THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

having been in to this scene for many years now it's hard to get in to head space of younger generation.. they probably like all these wild designs etc.. like these TS collabs etc are aimed at much younger audience than us grumpy old purists lol, tbh I'm glad I don't like all this new stuff, am meant to be slowing down on copping, just give us big bubble OGs?? not sure what else I want now ha

Last few AM1 related wears.
DE6884A1-F26E-4E1B-ACD8-686AB312B143.jpeg
CBA98146-7B4B-42C5-9947-98DEB94AC515.jpeg

DFC98937-B454-4A3D-9F00-8215B165700C.jpeg

So are Air Max 1s going the route of the dunk? Going to be impossible to get GRs and taken off Nike ID?

May need to make a few IDs if that’s the case. I made one and I thought it came out really well.

Wavy mud, clear plastic toe, reverse swoosh, EOIs with all that forced elements, wipe away uppers...
Too many clown shoes dropped!

Well, I really miss the GR days!

I like cw concepts, but most of the AM1 post 2019 seem forced. There were good amount of quality GRs from 2017-18 span.

The OG cw-blocked Magma Oranges and Evergreens and Euros (AMS and LDNs) were the standouts post 2019.

I actually scooped up a few “older” cws from the 2017-18 era recently. One of the last cws that I want from that era is the Dark Stucco/Yellow cw, but they’re almost $200.

IIRC he was a dunk fan and collector during the original SB run. I think he even used to skate, but I'm not sure. It was brought up in the dunk thread a long time ago.
No ****? That's cool. I know nothing about him so I assumed he was just a celebrity being paid to wear them.

No ****? That's cool. I know nothing about him so I assumed he was just a celebrity being paid to wear them.

Yeah I don't pretend to be a a huge fan or knowledgable about his past, I just remember it being brought up in the SB thread. I think when he first started getting big and getting shoe deals his first shoe was an AF1, and everyone was saying it was only a matter of time since he always wore dunks.

Now AM1s..... Everything he touches blows up so that's just him or Nike spreading the hype.

Yeah I don't pretend to be a a huge fan or knowledgable about his past, I just remember it being brought up in the SB thread. I think when he first started getting big and getting shoe deals his first shoe was an AF1, and everyone was saying it was only a matter of time since he always wore dunks.

Now AM1s..... Everything he touches blows up so that's just him or Nike spreading the hype.

I would not mind making a shiny penny from a TS fanboi willing to overpay 3X on some of my AMs collecting dust.

Already saw some of his younger fans calling the model garbage but we all know the hypebeasts can’t resist. Most of his collabs have been unobtainable but we are talking AJ1, AJ4, AJ6, AF1, and an SB Dunk. All shoes that are pretty popular. His AJ33 and Air Max 270 have a high price tag now but his name didn’t do anything for the GRs in those models.

My point is we might be screwed OR they hype could be contained to his 5 pairs. I’m still grabbing a couple I’ve been waiting on in case the worst happens.

Already saw some of his younger fans calling the model garbage but we all know the hypebeasts can’t resist. Most of his collabs have been unobtainable but we are talking AJ1, AJ4, AJ6, AF1, and an SB Dunk. All shoes that are pretty popular. His AJ33 and Air Max 270 have a high price tag now but his name didn’t do anything for the GRs in those models.

My point is we might be screwed OR they hype could be contained to his 5 pairs. I’m still grabbing a couple I’ve been waiting on in case the worst happens.

I think (I'm no expert with this celebrity stuff - I don't even know what Travis Scott is famous for, really) what is different with dunks than other models he has been associated with, is that besides his own model, he actually rocked (maybe still is) a lot of other dunks. So did his girlfriend (a Kardashian?). I remember something about her wearing the MF Dooms. So for the AM1 market to make a similar connection with his fanbase I believe he (and others around him) need to start sporting AM1s frequently. Remember when Kanye was wearing various AM1s 10-15 years ago? That certainly spiked some interest in AM1s. However, the power of social media + the general interest in sneakers today is at a completely different level. So, it will interesting to see what happens.

My order for obsidians from Sneaker Politics got canceled. Knew it was too good to be true. Hopefully somewhere else restocks in size 13.

That sucks. I just noticed they removed both the obsidians and martians from their site even though were still a bunch of sizes available earlier today. Doesn't give me much confidence that my order will be shipped. Still not canceled though.

I think (I'm no expert with this celebrity stuff - I don't even know what Travis Scott is famous for, really) what is different with dunks than other models he has been associated with, is that besides his own model, he actually rocked (maybe still is) a lot of other dunks. So did his girlfriend (a Kardashian?). I remember something about her wearing the MF Dooms. So for the AM1 market to make a similar connection with his fanbase I believe he (and others around him) need to start sporting AM1s frequently. Remember when Kanye was wearing various AM1s 10-15 years ago? That certainly spiked some interest in AM1s. However, the power of social media + the general interest in sneakers today is at a completely different level. So, it will interesting to see what happens.

1618429570862.gif

But all jokes aside

birds in the trap sing McKnight
Rodeo
AstroWorld
Jackboys

just to name a few of his albums.

Birds in the trap was when I first listened to him, some of his older songs are pretty good too

Honestly, I'm all for the Travis Scott releases. But not because I am really looking to cop any of them...

Nike is a predictable, bonehead company that will follow the success of the ts am1 releases with a bunch of other colorways in order to try and capitalize.

I welcome the aftermath of the ts releases in the form of other GRs.

Imo

Back
Top Bottom