THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

“Even though the delay means that people during the 2023 tax season will only get tax forms if they meet the earlier guidelines of receiving more than $20,000 in payments and making more than 200 transactions in a year, anyone who makes a profit from any sort of income is legally required to pay tax on that money.

That means even if people don't receive a tax form, they are still required to report the income and pay tax on it.”

…I’m confused.

Like a screenshot?

…not even sure how you would establish that it’s your account.
I save all emails of sales on ebay and sneaker purchases from any retailer. Light OCD pays off finally. Deposit records show it as well from eBay and Paypal etc for sites like Goat.

What is tough is selling things on eBay that you’ve owned for a long time and have no proof of what you paid.

“Even though the delay means that people during the 2023 tax season will only get tax forms if they meet the earlier guidelines of receiving more than $20,000 in payments and making more than 200 transactions in a year, anyone who makes a profit from any sort of income is legally required to pay tax on that money.

That means even if people don't receive a tax form, they are still required to report the income and pay tax on it.”

…I’m confused.
It’s confusing because you are supposed to report any and all income but then amount thresholds are applied. The amounts vary by states who have enacted 1099K laws as well.

Happy Holidays. Honeydews came in on Friday. They fit tts like my other AM1s. I wish all the other shoes I like were this simple to get off the SNKRS app. I hope they do a Veneer version because I like purple.

Air_Max_1_Honeydew1.jpg

Air_Max_1_Honeydew3.jpg

Platforms like PayPal had an agreement to make that threshold….but you were still “supposed” to report it because it’s all income. You can get away with it being a hobby but at some point the math ain’t mathin and that’s why people get in trouble.

Happy Holidays. Honeydews came in on Friday. They fit tts like my other AM1s. I wish all the other shoes I like were this simple to get off the SNKRS app. I hope they do a Veneer version because I like purple.

Air_Max_1_Honeydew1.jpg

Air_Max_1_Honeydew3.jpg
These look fantastic in those pix.

Then I see other pix where the colors don’t look nearly as vibrant.

…hard to know what you’re getting until you see them in person.

Yeah that sudden IRS announcement all the way this late was a blessing yet jacked up at the same time. I already accepted the fact when I sold something for well over $600 in early January though. :lol: I think there still needs to be better and/or more direct info on how to provide receipts not just to eBay but to other platforms where things are sold as goods/purchases.

On the downsize/limitations talk - yeah I thought it was just me, but the thrill of the chase/hunt is often more satisfying than the actual acquisition itself. I feel like ultimately, there is really no other way than to change or significantly limit the environment of sneakers. Because really... it's like having recovering alcoholics hang out at a bar environment almost all the time. Change the environment, and that leads to less exposure, and less exposure leads to less impulsiveness. I learned and realized that willpower can only hold up for so long, but an environment is always four walls, and that is going to eventually get us to cave.

Also agree with kingsin kingsin and etik1218 etik1218 - when you have your "front door" pairs of shoes sitting there because that's your go-to, it really puts into perspective what shoes matter most to you that helps/compliments your quality of life.

By the way, I apologize if this conversation is not what some viewers want to see and read. Is there a thread like this anywhere? If not, I'd be down to make one where we can provide resources and ways/methods for those interested in this type of thing.

Last edited:
Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 im on the same boat as you. Storage > Money . You’re right, i really dont care how much they sell st this point; just need space. I plan on posting several on goat tomorrow per advice from the good peeps here. Next i’ll try ebay. I dont even mind letting some go for $40-50 just to free up space
Exactly. Get fair market value for the ones you know will get that price fast.

Ultra boost, Flyknit racers, foolio pairs you should've never bought in the first place and extreme beaters, just get what you can.

You'd be surprised how much you'll get in return when you sell 20 pairs of kicks you never would miss anyway.

At least enough to fund that special 1 or 2 pairs you have your eye on now.

Shiet yall got me motivated! I spent the weekend inventorying what i can sell. What a mess. This is how one side of my garage looks like and another storage shed to look into smh
Question re: Ebay: how can i sell shoes if the box is severely damaged or missing? Just ship in a UPS plastic bag? And charge the buyer shipping?

Attachments

• AC5E4CA0-4717-4D9D-BE62-F53A47D5ADF6.jpeg
    AC5E4CA0-4717-4D9D-BE62-F53A47D5ADF6.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 388
Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 im on the same boat as you. Storage > Money . You’re right, i really dont care how much they sell st this point; just need space. I plan on posting several on goat tomorrow per advice from the good peeps here. Next i’ll try ebay. I dont even mind letting some go for $40-50 just to free up space
You got any size 11.5’s just let me know fam 😂

Happy holidays, everyone!

Dhizzle Dhizzle - on eBay, you can list the condition with the box not being available or damaged. You can also just wrap the shoes in something like those white gift-wrapping paper or provide a replacement box. I think with eBay's new incentives for the Authenticity Guarantee program, they offer a shipping label to you for free but charge $14.95 to the buyer if the shoes/listing is eligible.

That's one hell of a collection though, damn!

Happy holidays, everyone!

Dhizzle Dhizzle - on eBay, you can list the condition with the box not being available or damaged. You can also just wrap the shoes in something like those white gift-wrapping paper or provide a replacement box. I think with eBay's new incentives for the Authenticity Guarantee program, they offer a shipping label to you for free but charge $14.95 to the buyer if the shoes/listing is eligible.

That's one hell of a collection though, damn!
Sheeiit...All I see is boxes on boxes lol

Platforms like PayPal had an agreement to make that threshold….but you were still “supposed” to report it because it’s all income. You can get away with it being a hobby but at some point the math ain’t mathin and that’s why people get in trouble.
But Paypal didn’t start sending 1099k forms until last year even though they were supposed to. If it didn’t get reported, you could avoid claiming it and no one would know. I was naive when I used to make extra money doing freelance design work. Maybe a couple of thousand 2 different years but if the company didn’t report it, I never received a form so I thought nothing of reporting. I play it safe now and keep track for when my 1099 shows up.

Shiet yall got me motivated! I spent the weekend inventorying what i can sell. What a mess. This is how one side of my garage looks like and another storage shed to look into smh
Question re: Ebay: how can i sell shoes if the box is severely damaged or missing? Just ship in a UPS plastic bag? And charge the buyer shipping?
Always double box, meaning put the shoes/shoebox in a different box with bubble wrap or tissue so it doesn't shift a ton and then ship. Like you get when you get them from Nike or a boutique. If you don't have the box, use a replacement box, like a Nike ID box or an old box from a pair of beaters that you don't need anymore. Never ever just toss them in a bag. I'd be HOT if someone shipped to me like that.

Back
Top Bottom