THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'm certainly the only one on this thread who didn't have bought a single pair of AM1 between 2007 and 2016, of my life i never owned a single pair of dark era AM1 (but I have caught up well since spring 2017 lol, now it's my favorite AM model & i am so happy with my pairs! for me they are just perfect for a 39 years old boy :tongue: , it's a classic...)
2008 still had some dope ones, they switched factory like half year through

lol @ people complaining about AM1 over the last 2 years. TOO MANY COLORS!!! :lol: I hope they make a million colorways a month so I can pick which ones I like and most likely get them on discount.

Agreed - Around 2015 we couldn't have dreamed this much heat would be coming our way. However oversaturation isn't a good thing dude. AM1 is the most ubiquitous AM silhouette in Europe atm and runs the risk of loosing its esoteric charm.

Agreed - Around 2015 we couldn't have dreamed this much heat would be coming our way. However oversaturation isn't a good thing dude. AM1 is the most ubiquitous AM silhouette in Europe atm and runs the risk of loosing its esoteric charm.
I can see that point in Europe. I was just looking through a US lens and its not very popular here. I rarely see people wearing AM1.

+1

and for info no one complains! a simple observation is not a complaint...

with some people there is always only black or white... (if you do not say it's great/super it's inevitably that you complain for them... it's a bit reductive I think! of course we're all more than happy with our recent AM1 shoes)

I don’t really care much about oversaturation. AM1s been oversatuarted imo. There’s so many cws that get pumped out every year, the only reason why most of y’all care now is that Nike brought back some AM1 hype by remastering the shape and putting out more decent cws.

I just won’t cop a majority of what comes out like I do with other shoes that come out in a ton of cws like the Air Jordan 1 or AM97s. After a while I get tired of buying the same shoes

CRACK!!!!

Looking good here, I dig

*Not my pic

1a.jpg

1aa.jpg

lol @ people complaining about AM1 over the last 2 years. TOO MANY COLORS!!! :lol: I hope they make a million colorways a month so I can pick which ones I like and most likely get them on discount.
i dont think there are any "too many colorway" complaints. more like. too many similar colorways. it is amazing how may am1s i have in my closet that are shades 0f green or grey.

Last edited:
exactly

many forget (or weren't around) for the horror decade from 07-17

And let's not pretend the differences are anything more than minor over last year and a bit.

Give me a decent shaped max 1 OG in red and royal as a staple and I'll be happy- if it's mudguard isnt high enough or the toe box slightly off shape, or one stitch is off- then I don't really care - buy em- put em on and enjoy them and stop overanalysing them- or dont buy them and quit complaining
so basically you are saying...we should be ok with mediocrity and just give nike our $ anyway, shutup and stop complaining?

dude flip flops harder than the cheap *** old navy joints he wears more often than 87s he stocks for stunting purposes. you dont see oversaturation? oh wait, a few heads speak up after the fact and now you DO see oversaturation, but only in europe? okay my dude, keep riding hard. no one said too many colors, but too many close variants of the same colors. maybe if you stepped outside the bubble you live in, youd get it. and maybe youd see more 87s being worn.

@dinos agreed on your concerns on hold tights. prob one of the GOATs but just so fragile from toe cap peeling off, to cracking mudguard, to midsole separation.

dude flip flops harder than the cheap *** old navy joints he wears more often than 87s he stocks for stunting purposes. you dont see oversaturation? oh wait, a few heads speak up after the fact and now you DO see oversaturation, but only in europe? okay my dude, keep riding hard. no one said too many colors, but too many close variants of the same colors. maybe if you stepped outside the bubble you live in, youd get it. and maybe youd see more 87s being worn.

@dinos agreed on your concerns on hold tights. prob one of the GOATs but just so fragile from toe cap peeling off, to cracking mudguard, to midsole separation.
Wait, was this directed at me? Old Navy joints? What are you even talking about? I wear AM1 95% of the time. Not sure why you made that up but ok. As for me acknowledging it being different in Europe, well Air Max in general is different over there. AM1 and AM97 are iconic over there. The average person in the US doesnt even know what at AM1 is. I can see why Nike wouldn't want to diminish its status in EU but here in the US over saturation really isnt doing anything but make it easy for me to get pairs on the cheap.

Last edited:
lol US fashion sense for AMs are always slow as fk
it take ages before they pick up the trends from the EU
and notice whats poppin over here on the most fashionable continent
Jordans here are what Air Max are over there. More Jordans here than Air Max. I see a good many VM and 270s but I rarely see AM1's. Just not a thing here, at least not where I live.

so basically you are saying...we should be ok with mediocrity and just give nike our $ anyway, shutup and stop complaining?

That's exactly what I said, isn't it? :rolleyes
Are you my girl? Twisting my words like that? Your complaining will get you about as far as it would with my girl - nowhere!:rofl:
They are sneakers, made in asian factories because it's cheaper- we have all paid too much for sneakers- it's why we come on here to chat with likeminded people.
Let's be honest- we have all been 'OK with mediocrity and thrown our money at Nike anyway'- difference is I don't pretend any different.

If a shoe looks good, I'll buy it and wear it- shape and materials might not be perfect replica of OG, but if I like it on foot I'm happy.
It's not that serious.

All the big brands make stuff for as cheap as possible and most is mediocre- you ever seen where a 'made in italy' product comes from?
It's not some nonna in her home handcrafting it with traditional tools and premium material- it's basically a factory, like any other factory- primarily filled with migrant workers.

Complain all you like- but personally, I don't like to worry about things I can't control. Life is too short (and now I've wasted a minute writing this ):lol:

Peace:emoji_v:

That's exactly what I said, isn't it? :rolleyes
Are you my girl? Twisting my words like that? Your complaining will get you about as far as it would with my girl - nowhere!:rofl:
They are sneakers, made in asian factories because it's cheaper- we have all paid too much for sneakers- it's why we come on here to chat with likeminded people.
Let's be honest- we have all been 'OK with mediocrity and thrown our money at Nike anyway'- difference is I don't pretend any different.

If a shoe looks good, I'll buy it and wear it- shape and materials might not be perfect replica of OG, but if I like it on foot I'm happy.
It's not that serious.

All the big brands make stuff for as cheap as possible and most is mediocre- you ever seen where a 'made in italy' product comes from?
It's not some nonna in her home handcrafting it with traditional tools and premium material- it's basically a factory, like any other factory- primarily filled with migrant workers.

Complain all you like- but personally, I don't like to worry about things I can't control. Life is too short (and now I've wasted a minute writing this ):lol:

Peace:emoji_v:
Watch your mouth folk. You don't even know me. Keep slick talk and criticism to the shoes. Save the personal attacks for when/if we ever have the pleasure of meeting in person.

You have a right to be ok with mediocrity just like the next man has the right to want perfection.

It must be getting close to AMD, because this thread is starting to wreak of menstruation.

Last edited:
Figure I'd throw my comment in as well on the state of AM1

The real problem is the cost savings efforts on the model. Nike didn't take this shoe seriously despite their advertising message to us. The grs are all so simple with the same poor quality materials and basic color blocking. Look at any of the popular old pairs. Materials are diverse, far superior in quality, and the color blocking clearly took more time to layout the shoe for the manufacturer... this all leads to my favorite pair of current releases being my all black dsm. That shouldn't be the case.

Side note, I'm digging the light blue AMD pair coming.

Back
Top Bottom