THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Did you use Leather Iron ore on the upper because it appears darker than the nubuck iron on other pairs unless it just lighting? I also notice the tongue and tongue patch are iron ore but appears darker on the Leather Patch. Is that what it looks like in person? thnx
Yes, uppers and tongue patch are both leather iron ore. Swoosh is nubuck iron ore. The collar is smoke grey leather. Could be lighting that’s making it look darker, not sure.

Just received a couple pairs. Glad I went 0.5 up compared to the safari NBY.

Will have to remake the Olive/TS pair - quality issues with the swoosh. I’m a sucker for natural wearaway shoes/materials.

Have no idea what the croc will fade like but it they turn white, I wouldn’t mind on beating the olive pair to get to that point then.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0982.jpeg
    IMG_0982.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 454
I've noticed that area near where the mudguard, midsole and outsole meet has been problematic on some of my pairs. Not seen any separation but it looks like it might at some point. If I wear em and they sperate I'm sure nike will make it right but it's unfortunate. Hope it's not an issue since I bought so many pairs.

I just noticed the lip on one of my pairs is separating already. 😡 Would this bother yal .. you think Nike will do anything for me...

that’s hella disappointing to see. definitely get on their customer service chat.. might be able to get them to send you a whole new pair or at least a refund for these + a coupon towards a future purchase

if there’s one consistent experience i’ve had with nike, it’s that they tend to make things right for customers.

that’s hella disappointing to see. definitely get on their customer service chat.. might be able to get them to send you a whole new pair or at least a refund for these + a coupon towards a future purchase

if there’s one consistent experience i’ve had with nike, it’s that they tend to make things right for customers.
Trying to cook something now 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901-002918.png
    Screenshot_20230901-002918.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 237
1st pair in...i know its not very original.
Like the colors though.
I Tried them on, whoa why so tight....unlaced....so tight....what's going on. Pulled out a recent pair to compare....
Finally Looked at the box and tongue tag.....sigh. ordered 12.5 ... in women's. :stoneface:

Leather tongue. Not great.
laces. Terrible.
everything else. Good.
Sundial. More orange vs yellow
20230831_194413.jpg
20230831_195128.jpg
20230831_195231.jpg
20230831_214052.jpg
20230831_195431.jpg

Like the colors though.
I Tried them on, whoa why so tight....unlaced....so tight....what's going on. Pulled out a recent pair to compare....
Finally Looked at the box and tongue tag.....sigh. ordered 12.5 ... in women's. :stoneface:

laces. Terrible.
everything else. Good.
20230831_194413.jpg
20230831_195128.jpg
20230831_195231.jpg
20230831_214052.jpg
20230831_195431.jpg
those safaris are sick!

I remember during COVID, I made some air force 1s, and it took a minute to arrive, and they sent me an email, that the lair that was arriving was defective, and I could toss them out and another pair was being made....
Ended up returning that lair and keep long the remake.
Everybody was joking to open those wir masks and gloves.

Like the colors though.

laces. Terrible.
everything else. Good.
20230831_194413.jpg
20230831_195128.jpg
20230831_195231.jpg
20230831_214052.jpg
20230831_195431.jpg
Man I was just going to say the same thing, be aware the Nubuck and leather tongues are brutally stiff and I can see them chaffing your upper foot/leg bad! Leather is probably worse.

So, I ended up getting a remake. They offered that or a refund.... Nike cs really is top notch. Told me to just keep em, or return them anytime with in 60 days. So I guess that's a refund and a free pair.
Will definitely cop another one now... 🤷
I was debating letting a few small flaws on my pair slide but this may make me try to reach out to CS, at least for a post-activated disco or something.
Idk what happened here, but super odd creasing already, a mark I can’t clean off even on the mudguard, and nick in the midsole… and similar “not as tight” sole attachment near the toe that I don’t wanna see peeling in a couple wears.

Trying to balance pickiness (it is a new shoe) with the fact these are made-on-demand shoes for us and there will be some QA issues no matter what.
IMG_4832.jpeg

I was debating letting a few small flaws on my pair slide but this may make me try to reach out to CS, at least for a post-activated disco or something.
Idk what happened here, but super odd creasing already, a mark I can’t clean off even on the mudguard, and nick in the midsole… and similar “not as tight” sole attachment near the toe that I don’t wanna see peeling in a couple wears.

Trying to balance pickiness (it is a new shoe) with the fact these are made-on-demand shoes for us and there will be some QA issues no matter what.
IMG_4832.jpeg
That looks normal, tbh... That light bone leather looks like that from what I've seen.... I honestly wouldn't care, but a sole seperating just won't cut it imo.... and I'm not picky at all.

That looks normal, tbh... That light bone leather looks like that from what I've seen.... I honestly wouldn't care, but a sole seperating just won't cut it imo.... and I'm not picky at all.
The other thing - I ordered light bone nubuck and this guard doesn’t feel like nubuck compared to my stone grey nubuck on my other pair, but it also doesn’t compare to the black leather on my third pair. Soooooo. I can’t really tell what the light bone nubuck texture is supposed to be like, but this doesn’t seem right

The other thing - I ordered light bone nubuck and this guard doesn’t feel like nubuck compared to my stone grey nubuck on my other pair, but it also doesn’t compare to the black leather on my third pair. Soooooo. I can’t really tell what the light bone nubuck texture is supposed to be like, but this doesn’t seem right
Yeah, I agree, I think my pair which if I cart and customize says iron ore, but several people in here, and including myself think these might've been bone. I still don't fcking know and I wore em 😂. Tongue tab was bone and it looks exact same to me.
Either way these mfers 🔥 and they do feel way more solid compared to most grs I have.

Attachments

• PXL_20230831_183250666.jpg
    PXL_20230831_183250666.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 933
I was on the fence about ordering the Zen cw. Now, they were just added to the cart lol

It looks like three (or four) more rounds of trios will will be ordered. Just need to decide which order will redeem the 10% off codes or the 20% off codes… and wait for the CB sites to be at least 10% before ordering.
How you get codes? I fought for a 10% code the other day and doesn’t even work on By Yous

How you get codes? I fought for a 10% code the other day and doesn’t even work on By Yous

On NDC, go to:
Promotions > Medical Professionals > Verify Your Credentials

First Responders / Miltary / Students are also applicable.

It seems like you can acquire a new one every two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom