THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

green air units we saw on Lemons and Play Togethers. For me it looks like Nike just used the leftover mids from those 2 models.

Now that I look again, you might be correct. Looks to be more green than volt.

Also, it’s funny to think about the “creative process” that goes into a release like this. Seems like they whiteboard some ideas then mash them together into an incoherent mess. The people that come up with these ideas clearly don’t know the history of the shoes, or care to look it up.

20210313-d3.jpg

20210313-d4.jpg

Haha what Bespoke did they jack?

For staters, sole ruler (can't remember what his exactly tag is) did that embroidery on the toe box on many of his pairs. The mismatch swooshes, and the mismatch heel counter...bespoke. Also the tongue tag experimentation...bespoke.

Hey, maybe Nike has done this stuff before...but I feel like they are pirate'd ideas. Some good, some bad

For staters, sole ruler (can't remember what his exactly tag is) did that embroidery on the toe box on many of his pairs. The mismatch swooshes, and the mismatch heel counter...bespoke. Also the tongue tag experimentation...bespoke.

Hey, maybe Nike has done this stuff before...but I feel like they are pirate'd ideas. Some good, some bad

They've done all of that before bespoke was even a thing. Hard to say they jacked it considering every element is from og AMs. Maybe combining it all on one shoe, but nike created "What The" too so idk.

I like the shoes, in for 2 pair. I like when nike does stuff like this with AM1s. They've been too boring for too long.

They've done all of that before bespoke was even a thing. Hard to say they jacked it considering every element is from og AMs. Maybe combining it all on one shoe, but nike created "What The" too so idk.

I like the shoes, in for 2 pair. I like when nike does stuff like this with AM1s. They've been too boring for too long.
Nike has done the raw tongues, pre fabricated aging and slightly deconstructed looks before as well. Then off white makes it take off, now more regular releases contain those elements. So, yep

(Not to compare Virgil with random bespokers.)

Just saying that most ideas are borrowed from somewhere.

It's not only the particular features, it's how their executed as well.

Bespoke consultants had weekly meetings with nsw discussing what folks did with their pairs. Not surprised to see an influence at all.

Last edited:
Nike has done the raw tongues, pre fabricated aging and slightly deconstructed looks before as well. Then off white makes it take off, now more regular releases contain those elements. So, yep

It's not only the particular features, it's how their executed as well.

Bespoke consultants had weekly meetings with nsw discussing what folks did with their pairs. Not surprised to see an influence at all.

I mean, when you create a shoe, using aspects of classic Air Maxes, there are going to be similarities.

There's not much wiggle room if that's the shoe you're trying to make.

Back
Top Bottom