THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

To add, Ralph Lauren and Nike have been in the team USA (summer) business for quite some time now.

Yea I know Ralph Lauren is the official sponsor for the US team overall

But like for the US swimming team, TYR is doing all of their gear (track suits and stuff)

Nike probably has it for the basketball team and track team’s and has the Pegasus 41 as the main shoe with that stuff

But like for the US swimming team, TYR is doing all of their gear (track suits and stuff)

Nike probably has it for the basketball team and track team’s and has the Pegasus 41 as the main shoe with that stuff
And skateboarding lol

Olys today. Had to ask a favor from a Swoosh account holder. Wish there was a little more red in these
IMG_4005.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
My only point was that Nike doesn't have the excuse to say:​

"oh we don't have the rights to place any USA branding on this USA themed air max 1 we are releasing."

They just chose not to do so.

Impossible to say why they didn't use it. Contracts are specific on what they can use branding for. Being able to use it for one thing doesn't mean they have carte blanche to slap it on anything they want. I prefer it without any branding tbh but I understand why some would want it. I just feels like it dates them.

While I would've loved a USA insignia, I also think it would've shrunk their audience of potential buyers. Some people may like the colorway but may not care to wear something with a USA logo year round.
Good point. Debatable for sure.

With a silhouette like the am1 that still isn't very popular overall, one could estimate release numbers at about 50-100k, to be fair.

The inverse argument could be that because of the branding that more collectors would've been interested.

All pairs will be gobbled up either way eventually.

But we know most sneaker enthusiasts love a well executed collab.

For an am1 enthusiast like myself that isn't copping, I could say that with an American flag on the tongue or heel, it would be a no brainer.

But price, lack of branding, and the fact that I have many, many, other obsidian variants is why it's a pass for me.

Very similar to the Air Max Triax ‘96 - but those had stripes on tongue and Nike track and field logo on insole, yet no official Olympic or Team USA logo. Love the Oly AM1 but some special treatment like that would have been nice. Will be wearing mine in Paris while rooting on Team USA!

Last edited:
What don't you like about them?

They're solid, I just know I wouldn't wear em that much and admit it was an impulse cop

Now that I have em in hand and I'm cool with the materials, I'm open to copping Pears as I like the colorway better... The prices on those are plummeting (as low $125 in some spots) so I'll scoop those any day now

They're solid, I just know I wouldn't wear em that much and admit it was an impulse cop

Now that I have em in hand and I'm cool with the materials, I'm open to copping Pears as I like the colorway better... The prices on those are plummeting (as low $125 in some spots) so I'll scoop those any day now
Where those $125 spots.. I’ve been searching lol

Back
Top Bottom