THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Lemonade 2020s...

Nike might as well throw 12 pairs in a pit and just make us fight for them.
1596124586159.gif

Yeah its not really new. But it feels really out of hand now compared to then. Seemed like it was mostly really hyped limited releases or collabs. Now its GRs in almost every brand getting eaten up. i guess stores being closed is a huge factor as well
Only select boutiques on one continent getting limited pairs isn’t a GR. What’s hyped is going to constantly change. The biggest thing that’s changed is the onset of StockX and Goat that give individual resellers and, more importantly, retailers more avenues to easily sell. Don’t underestimate how many pairs go straight from retail to StockX without a bot or reseller in the middle.

The whole idea of the so called “sneaker stock market” has gone too far :smh:. Shoes are literally looked at by a certain group of people (mostly young kids now sadly) as nothing more than a commodity to be resold and profited off of. Nevermind nostalgia. Nevermind history. These reseller bot people don’t even care about these shoes they are botting, they just see the money. For all the work they do it’s not like it’s a lot of money either. It’s a petty bloodsucking “business” to be in but social media makes them think sneaker reselling is the next “get rich” mill ticket. Us actual “Sneakerheads”/collectors (whatever you want to call us) who actually care about the shoe in some way or another and just want to *wear/collect them are being exploited. The culture of sneaker collecting in general is being exploited. Stockx and Goat pushes this agenda to stay in business. They are part of the problem if not the main component of the problem.

Bots are not new but it’s worse right now than it’s ever been because of botting influencers and wanna be “entrepreneurs” on YouTube and social media. It’s sickening to know these vultures are eating huge chunks of stock (like 100-200) pairs for one person/bot cook group sent to the same address in most cases which is unbelievable. The word “unfair” doesn’t even begin to describe the crime here. And Footlocker is f’n bold. They actually partnered with Goat and the bots right In our faces. The more shoes being sold on those platforms for higher resell the more money they both make. It’s no surprise you don’t hear a peep from FTL & Co about bots eating up all their stock and making it impossible for manual users. They’re in bed with the bots. This should all be illegal :smh:.

Last edited:
The footsite release system actually favors bots more than any other. And not even sophisticated bots. You can use the same basic page script I used to use to get basketball tickets in college.

They’re in bed with the bots. This should all be illegal :smh:.
It actually might be. Though it’s a congressional and Justice Department issue. We could all write to our local congresspeople but I’m guessing they have bigger anti-trust fish to fry. There has been movement to try to stop ticket scalpers though. Yet Ticketmaster and the NFL are still allowed to have their own resale markets.
We lost sight of well-regulated capitalism long ago.

We honestly just need someone to ship over a few pairs to China, and have them start making some replicas. 🤣

Nike, we want to buy your products, but you don't even give us a chance.... Especially in Canada, and Australia. If a release is taken off snkrs at the last minute, that's it. We get no restocks at all.

It actually might be. Though it’s a congressional and Justice Department issue. We could all write to our local congresspeople but I’m guessing they have bigger anti-trust fish to fry. There has been movement to try to stop ticket scalpers though. Yet Ticketmaster and the NFL are still allowed to have their own resale markets.
We lost sight of well-regulated capitalism long ago.
I’ve always said **** fell apart when ticket scalping was legalized because governments could collect a cut from the sales. Then ticketmaster got busted for selling their tickets through their own authorized secondary market. Yet I never heard of anything happening to them. Maybe a fine? But as long as money keeps coming in, no one cares about fans.

I talked about this before, maybe thinking about fighting bots like we have been isn't the answer. Instead give everyone a bot to level the playing field. Hear me out. Nike/Footlocker/Champs/FA/whoever makes a bot/ATC for their site you can download and they update. Only the code from the bot works on their site for releases, you have to have a verified card, phone, and address during sign up. That way multiple entries can be cancelled and banned.

Week of release you pick what shoe you're going for, pick the size, and the bot does its thing on release date and time. Maybe you get it and maybe you don't, but it feels like you got a fair shot. I would think those who use bots now would hate this, taking their advantage away.

I talked about this before, maybe thinking about fighting bots like we have been isn't the answer. Instead give everyone a bot to level the playing field. Hear me out. Nike/Footlocker/Champs/FA/whoever makes a bot/ATC for their site you can download and they update. Only the code from the bot works on their site for releases, you have to have a verified card, phone, and address during sign up. That way multiple entries can be cancelled and banned.

Week of release you pick what shoe you're going for, pick the size, and the bot does its thing on release date and time. Maybe you get it and maybe you don't, but it feels like you got a fair shot. I would think those who use bots now would hate this, taking their advantage away.
How is this any different from a raffle?

Back
Top Bottom