THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Finally had the chance to open these up. Anyone have recs to match the sundial laces? I bought some gold laces off of lace lab and they were a shade lighter.
1AE2B745-4BA9-4DB2-A12B-A858CA61B8D4.jpeg

Been going back and forth on if I need these or not and think this might sway me 🔥. What color did you go with for the tongue tag?

Last edited:
Finally had the chance to open these up. Anyone have recs to match the sundial laces? I bought some gold laces off of lace lab and they were a shade lighter.
1AE2B745-4BA9-4DB2-A12B-A858CA61B8D4.jpeg
Sundial is in the orange spectrum so gold won't work. I had tried to get some true orange laces from Amazon but the shades are to dark.

Sundial is in the orange spectrum so gold won't work. I had tried to get some true orange laces from Amazon but the shades are to dark.
Okay, thanks for the insight. I will keep looking. Really don’t want to keep these ID laces on them.

Use paint and a toothbrush. Experiment with flicking the bristles with your finger vs. flicking the actual brush.

Also change your distance from the surface.

*To find your preferred consistency.*

Practice on an old pair before starting on the pair you want done.
How do you prep the midsole? Acetone? Rubbing alcohol? What kind of paint do you use that's flexible and won't crack? I'm waiting to paint the entire midsole and also add speckles. Got a pair of True AM97 that have crumbled soles and wanna soleswap with an AM1 sole, but retain as much of the OG appearance by matching color/speckles.
PXL_20220325_175115834.jpg

How do you prep the midsole? Acetone? Rubbing alcohol? What kind of paint do you use that's flexible and won't crack? I'm waiting to paint the entire midsole and also add speckles. Got a pair of True AM97 that have crumbled soles and wanna soleswap with an AM1 sole, but retain as much of the OG appearance by matching color/speckles.
Always go with angelus paint.

You can always prep by taking the finishing coat off (with acetone) first then apply it back with a top coat from angelus. But the times I did it, I didn't strip that coat off. I just applied a finishing coat over the speckles.

Obviously if you want a thorough job... Take the top coat off first.

There's good YouTube videos if you really need a step by step.

The most difficult part about the whole thing is figuring out what consistency/droplet size you want.

Once that's done, you're good.

Last edited:
Nike should retro these True AM97s. Loved the fact I was able to walk in on a Saturday morning and grab a pair without any hassle.

Always go with angelus paint.

You can always prep by taking the finishing coat off (with acetone) first then apply it back with a top coat from angelus. But the times I did it, I didn't strip that coat off. I just applied a finishing coat over the speckles.

Obviously if you want a thorough job... Take the to coat off first.

There's good YouTube videos of you really need a step by step.

The most difficult part about the whole thing is figuring out what consistency/droplet size you want.

Once that's done, you're good.

What do you use for a finishing layer on am1 midsole? Dont want it too shiny or too matte.

Nike should retro these True AM97s. Loved the fact I was able to walk in on a Saturday morning and grab a pair without any hassle.
They even stocked them after the initial release. I remember going there and they always had them on display, just wasn't the official official version which I believe had a different insole and different box?

Back
Top Bottom