THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Nice. Took a stab at one during one of the previous NikeID periods. (speckled midsole was one of the options at the time)
image0.jpeg

This is the 2010 build, correct? I remember saving up my lunch moneyz for designs LOL

I think I ordered maybe five designs all in all.

I should've bought these the other day when I had the chance.
Story aside, they really are great. That whole Pinnacle back from 2017 is probably still the pinnacle (no pun intended) of am1 gr quality that I've seen. They set the bar so damn high with all of them. The mix of textures with a1 quality is just "chef's kiss*.

Love this colorway and the BB. I like them better than my BB red. Would have got these instead, but at this point I'm cutting down on my purchases so will admire these from afar and just enjoy my red version.
If you like them that much I'd jump on them before they dry up, they are really nice.

I kind of wish I had grabbed the World Make Korea's when I had the chance.

I really dig the colorway.

I figured the price point would make them available in my size until they finally went on sale, like the Crepe Hemps.

...but I was wrong.

Finally received my By You’s. Hate all the glue stains. These are going back

IMG_5920.jpeg
I figured I'd try to get the glue out before I returned mine, hand sanitizer worked ok for me. I put some on a paper towel, folded it so the sanitizer was inside the towel, and gently rubbed. Hand sanitizer works great for tree sap, I use it on my cars, so I figured it'd work for anything sticky.

Yeah, the glue stains suck... QC was definitely not a priority given how fast they're churning these out.

Also, all the swooshes on my pairs have this weird defect where you can see the imprint of another swoosh on it... really grinds my gears
This 'defect' you see on your swooshes are not imprints of other swooshes (although that sounds interesting), but simply marking left from the sewing machine's roller presser foot when the stitching is being done (see attached image). You'll find these indentations on leather parts of Air Max 1s as far back as the beginning. You should be able to either rub these marks out by hand or slowly let them disappear over time with wear. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 11.31.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 11.31.28 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 450
Back
Top Bottom