THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Should have pulled the trigger when resale was like $100 over retail. Was too mad about the 15 times I couldn’t get for retail cause Size app was trash and waited for prices to come down.

I copped one from Size? on release day then another two off ebay for decent resale price (like 180GBP iirc) beat 1st pair and flipped on ebay for pretty much what I originally paid and still got the other two DS. Same thing will happen with city pack imo.. those Amsterdams will rocket.

so 5 TS and 5 possible Patta collabs in same year.. gonna be fun in here come fall. Even though It's annoying to have favourite silo hyped up so much.. might get a few decent GRs etc off the back of it, same as with dunks. If anyone is on fence about copping LNDN city / AMS do it now! Best '87s of last year imo..
IMG_0219.JPG
I currently only have 8 (eight!!!) pairs of what I refer to as "top shelf" kicks, (not counting 3 or 4 pairs of beaters and yard workers). I get a joint and it lasts me for years and years. I rarely get "top shelf" joints, so when I strike, it matters, and I mean it matters to ME. I usually don't even know nor care what the hype is on. When I do see what the hype is about, I'm usually like, "Huh???" I have a golden eye for kicks, and most of everything I have ever liked or copped since the late 80's, (oh yeah, I'm old, too), has gone on to become considered a classic on up to a revered grail. And again, I copped it off the strength of my own eye/likes.

All of the above is the only way I can justify pulling the trigger on those Londons. The second I laid eyes on those... boy. It was instant. I know I'll have them until the sole crumbles, they'll stay in like new condition, I only really rock "top shelf" joints to the BBQ-type events and on vacation, and I'm too old for any foolishness. That last part is the hold up. $550- $600 in size 12 really is foolishness for some kicks. (BTW, I was late to discovering them, so I never got the chance to cop at retail). The only good thing about that price is that is what is "holding" them for me. No one will pay that, so they are available.

Meanwhile, the resole of my OG 1994 Air Max2 continues.

Interesting to see the TS 1s get posted on a local Australian sneaker FB page and most people saying they are **** and theyre all gonna pass on them. Sure sure....

I totally understand and would never blame anyone for cashing in. Honestly though, I can't help but hope values of AM1s doesn't go up drastically. Things are already way out of control in general, in my opinion. We'll see, I guess.

they 100% will go way up because of this guy and these ugly *** collabs

Back
Top Bottom