THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Haven't been here in a while but does Nike really think that people wear AM1s to run marathons. They are dope a style item at this point. Nothing more. I haven't put on the Lunar outsole AMs tho so I can't say for sure. My brother makes fun of me saying that calling AMs runners is like calling Adidas Superstars "basketball shoes"

Youngin, in what we older heads call the "past" AM1s and Adi Superstars were worn to use in said sporting events such as running and basketball games. That's why they're still referred to as runners and basketball shoes.

With current advances in technology, of course you wouldn't wear AM1s (lunar or not) to marathons.

i still need to pick up a pair when the go on sale on fnl. i have some wcr to burn.

Nice. I like them. Just not enough to pay resale. If I had been able to cart and coupon, I think I would have been very happy with them. Oh well, on to the next!
Word. I wouldn't either. I was on the fence about the retail price but w.e I did it. Really comfortable though and the blue on the upper is brighter than i thought. It looked darker in pictures.

Definitely do it. I grabbed mine from City Gear for $77 shipped a few weeks backs.
I was really tempted to pick up a pair also when it went on sale. That pair looked so clean and simple. Then I realized I had to cut back and passed on it. 

Just got back from laundromat .Take it easy guy
This is NT. ****** try far too hard to clown others. Don't worry. Someone will bring that post up, out of context, to clown you in the future.

Youngin, in what we older heads call the "past" AM1s and Adi Superstars were worn to use in said sporting events such as running and basketball games. That's why they're still referred to as runners and basketball shoes.

With current advances in technology, of course you wouldn't wear AM1s (lunar or not) to marathons.

We know that. Still laughable that Nike is making a Chicago marathon colorway for AM1s. But they have a gem on their hands that they won't release good colorways in GR numbers (flyknit racers). Adidas is doing the same with the Primeknit pureboost too :smh:

I'm old enough to remember Jordan come back from retirement and vaguely remember his first threepeat. Not that young.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay more than maybe 60/70 for that pair. Actually I wouldn't buy them at all, too worn out.
its a new trend nowadays to buy sought after shoes in worn out condition lol
laugh.gif

especially atmos elephants, animals and beast am1s
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom