THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Going thru the closet and thought I would take a few pics of some alike colorways for comparison sake.
Mica green and spiral sage...
20240109_183605.jpg

That air max LV8 series doesn’t get enough love. The material on them is great. Still upset with myself for passing up on the obsidians when they were just sitting at the local skate shop
I agree 100%

Those obsidian's went for far below 100 bucks shipped. I have prob 4 pairs

Evergreen and dark teal LV8
20240109_191715.jpg

Looking fwd to comparing evergreen and that new dark green releasing this year.

Cleat check with a student of mine. Young people couldn’t care less about AM1s. I’ll wear a handful of AM1 collabs to school and not a peep. But lemme wear some general release jordan 1s or dunks and it’s immediately it’s “ohhh **** Mr. S got the heat!” and “lemme get those.” :lol:

Tbh, I think I used to be the same way. I can’t even recall how I got into AM1s

IMG_0053.jpeg

via IG
IMG_7473.PNG

What are your thoughts?

At retail or close to it, you already know mine! lol

However GRs at >60% off, I'll opt for the GRs if I like them enough as stock LOL

family, with your creations and your work with govrn, you're easily rockin 3 GRs at the same time on one pair :lol:

i'm definitely on team GR > customs tho. 99% of my rotation are GRs with a handful of collabs tossed in. I only did my recent NBY pairs because folks were generous to share some great designs here and I had a 20% coupon.

definitely trying to slow down this year to prioritize travel but these discos are making it hard

via IG
IMG_7473.PNG

What are your thoughts?

However GRs at >60% off, I'll opt for the GRs if I like them enough as stock LOL

Definitely going with NBY, especially with the material quality this time around. All these other pairs will be there if you decide you want them down the line. I guess it depends on how good your designs are, some of the nbys on ig aint it at all.

Royal BBs will probably be my last purchase. Got a couple years worth of pickups tied up in these nbys, got entirely too many shoes at this point.

In a way though, we're more limited in making a custom product versus choosing from a plethora of mass produced air max 1s. What I'm supposed to do with 3 shades of pink/purple on ID if I want a green or burgundy or carolina or whatever other air max 1 that I could grab off the shelf rn?

You get boffum :lol:

I’d definitely pick NBYs/IDs over GRs with the level of personalization/uniqueness you get. And we know Nike likes to rehash most of the old stuff, so we’ll get ‘em again, and again, and again eventually lol

NBY options are def good. But tbh shape and some quality issues exist.

Copped 3 pair and I'm happy. Would like to do some more but 190 Euros is hard to swallow.
Prayers out that Nike EU removes the options asap.
We only had NBY for about 3 days, it's been removed!
I made 4 pairs and love all of them. But i'm a big footer and don't always get a chance to cop GRs way below retail.

via IG
IMG_7473.PNG

What are your thoughts?

i've oredered 4 pairs and only one was good while other 3 pairs had major QC issues (common for ID's thru the years) and terrible leather.
that one good pair had suade, mesh and awesom shape. No GR or collab this year was even close to my pair.
So yes, ID pairs but if they gonna do them right

Attachments

• 20231126_130417.jpg
    20231126_130417.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 449
Does anyone have a website recommendation for AM1 laces that offer custom colored lace tips? I came across one based out of France, but figured I’d ask if anyone has a U.S. site they have used before.

NBY options are def good. But tbh shape and some quality issues exist.

Copped 3 pair and I'm happy. Would like to do some more but 190 Euros is hard to swallow.
Prayers out that Nike EU removes the options asap.
This. I just checked (I'm in Germany) and NBY is still there. But damn, EUR 190??!?

Back
Top Bottom