THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

It wouldnt be because of the amount of social media comments about how ****ed up crooked the heel is, so nike pulled after realising massive qc issue...

Something flared up in the news over there the rest of the world hasnt heard about?

It’s just not a good look for a brand that tries to take a loud liberal/progressive stance.

A shoe, even with a small/mild tinge of racist, slavery, far right subtext, would have advocates taking Nike to the woodshed. With my admittedly limited knowledge of US history, at first blush, I immediately jumped to confederate flag territory.

It’s just not a good look for a brand that tries to take a loud liberal/progressive stance.

A shoe, even with a small/mild tinge of racist, slavery, far right subtext, would have advocates taking Nike to the woodshed. Even with my limited knowledge of US history, at first blush, I immediately jumped to confederate flag territory.
Ehh, comparing it to the Confederate flag is too much imo.

C5C3A260-87EC-4781-937B-82B52EEAE21E.jpeg Now what do they do next , get rid of these 13 star sixers jerseys ??

Dont know how anyone would think the original flag of the country is in any way racist.

There was some talk on the socials of some trump crap going on, I assumed the link was there, obviously the two things have no link.

Im going with the QC issue until i hear otherwise.

Dont know how anyone would think the original flag of the country is in any way racist.

There was some talk on the socials of some trump crap going on, I assumed the link was there, obviously the two things have no link.

I

It’s no more racist than the current iteration.

its definitely the flag. its not even so much that people think its racist, even though some definitely will ignorantly perceive it that way. It's "culturally insensitive."
Right.

I don't think of slavery when I see that flag. But I'm not black. I can absolutely understand a black person not wanting to be reminded of those times. I'm not in a position to tell a person of color how they should or shouldn't feel about anything related to slavery or times of slavery. If people are offended by it, I'm cool with it being pulled.

Sucks bc I liked them but it's just sneakers.

Ehh, comparing it to the Confederate flag is too much imo.

FWIW the commentary has more to do with that fact that my mind went there. I don’t actively make that association. But if I can make that association - others can too. Frankly don’t really even care about American Flag business in any form.

Right.

I don't think of slavery when I see that flag. But I'm not black. I can absolutely understand a black person not wanting to be reminded of those times. I'm not in a position to tell a person of color how they should or shouldn't feel about anything related to slavery or times of slavery. If people are offended by it, I'm cool with it being pulled.

Sucks bc I liked them but it's just sneakers.
Quite progressive. I’m Black and I hope “racism” is not the reason for pulling it. Although I doubt almost any reason they give for pulling it wouldn’t satisfy me.

If your offended by that flag then dont buy the shoe it's pretty simple. Every single person in this thread said (cop) when the first pictures were posted.

Back
Top Bottom