THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I gotta say, I get thrown off by all the sizing questions. I've only had like five pairs of am1s but all have felt the same size-wise. I understand the curry retros fit snug but even so, is there ever really any doubt about going TTS in an am1?
TTS is probably the safest bet but I had to go half size down for the red anniversaries since my TTS pair was too long.

Lpu: straight to white laces. big up to my homey @vig09 for finding these for me.

IMG_20180909_121422_01__01.jpg

need these

These are nice overall. Leather on the mudguard/toebox is the soft grain leather Nike use sometimes, it's thin/flexible but feels quality at the same time.

Shape out of the box is fine too, they did a good job using soft leather for the mudguard. They take a shoe tree really well.
The leather creases 'everywhere' instead of just one seam if you know what I mean, it has an actual grain to it.

Will be beating these up and see how they wears with age. Maybe get another pair to stock on the 20th and will have to get the white too now.

IMG_0717.jpg

I gotta say, I get thrown off by all the sizing questions. I've only had like five pairs of am1s but all have felt the same size-wise. I understand the curry retros fit snug but even so, is there ever really any doubt about going TTS in an am1?
Nope... sizing questions are a bit annoying.

I sometimes size up 1/2 and it definitely helps on the width, but my true size or half up both work for me.

What's going on with these Pompidous. Are they releasing stateside?

I can wear a 10.5 or 11. But the thing I dislike about the size 11 is that the back of the shoe looks huge like it doesnt fit even though it does. The 10.5 is a snug fit. Most of my 1s are size 11 though. I like the extra room.

Man I've been wanting these for a minute and a buddy finally was at peace with parting with them. I love nappy suede and AM1 so this was a must have but I could never find them. From what I can tell the biggest size they made was a us10.5. Really weird. Not a women's 12, but a legit men's 10.5. Not sure on laces. I think I like the sail to break it up but I love the orange tips on the og laces. Will probably end up going sail and painting the tips. Found it odd that the extra laces that came with them were white while the midsole is sail. Can't have white laces and a sail midsole. :smh:

Great pair, even the shape isn't as bad as others from the time.
Them being all one color on the upper really helps. The mudguard shape is terrible but it doesn't jump out bc of the solid color upper. If we're being honest, Cherrywoods are the same way.

Back
Top Bottom