THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Finally able to get my hands on a pr :D
20200226_210622.jpg
20200226_204307.jpg

Seems that way. Curious to see resale prices because these are such a premium AM1 and I would also love to see Nike put out a North American set as well. In the end I’m definitely going to try and purchase both.
I'm from the UK so I'm glad we actually have a premium pair coming our way as we've missed out on so many of the pairs you guys have had.

I just wish they did away with the region specific releases so we could all get what we want.

I'm from the UK so I'm glad we actually have a premium pair coming our way as we've missed out on so many of the pairs you guys have had.

I just wish they did away with the region specific releases so we could all get what we want.
Agreed and get rid of men’s or women’s only, just make them for everyone. Which US releases would you have copped?

I have some old air max 1 from 2012. I might try it out. I don’t own a steamer or the Fancy shoe trees though. Just got an iron

Edit: Damn man... I never really noticed the shape of older air max 1’s. Lol... they look weird

Reshaping is really easy, it takes 5-10 minutes. Don’t sike yourself out.

You don’t need a fancy steamer, I use a plain clothing iron.

If you don’t have shoe trees just stuff the toes with paper or a rag.

You don't need fancy shoe trees, some socks stuffed in the toebox firmly will do the job. Just make sure you constantly dampen the toebox and the t-shirt/vest/rag (better to use white so colour doesn't bleed) you'll place over the top when applying the iron (medium to low heat)

I have some white safari's that I haven't worn because they need doing.

yes socks are perfect for stuffed the toebox :smile:

yes beaters or old air max 1 are perfect to test the method :wink:

the first time me too I was not reassured, afraid of damaging the pair lol (but after that really happy with the result!)

ps: the iron, not too hot (medium is perfect)

Leebro Leebro jp7891 jp7891 FrenchSneakerAdd FrenchSneakerAdd thanks guys. By the way, do I need to wet the shoes? I’m worried about the suede bleeding into the white mesh. Also, once I reshape, will I have to keep doing this? Will the original shape bounce back?
Yes you need to wet both (shoe with a heavy amount from a spray bottle) then also heavily saturate the cloth being used. Try to make sure that the shoe or cloth is never completely dry just slightly damp after multiple runs over the shoe and repeat till you achieve the desired shape.

Some have found the shoe returns to the original shape but for me they have remained in reshaped condition. I would advise putting a shoe tree or stuffing after the reshape to maintain.

Last edited:
Just use a plain white tee shirt or towel and there won’t be any bleeding.

As for if the reshape holds, once I reshape a shoe I don’t touch them and keep the shoe trees stuffed inside for a week (I’ve took it to the extreme and kept them in there for a month just to make sure they hold)

The reshape always holds for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom