THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

IMG_2866.JPG
Loving these , a quick lace swap makes EM pop
They should've made the blue green instead.

Thank you guys for the info regarding the best years to collect! I'm glad I chose to start with the 2017 pairs.

Thank you guys for the info regarding the best years to collect! I'm glad I chose to start with the 2017 pairs.
honestly, just stick with 2017 pairs and keep looking ahead. There's going to be alot of AM1s coming out after how much Nike has invested into remastering the shape.
If you must have some grail pairs from the golden era, you should expect many of them to start being unwearable and require midsole swaps/resole. The costs add up really ****ing fast.

honestly, just stick with 2017 pairs and keep looking ahead. There's going to be alot of AM1s coming out after how much Nike has invested into remastering the shape.
If you must have some grail pairs from the golden era, you should expect many of them to start being unwearable and require midsole swaps/resole. The costs add up really ****ing fast.
Well said 100%

Anyone here use crep protect on their 1s? I use them on my jewels and they were fine but im more concerned about when using them on OGs? TIA

why do people use these crep protect/jason mark and other "premium sneaker cleaners" anyway?

I don't know how familiar americans are to this product but I usually use bile soap to clean mesh and other textile parts. Also if you want to keep your leather nice you should use some kind of wax finish on it. Using too much stain protection might dry the leather, but waxing it will keep it nice and smooth for a long time. I know this seems like going the long mile just for a pair of sneakers but that's why I'm on this forum anyway, lol.

The Air Max 1 in OG build is pretty easy to clean. You can also do the trick with putting it in a pillowcase and wash it with cold water in the washing machine if you are bold, I did it when I was a teenager and it did work pretty good back then, although now I'd have some mental reservations about it, lol.

You can replicate Jason Markks solution pretty well if you just buy a bit more expensive soap and make a solution out of it. The reason it works so well is because the oil he uses to produce the soap in his solution is not from a palm tree but out of more exotic plants.

Back
Top Bottom