THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I think I'm going to put in an order for these.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 11.35.57 PM.png

My second pair came in today and I like them way more than my first. Nubuck is definitely the best material for the Mudguard. I'm definitely making a couple more but I'm gonna use mesh for the toebox.
20230828_180444.jpg

Also I was rushing and forgot to change the liner from velvet to mesh but it's not that big of a deal.
You killed these man! Def love the Kennedy callback. Y'all been killing these ID's too. Ive been loving all of the creations.

Wow ordered 2 pairs 7 days ago and got the messages today that they’re done. I wonder why they’re pumping them out so fast. Not a lot of orders? I know I’m gona like one pair because someone already made them but we’ll see about the other. Now to decide with couple pairs are next.
Really want a olive Nubuck pair because that’s my favorite color but not really sure what I want to do with them
The last pair I ordered will be an olive nubuck. Hoping to get the product shipped message soon.

So they are coming out?

I caught an L on SNKRS but was able to pick up a 12W from Kith

Hey guys haven’t been in the thread for a few months so was curious on the consensus of the big bubble release. Were you guys satisfied with them? Really interested in grabbing the obsidian release
Great question. They’re awesome! It’s not like they’re some one off take down of an Air Max 1. It’s the exact opposite of that. They’re the true original AM1 and the first Air Max shoe that was ever created by the legend, Tinker Hatfield. They’re the genesis of Air Max and the reason why we have the AM1 ‘87. Most real fans of the Air Max line are beyond satisfied with them. That would be an understatement. The general public and casual AM fans/historians love them as they embody Tinkers true vision of the AM1 now that technology has advanced enough to allow it. 1986 tech couldn’t support such a large air unit back then and that’s why we ended up getting the ‘87 version with a much smaller air unit. I’d say there’s real no consensus per se, but rather there’s only a very very small vocal minority group of people that actually don’t like them for whatever reason and they’re mostly in this thread. You’ll know who they are as they make their presence known anytime anyone mentions or post anything positive about the shoe and their likeness. Anyway, I hope this helps! The obsidian cw is going to be epic. Will be a great pair to grab. I’d even suggest you consider looking into going back and grabbing the OG red cw as well.

Great question. They’re awesome! It’s not like they’re some one off take down of an Air Max 1. It’s the exact opposite of that. They’re the true original AM1 and the first Air Max shoe that was ever created by the legend, Tinker Hatfield. They’re the genesis of Air Max and the reason why we have the AM1 ‘87. Most real fans of the Air Max line are beyond satisfied with them. That would be an understatement. The general public and casual AM fans/historians love them as they embody Tinkers true vision of the AM1 now that technology has advanced enough to allow it. 1986 tech couldn’t support such a large air unit back then and that’s why we ended up getting the ‘87 version with a much smaller air unit. I’d say there’s real no consensus per se, but rather there’s only a very very small vocal minority group of people that actually don’t like them for whatever reason and they’re mostly in this thread. You’ll know who they are as they make their presence known anytime anyone mentions or post anything positive about the shoe and their likeness. Anyway, I hope this helps! The obsidian cw is going to be epic. Will be a great pair to grab. I’d even suggest you consider looking into going back and grabbing the OG red cw as well.

This. I like them so much that I am only attracted to the BB silhouette now. The '87 version now looks lame to me. I know I'm in the minority on this opinino. I find the BB to also be softer on feet, and I can feel the compression as well. Love 'em!

This. I like them so much that I am only attracted to the BB silhouette now. The '87 version now looks lame to me. I know I'm in the minority on this opinino. I find the BB to also be softer on feet, and I can feel the compression as well. Love 'em!
I hear you bro. Only place we differ is the notion of the ‘87 version being “lame”. I actually couldn’t disagree more. I love and can appreciate the ‘87 version just as much as the ‘86 version. I don’t pit one against the other as they both hold their own place in the history of the AM1 as we know it today. They’re both dope to me. That said I can respect your opinion and I do believe that the ‘86 version is sleeker and more aero dynamic in its design queues. Speaking more to Tinkers original vision of the shoe.

Last edited:
I hear you bro. Only place we differ is the notion of the ‘87 version being “lame”. I actually couldn’t disagree more. I love and can appreciate the ‘87 version just as much as the ‘86 version. I don’t pit one against the other as they both hold their own place in the history of the AM1 as we know it today. They’re both dope to me. That said I can respect your opinion and I do believe that the ‘86 version is sleeker and more aero dynamic in its design queues. Speaking more to Tinkers original vision of the shoe.

I can respect that perspective; very fair point!

Back
Top Bottom