THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

i just can get with the breathes. whenever an AM comes out with some funky material, all i think about is "outlet shoe" :rolleyes

Thanks for the heads up man, copped these for $37 shipped. Thanks man!! 
Got my $37 shipped order in the other day. As we all know the toe box has went to ****. Here's a little update on the work I did on these. They have since dried, suede (which isn't bad at all) has been brushed out, and all is well!! 

IDs came in. Love em. I know its been done but I Went with the Hold tight/nazar eye inspired look. Sorry for the iPhone Pics.

Last edited:
Got my $37 shipped order in the other day. As we all know the toe box has went to ****. Here's a little update on the work I did on these. They have since dried, suede (which isn't bad at all) has been brushed out, and all is well!! 

I actually didn't think the shape was that bad on these compared to other but you have them looking really good! Did you stuff the inside with a sock before you started. Did you use a wet towel between the iron and shoe or did you just wet the toe? Sorry for all the questions....

I actually didn't think the shape was that bad on these compared to other but you have them looking really good! Did you stuff the inside with a sock before you started. Did you use a wet towel between the iron and shoe or did you just wet the toe? Sorry for all the questions....
The left side is actually after working the shoe, dry, for a minute. By that I mean taking the toe box and physically  bending it downward and trying to get the square-ness out of the toe box.

That only did so much so then I took the iron to it.

1. Insert shoe tree

2. Dampen your toe box, do not soak it, but get it wet enough that it's not dry

3. Dampen a wash rag (clean), and lay the rag over the toe box

4. Iron the toe box with your iron on low heat gradually pushing the toe box to your desired shape.

5. You will begin to notice your toe box rounding out, but, you will also notice your mesh 'folding' or making a few waves. Just take the iron to the mesh and make it flat.

Slow and steady is KEY, do not burn your toe box material, use low heat, and at the very least you can get the squareness out of the toe box.

My next step is figuring out how to mane the sole lay flat, and not point up. Once that's done, the shoe is complete!

I need to try out the iron trick to my Obsidians.

Guys I have a quick question. Were the 09 QS release of the white/blue and white/red original colorways good quality?

This one has got to have the worst shape of all AM1s I´ve seen. Got it on sale and haven´t really worn it yet, I need to find a way to make that pig-nosed toe get flatter, but I don´t know if ironing will work on that material

anyone knows if the air max 1s "escape" are releasing with the am90,95 and internationalist? i can see in nikestore mentioning only 3 models(already mentioned) and not the am1........:S
the 90s, 95s and the internationalist are releasing 22 november and the 1s are releasing at 20 december

the pair with the most demand got as last released

the 90s, 95s and the internationalist are releasing 22 november and the 1s are releasing at 20 december

the pair with the most demand got as last released
thanks man! since you have some air max 1 background, do you think these will be hard to cop?...it is the first am1 i like after the milanos and was hoping to grab a pair..

thanks man! since you have some air max 1 background, do you think these will be hard to cop?...it is the first am1 i like after the milanos and was hoping to grab a pair..
i personally think that these will be hard to cop, the people on the FB EU sneaker groups are talking about them every day

there is alot of buzz and fuzz surrounded at this escape pack especially since the pricing is so damn high (AM95s are 210E)
sick.gif

that already makes the people want them, cuz everybody thinks that they must be very special with that very expensive price

i personally are not gonna buy them but if i have to choose 1 pair i would deff take the 95s and then after the 90s, im not really feeling the 1s

modus is probably right, im suspecting that these are coming from china,
cuz that toebox looks way too funky to be a release from vietnam
This one looks slightly better (from an offcial Nike JP blog) but I'm still convinced that they will be from China. The forefoot doesn't bend up too much but there's still a bit more curve in the top edge of the midsole halfway the shoe.

The picture Nike released also looked pretty decent.

Last edited:
The picture Nike released also looked pretty decent.
the shoe that is used for the nike picture is deff manufactured in the top secret sample factory in vietnam or taiwan

no way that those are coming from a regular AM1 factory in china or vietnam, that shoe looks way too flawless

every panel is cut out super tight, with no crooked edges or weird looking bends, unlike the stuff what comes from a normal factory
sick.gif

the shoe that is used for the nike picture is deff manufactured in the top secret sample factory in vietnam or taiwan

no way that those are coming from a regular AM1 factory in china or vietnam, that shoe looks way too flawless

every panel is cut out super tight, with no crooked edges or weird looking bends, unlike the stuff what comes from a normal factory
sick.gif
You are dead on about those being high quality samples! I honestly think that these escapes will be a Vietnam release like the Burnished AM1's. With Nike using a classic name on these I think they will try and put just a tick more effort into these. Only way to know for sure is to wait until someone get san early pair and post them on Instagram.

@Bahljs   Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! You have been repped and inspired my weekend project.

You are dead on about those being high quality samples! I honestly think that these escapes will be a Vietnam release like the Burnished AM1's. With Nike using a classic name on these I think they will try and put just a tick more effort into these. Only way to know for sure is to wait until someone get san early pair and post them on Instagram.

@Bahljs   Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! You have been repped and inspired my weekend project.
@Hippohead  let me know how it goes man!

Back
Top Bottom