THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

My pair just came in, whoever said that the leather was trash has no idea about quality leather……🤣🤣🤣. You can literally smell the quality on these🔥🔥

5D742CA6-C1B3-45A1-913B-49AE652F3AE8.jpeg
D75698FD-C36E-4863-AB5A-5E72215FB7CD.jpeg
5610C6B9-A6D8-4BE7-AE7B-DCE003184ED9.jpeg
Sorry, I still maintain that the leather looks trash and will continue to think the same if my pair looks like that. Quality leather is generally smooth, not tumbled. It can be soft or stiff. When it comes to sneakers, my pairs with the best leather are Common Projects, Margiela GATS, Feit Handsewn Lows, and Slimane-era SL/10hs. There’s a massive difference between those and any Jordan 1, IMO. They’re not the most amazing leather ever, but they’re good. (Of the AJ1s I own, the pair with the best leather are the Obsidians, and the worst are the University Blues.) These AM1s are trash in terms of the leather quality, and the photos make me wish I had chosen mesh instead of leather for the toe box.

Sorry, I still maintain that the leather looks trash and will continue to think the same if my pair looks like that. Quality leather is generally smooth, not tumbled. It can be soft or stiff. When it comes to sneakers, my pairs with the best leather are Common Projects, Margiela GATS, Feit Handsewn Lows, and Slimane-era SL/10hs. There’s a massive difference between those and any Jordan 1, IMO. They’re not the most amazing leather ever, but they’re good. (Of the AJ1s I own, the pair with the best leather are the Obsidians, and the worst are the University Blues.) These AM1s are trash in terms of the leather quality, and the photos make me wish I had chosen mesh instead of leather for the toe box.
no one cares!

https://www.styleforum.net/ here you go dude just hang out there instead

You got all that knowledge about leather quality taking up space in your brain, out here shouting designer brands, yet you still went on nike ID and thought "hmm yeah I'm gonna go with the leather" :lol:

1651511620531.png

My pair just came in, whoever said that the leather was trash has no idea about quality leather……🤣🤣🤣. You can literally smell the quality on these🔥🔥

5D742CA6-C1B3-45A1-913B-49AE652F3AE8.jpeg
D75698FD-C36E-4863-AB5A-5E72215FB7CD.jpeg
5610C6B9-A6D8-4BE7-AE7B-DCE003184ED9.jpeg
Im no sneaker afficionado or leather/pleather expert, but that looks good to moi.

Tumbled factor reminds me of the quality they used on the
Recent bacon 90s.

Muy bien, guays.

https://www.styleforum.net/ here you go dude just hang out there instead

You got all that knowledge about leather quality taking up space in your brain, out here shouting designer brands, yet you still went on nike ID and thought "hmm yeah I'm gonna go with the leather" :lol:
Not all of Nike’s leather looks terrible. With that said, the last time I got something decent from a NikeID order was a pair of Dunks in 2017. I chose leather for these AM1s because the Atmos Elephants remain a grail for me, and I wanted to mimic them.

And I do spend time on StyleForum, though I’m aiming to get off forums, generally, this year.

Just for the sake of argument……….both have tumbled leather, the Banned 1 have the best leather I have ever gotten from Nike to date, last time I saw that quality was before 2005, second is the wife’s Kate spade purse, once again tumbled leather, soft and great quality so your argument that tumbled leather is trash don’t hold no weight at all ijs…..
Also stiff leather does not constitute good leather, point look at all the dunks Nike been pumping out, they smooth leather and stiff, does that make them “quality” by your definition?
BF4F4B53-291B-4C0C-8FC0-B176A9197A60.jpeg
7A7D3C67-AD82-422D-8930-2A307B55E658.jpeg

Just for the sake of argument……….both have tumbled leather, the Banned 1 have the best leather I have ever gotten from Nike to date, last time I saw that quality was before 2005, second is the wife’s Kate spade purse, once again tumbled leather, soft and great quality so your argument that tumbled leather is trash don’t hold no weight at all ijs…..
Also stiff leather does not constitute good leather, point look at all the dunks Nike been pumping out, they smooth leather and stiff, does that make them “quality” by your definition?
BF4F4B53-291B-4C0C-8FC0-B176A9197A60.jpeg
7A7D3C67-AD82-422D-8930-2A307B55E658.jpeg
As I said in my post, good quality leather can be super soft or it can be stiff AF. Those Banned 1s do look pretty good, IMO. The bag, IDK. I’ve handled some Kate Spade items, and I have a handful of leather goods from their old men’s line, Jack Spade, from before it was purchased by Liz Claiborne and Andy and Kate exited the business. They’re mostly OK—not amazing and not terrible, either, sort of like Coach.

Wouldn’t have these without y’all NT :nthat:. Shout out to the dudes who used to post fire pics of these & whoever posted these going on sale on ndc:nthat:.

ABA0650D-4913-4306-A02E-16450E6B91B1.jpeg
But how's the quality of the houndstooth?!?!

Last few pages giving me classic post-SBB AJ1 Thread feels :lol:

I should of picked turquoise laces. Does anyone know the exact name of that color option so I can order a pair know

Back
Top Bottom