THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Your version of downsizing is to take two pairs of shoes and combining them into one pair.

F57A18E9-46FB-4B1F-8CD3-8F8E5B150329.gif

Centre code is SORRY50. I think you’d need to use the same email as the one used for the past Black Friday purchase to make it applicable.

I think I’m switching up the donor AM1s for my Frankenstein pack to the Honeydews. The Honeydew sole flows a lot better than what I had originally planned. That would mean that I’d need triples; one stock, and the other as donors. SMH.

lemme jump in this sneaker therapy session:

This is totally me. I'm in the 300+ range and have tons of "heat", but it's always the same pairs im reaching for.

Rain sneakers: jordan 11 gammas, onyx RF yeezy 380s

Work: Navy blue Nike daybreaks, might throw in some waverunners

Theres something peaceful and zen like in just grabbing a pair of sneakers and going on with you day not worrying about value, weather conditions, or not wanting to mess them up. It also doesnt help that sneakers have turned into a quasi asset class so there's the incentive to keep things DS.

I rock some "razzle dazzle" pairs to work from time to time which always stirs up conversation, but I'm not making a dent in unDSing the rest of the stash. My storage unit is busting at the seams and my guest room has become a supplemental unit... It's crazy and sometimes i even forget what I have lol.. plus I got other things I'm into (I'm looking at you Polo) and it just becomes alot after a while.

But like some people have said before, boredom, discretionary income, and the love of sneakers are a recipe for the perfect storm. Now I got DS kicks that I know are probably gonna crumble like coffee cake if I attempt to put them on and trying to find certain pairs when you need them to complete that special fit becomes a nightmare.

Long story short, work on your willpower, practice semen retention and stay the F away from NT and social media if you want to survive cause the moment you buy a few pairs, you'll be plotting on storage rentals in no time

Heed the warning, be safe beloveds
I agree....every word

lemme jump in this sneaker therapy session:

This is totally me. I'm in the 300+ range and have tons of "heat", but it's always the same pairs im reaching for.

Rain sneakers: jordan 11 gammas, onyx RF yeezy 380s

Work: Navy blue Nike daybreaks, might throw in some waverunners

Theres something peaceful and zen like in just grabbing a pair of sneakers and going on with you day not worrying about value, weather conditions, or not wanting to mess them up. It also doesnt help that sneakers have turned into a quasi asset class so there's the incentive to keep things DS.

I rock some "razzle dazzle" pairs to work from time to time which always stirs up conversation, but I'm not making a dent in unDSing the rest of the stash. My storage unit is busting at the seams and my guest room has become a supplemental unit... It's crazy and sometimes i even forget what I have lol.. plus I got other things I'm into (I'm looking at you Polo) and it just becomes alot after a while.

But like some people have said before, boredom, discretionary income, and the love of sneakers are a recipe for the perfect storm. Now I got DS kicks that I know are probably gonna crumble like coffee cake if I attempt to put them on and trying to find certain pairs when you need them to complete that special fit becomes a nightmare.

Long story short, work on your willpower, practice semen retention and stay the F away from NT and social media if you want to survive cause the moment you buy a few pairs, you'll be plotting on storage rentals in no time

Heed the warning, be safe beloveds
There's always a deal to be had, whether it's eBay or a website unloading or a fellow NT'er, just need will power

Got a little Christmas luck today. Went to the Watts outlet store to shop for the kids with the wifey. Per usual I had to stroll the rack to see if I find anything other than Lebrons and Monarch’s.

Came across Pecan’s in a size 11 (I’m a 11.5 tts) at retail..with the 30% off + 15% first time Nike app user (courtesy of wifey) I picked them up for $95 and some change. 👍🏼
Any other pairs? I live down the street

Nice grown up conversation in here. Question though, are you guys selling the majority of your collection because of financial reasons? I’ve been collecting sneakers since 2001 and I have about 250 pairs and I STRUGGLE to wear 1/8th of my collection. The majority of my collection is AF1s, air max 1s, then AJ1s and Dunks. I hardly where any of my “high price/value sneakers”. I been through the phase of selling half my collection only to rebuy and start up my collecting again. I’m 37, married, wife is pregnant, own my home (4/2.5, w/pool), well traveled, office job (business casual) but I still love buying shoes even if they just sit in the box in my sneaker room. Do I have a problem :ohwell:
Honestly I think half the problem for most of us is the thrill of the hunt.

Of course we all love the shoes…we’re sneakerheads…that’s a given.

But the joy of getting a new pair is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Over the last 3 years or so I’ve returned or sold as many pairs as I’ve bought, because I didn’t really need, and certainly didn’t love, most of the shoes. What I needed was the adrenaline rush of buying them. Right now I’ve got ten pairs that I’m going to try to unload on eBay after the new year. The new eBay tax situation is making that more complicated.

My goal in 2023 is to only buy shoes that I absolutely love and can still see myself wearing in ten years.

…unfortunately those are the shoes that I almost always take Ls on.

Got a little Christmas luck today. Went to the Watts outlet store to shop for the kids with the wifey. Per usual I had to stroll the rack to see if I find anything other than Lebrons and Monarch’s.

Came across Pecan’s in a size 11 (I’m a 11.5 tts) at retail..with the 30% off + 15% first time Nike app user (courtesy of wifey) I picked them up for $95 and some change. 👍🏼
So you went down a half size and they fit okay?

…not too small?

Right now I’ve got ten pairs that I’m going to try to unload on eBay after the new year. The new eBay tax situation is making that more complicated.

And this is why I havent sold ish for the whole year. That $600 tax reporting threshold is BS and I dont have time to be posting on FB marketplace and doing meetups for zelle/cash transactions.

That's a whole 'nother topic though

And this is why I havent sold ish for the whole year. That $600 tax reporting threshold is BS and I dont have time to be posting on FB marketplace and doing meetups for zelle/cash transactions.

That's a whole 'nother topic though
I don’t know how I’m going to document what I paid for shoes and what I sold them for. I looked on eBay and they don’t even have a record of my sales going back further than 90 days. Even if they did, I’m not sure whether that would be applicable to a 1099 form.

…maybe I can use my PayPal transaction history?

:wow:

I seen the update yesterday from the IRS saying they were gonna postpone it till next year, but if the threshold is really back to the old $20,000 mark...

naAONRR.gif

I'm bout to flood the block
So wait…does that mean if I don’t want to pay taxes on my shoe sales I have to sell them THIS year?

I been sitting on 10 boxes for the last three months!

…what in the haillll?!

Man, all these talks of downsizing making me depressed lol.
I have 350+ pairs from way back in ‘99 (first bred4 retro). Question is, how do you sell shoes that are non-DS? Most of my pairs only have 5-7 wears
Unfortunately you either have to slow roll it to get fair value, or say f it and let go... Get what comes in return... My used pairs go thru eBay.

Last edited:
Nice grown up conversation in here. Question though, are you guys selling the majority of your collection because of financial reasons? I’ve been collecting sneakers since 2001 and I have about 250 pairs and I STRUGGLE to wear 1/8th of my collection. The majority of my collection is AF1s, air max 1s, then AJ1s and Dunks. I hardly where any of my “high price/value sneakers”. I been through the phase of selling half my collection only to rebuy and start up my collecting again. I’m 37, married, wife is pregnant, own my home (4/2.5, w/pool), well traveled, office job (business casual) but I still love buying shoes even if they just sit in the box in my sneaker room. Do I have a problem :ohwell:
Money isn't the issue for me. Space is though. As well as just realizing that I have tons of pairs that I'll just never wear.

Moving fwd, I'll just hold on to the sentimental pairs, ogs, and wearable pairs. Everything else is gone.

Says above it will be 20k which sounds way more realistic to me. But it’s still dumb it’s not just the profit that counts but the whole sale.

Says above it will be 20k which sounds way more realistic to me. But it’s still dumb it’s not just the profit that counts but the whole sale.
Wrong. You only pay taxes on profit and still you can deduct a bunch of **** like shipping, eBay fees, any discord you’re on, tape, boxes, internet, cell, etc.

Y’all keep playing

But you subtract what you paid initially on the form so it really is just the profit that you are taxed on. This isn’t aimed at a lot of us who’ve sold a handful of pairs, it’s for the mighty resellers. My $500 profit this year won’t move me up a tax bracket.

Edit: Think I misunderstood what you meant. You mean the whole sale amount counts towards the $600 triggering the 1099k being issued. Either way, in good old IL, the 1099k threshold is $1,000 so my form is on its way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom