THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

If your offended by that flag then dont buy the shoe it's pretty simple. Every single person in this thread said (cop) when the first pictures were posted.
Na Nike can't make decisions based on that. If it were a Confederate flag, I dont think any of us would say "Cool, just dont buy it if you dont like it." I'm not comparing the Colonial flag to the Confederate flag, just saying "Dont buy it if you dont like it" doesnt really work. Nike has to look big picture and they arent trying to offend a big part of the population.

42276ED4-E0CE-478E-9CC0-4545B7DCAD43.png 4FDC06C2-9617-4447-B9B1-ACF8BE299783.png They’re still on FNL and FL

Na Nike can't make decisions based on that. If it were a Confederate flag, I dont think any of us would say "Cool, just dont buy it if you dont like it." I'm not comparing the Colonial flag to the Confederate flag, just saying "Dont buy it if you dont like it" doesnt really work. Nike has to look big picture and they arent trying to offend a big part of the population.

Your entitled to your opinion I'm entitled to mine.

You'd be cool if Nike sold kicks with a Nazi symbol and said "Don't buy it if you don't like it."?

Wow, dude please stop.

Exactly.

It comes down to is Nike really tryna have PR disaster because they wanna stick to their guns to release a shoe catered to a niche population? Nah ain’t really worth it.

Is the Betsy flag in itself racist? Absolutely not.

Can it be associated with a time in American history that’s not our brightest moment to say the least? To many yes.

And this is not the first time something like this has happened with Nike.

Anyone remember these?
bf945830558f7e3ca96e0be6c0ad2a94.jpg

Same thing happened with Air Bacons.

Last edited:
as a black man, i will def say that when i saw them i did ask myself, "why did they put that flag on'em". but it wasnt a big deal.

honestly, that flag stands for the same thing as the one we see today...either way, many people of color/immigrants are still going thru hell now, just as they were then. (not meaning to compare/contrast the 2)

Last edited:
as a black man, i will def say that when i saw them i did ask myself, "why did they put that flag on them". but it wasnt a big deal.

honestly, that flag stands for the same thing as the one we see today...either way, many people of color/immigrants are still going thru hell now, just as they were then. (not meaning to compare/contrast the 2)
We might be the same person lol :lol:

1st thought: “I’m surprised they let that rock”

2nd thought: “Them ****s fire”

I wasn't offended but it definitely raised an eyebrow.

oh lord, please no. Lol. I truly hope the cancellation for that release, if in fact true, is not due to the flag or whatever lashback Nike could get from people misunderstanding the flag or not knowing what the flag stands for. And In no way, shape, or form is this towards anybody in here. Let’s get that Crystal clear. But If anyone correlates the flag and automatically thinks racism, then there’s multiple layers to that cake, both individually and culturally. I mean, are you not gonna utilize cash because you could potentially carry the picture of one of our founding fathers in your wallet? That’s just as asinine as correlating the confederate flag to the colonial flag. Anyhow, an entire collection of air max 1 sz 11 may be going up for sale soon. Too old for this Nonsense. And if my opinion provokes or triggers anybody’s feelings or sensitivity levels, relax, It’s a shoe! $.02. Love y’all. One!

That's different. The Nazi symbol isn't up for interpretation in the public domain--it represents racism. A flag means many different things for people.

you know that if you rotate it 45 degrees, it's a hindu symbol. flip that and it's a buddhist symbol. they are in fact the OG swastikas and are an auspicious symbol. A flag is a symbol. All symbols symbolize something different to different people.

Alot of y'all getting wound up over a pretty reasonable observation/speculation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
FWIW, gbny.com has them available for "order" along with a countdown for launch. It will be interesting to see if places such as this and oneness will actually ship these as I imagine they have them in stock. How many of you are old enough to remember when Nike released the Air Bakin in 97 in their original form before they decided to recall and re-release after that firestorm?

FWIW, gbny.com has them available for "order" along with a countdown for launch. It will be interesting to see if places such as this and oneness will actually ship these as I imagine they have them in stock. How many of you are old enough to remember when Nike released the Air Bakin in 97 in their original form before they decided to recall and re-release after that firestorm?
I cant post it but I saw an email from a Nike rep to a boutique today that said all pairs have to be returned to Nike and for the store to take down all social media related to the shoe. I assume all stores got the same or similar email this afternoon.

Thanks for the info.

I cant post it but I saw an email from a Nike rep to a boutique today that said all pairs have to be returned to Nike and for the store to take down all social media related to the shoe. I assume all stores got the same or similar email this afternoon.

oh lord, please no. Lol. I truly hope the cancellation for that release, if in fact true, is not due to the flag or whatever lashback Nike could get from people misunderstanding the flag or not knowing what the flag stands for. And In no way, shape, or form is this towards anybody in here. Let’s get that Crystal clear. But If anyone correlates the flag and automatically thinks racism, then there’s multiple layers to that cake, both individually and culturally. I mean, are you not gonna utilize cash because you could potentially carry the picture of one of our founding fathers in your wallet? That’s just as asinine as correlating the confederate flag to the colonial flag. Anyhow, an entire collection of air max 1 sz 11 may be going up for sale soon. Too old for this Nonsense. And if my opinion provokes or triggers anybody’s feelings or sensitivity levels, relax, It’s a shoe! $.02. Love y’all. One!
I’ ll be your first buyer! Got in late and missed a lot of good releases :smile: Now I’m looking to catch up.

They are listed on Stock X

Of course they are listed now at $2000 in my size lol. Early on in the day though there was not 1 pair in multiple sizes listed...there was only a size 9 for $300. People who bought these early won big time smh...

Back
Top Bottom