THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

B3E9C66D-67DF-4311-9E63-45E8DBFBE405.jpeg

Good old days! Just washing my eyes lol

Big bubble reveal. Nice box. Not sure about the laces and shape.

E0C8F9CC-1C3C-45F8-A261-87D06727C907.gif

Yikes! Sure you have the big bubble, but that mudguard looks like it’s from the “dark age” era. I know it resembles the Original, but the 2017/2022 mold/shape/upper looks so much better to me.

It’s funny because the slim/sleeker “remastered” AM90 looked better than the thick mudguarded mold, while the AM1 looks better with the thick mudguard as opposed to this big bubble upper.

E0C8F9CC-1C3C-45F8-A261-87D06727C907.gif

Yikes! Sure you have the big bubble, but that mudguard looks like it’s from the “dark age” era. I know it resembles the Original, but the 2017/2022 mold/shape/upper looks so much better to me.

It’s funny because the slim/sleeker “remastered” AM90 looked better than the thick mudguarded mold, while the AM1 looks better with the thick mudguard as opposed to this big bubble upper.
All the better for me....saves me money :rofl:

We need pictures.

I'm in the minority and am still in for a pair (if it's actually comfortable and I can feel the Air unit). For now, I will say the box is a big miss. Should've been the original red box like the Air Max 3 and Huarache retros.

Last edited:
Id only be upset at those if I didn’t have 2017s in great shape 🤣. Time will tell on them, but look off in that clip.

Echoing what blacklion23 blacklion23 and Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 said. When I was watching the video unveil, I was like "it really used to be like that?" and I looked at some images and searched for videos of original commercials for them and I'm not gonna lie, the 2023 retro looks about right (at least in my eyes). It's also interesting seeing huge disparities with the mudguard though. Maybe my opinions come with a grain of salt as I also don't know much about what seems to be the different versions back in 1986-1987.

1676644847505.png

Man…. The materials Nike is using are worse and worse. The panels look to be cut from an old milk jug.

AND, these look nothing like the pair that was teased way back, which I was excited about.

I’ll reserve final judgement though until we get a better “official” look.

I mean... Hey... That's how the OG looked so...yep

Huge fan? Nah

Copping? Yep
This is where I am. The 2017 was based on the Urawa/2005 era shape and I think we all prefer it over the og 86/87 shape these were modeled after. I wish they'd left the upper alone and just slapped a bigger bubble on it. Am1 is one of the only shoes that got better after the og and peaked in that 2005 era. They've been chasing it since then.

I’d scoop up a Big Bubble model if it has a Grey outsole / white midsole and air unit cw releases. Hopefully, it retains the same sole line as the current models.

I’d rather have the current mold as the donor though! Lol

Back
Top Bottom