 naysayers making negative comments/opinions early on up until now, yet I think all of you copped anyway except for my boy illustrayt illustrayt . If you didn’t copp that’s great, I was just asking a followup question about what you deemed to be “the consensus”. You and your buddy are not the only ones in the thread and certainly not the only ones who’ve been regulars here. If you and a few others for whatever don’t like these that’s absolutely fine and welcomed but it definitely doesn’t make up the consensus. If you think I’m lying just go back and check the thread post count on release day.
Consensus is definitely not the word. So my bad.

My point is, there wasn't some big turn on this release. People's thoughts on this release (among regulars) were pretty consistent. Some liked them, some didn't. Most were copping either way, with very few saying they were out.

My thoughts on this release have been consistent... And yes, dblplay1212 dblplay1212 has been consistent in his thoughts about this release.

I don't know you or have anything against you. dblplay1212 dblplay1212 is cool people as well.

Wrong is wrong though. You seemed to take his stance on this release really personal. His thoughts, his money, his justification.

For you to carry on that debate with him regarding his thought, how he spent his money and why was wrong.

You said above "if you and a few others don't like the release or whatever, that's fine."

But you just went to war with dblplay1212 dblplay1212 over his opinion?

Either way, again... No beef.

Just saying the narratives folks put out there about the BB are false. That's all.

And just to add. Not trying to be a gatekeeper. Everyone is welcome for sure. So when I say "regulars in this thread" it isn't to separate or alienate.

It's just factually true. There's about 50-60 or more regulars that are in this thread pretty much everyday and have been for years and years. Then, there's the air Max day crowd that pops in every march and after the dust settles, they're gone again.

Last edited:
They are snug there for me also. I think they'll loosen up nicely after some more wear though.

I've relaced them now so they aren't as tight at the front. I've also decided to stop being a minge and just keep them. The colourway looks banging, and they do look much better in the flesh. I'm still not 100% sold on the big bubble bit, but f**k it, I've bought worse in my time 😂

DSC_1504.JPG
DSC_1502.JPG

Back
Top Bottom