THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yes. It’s called Nike By ‘You’ for a reason.
Never copy someone else’s creation. Big lame

the-office-steve-carell.gif

yall, i've spent too much time on IG looking at AM1 NBY and ready to bite the bullet before the option vanishes.

is it lame/wrong of me to copy other peoples' colorways?

No, it's cool that someone liked your design enough to spend money on making it and wearing it as well.

i honestly would personally rather copy one of yall's designs than remake/remix an existing colorway or borrow an iconic colorway and place it on my NBY. I don't even want bred air force 1's or dunks. No hate on any one that does and of course most of the ones i've seen in here that copied iconic colorways look fire. But, alot of y'all have been killing it and making better colorways than what's been releasing. by the brand. So if I'd by a sub par GR that thousands of people have already bought, why not copy what a fellow NT'er created? Much more rare and creative. I would take it as a major compliment if some one aped my mock up. Like this one here:emoji_point_down:.......still top 3 IMO for this recent run of AM1 x NBY. ...and it aint number three. Whoever did this one first cooked 👨‍🍳

1698170501423.png

Now that I think of it:emoji_thinking: it would be dope if we could do an awards for best NBY mockups for this recent run. For bragging rights alone if nothing else.

lol some of y'all care waaaaay too much about what others are doing. If you see a shoe you like, make 'em. "Damn I love those but I can't make them bc he did" is crazy talk.
facts......i mean, i get the sentiment....be original. I've def trash canned an NBY if it looked too much like what someone here posted or what the brand has already released/will be releasing.

But, then the logic starts to fall off a cliff when you acknowledge that we are all buying the same GR and limited colorways of the same shoe and alot of people are using iconic colorways or remixing old classics. on there NBY's anyway. i wouldn't do it but, i literally don't care if someone else does. but we all have our opinions. That's what makes this place magical.

Last edited:
If you like a design enough to drop near $200 on, doesn't matter if you designed it yourself, used an existing shoe as inspiration, or straight copied another design you saw online. The chances your design is unique are slim to none. I'm sure there are plenty of people designing and buying IDs that are not posting about them online, or are posting in corners of the internet you don't know about or visit.

It’s a compliment in my book if someone out there thought your design was nice enough for them to spend their funds on. That’s DOPE as hell to me!

I’ve duplicated/modified others’ designs because I REALLY liked them. I always give them a shout out when I do! 🙌 :emoji_sunglasses:

To name a few:
Otaku Otaku : I remember your Bacon and Eggs design! That design/concept was too dope to not order.

eltigre eltigre : Your Game Boy design/concept was DOPE AF too! Probably my favorite concept of this year’s AM1 palette that isn’t mine.

V vidiviciun : I know he mostly messes with NB, but his NB1 designs were A1.

If you like a design enough to drop near $200 on, doesn't matter if you designed it yourself, used an existing shoe as inspiration, or straight copied another design you saw online. The chances your design is unique are slim to none. I'm sure there are plenty of people designing and buying IDs that are not posting about them online, or are posting in corners of the internet you don't know about or visit.
Agreed, not really a rebuttal, however, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that's talented at iD/nby or other programs that have no interest in sharing.

Maybe it's out there, but imo... Very very rare.

Maybe some guys aren't on NT

Some aren't in the fb groups

Some aren't on ig...

But between the 3 (and other venues like reddit) I believe that we have seen a good majority of the better iDs out there.

Sneaker enthusiasts and social media accounts go way back like spinal cords and car seats.

Imo

Last edited:
Yea I agree most people that are really into messing around and getting creative with ID options are likely posting their designs and finished products online to share.

Regardless even if you copied a design and somehow ran into someone wearing the same exact IDs is it really that much different than if you were wearing the same GRs?

End of the day, buy and rock what you like.

It’s a compliment in my book if someone out there thought your design was nice enough for them to spend their funds on. That’s DOPE as hell to me!

I’ve duplicated/modified others’ designs because I REALLY liked them. I always give them a shout out when I do! 🙌 :emoji_sunglasses:

To name a few:
Otaku Otaku : I remember your Bacon and Eggs design! That design/concept was too dope to not order.

eltigre eltigre : Your Game Boy design/concept was DOPE AF too! Probably my favorite concept of this year’s AM1 palette that isn’t mine.

V vidiviciun : I know he mostly messes with NB, but his NB1 designs were A1.
never wear them never wear them
kvn kvn
gentry187 gentry187
battleground03 battleground03
donjuan513 donjuan513

illustrayt illustrayt been around since the old days too

V vidiviciun is the godfather of the new balance program imo.

That program was super 🔥🔥🔥

Props to these guys for putting major work in via iD throughout the years. (And others)

Wish all those old threads still had pics.

Last edited:
Personally, I like the thought of actually having a 1 of 1 AM1 and the shoe is more special to me if I designed it. On one hand I do get the compliment aspect of it, but on the other hand it seems kinda lazy. I put in a lot of time and effort on the builder to come up with some dope designs, to have some lurker come through with no thought of effort of their own feels gross imo. But if it gets posted online it's fair game, no ones gonna stop you and you can't really complain. Haven't posted the majority of my NBYs cause I'd like to keep it exclusive. Having said all that, I definitely took some inspiration from here and IG on a couple pairs, not a straight copy but close enough. Although I'm real close to copying those purple urawas with the red pops that was posted in here not too long ago.

The NBY fit just like normal AM1s, right? Anything else to consider when making a pair? I saw some pages back that the velvet sock liner will pull your no-show socks down?

Back
Top Bottom