THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

All my vintage sneaks have died this last month. Something about the last years weather got to them. I had the nack of getting them to not crumble or pop mostly up to now. Alas, no longer…
889CDE3C-209A-4664-BC62-5FB118D3F4D4.jpeg

I got a random question for you guys. Seeing that you guys are most enthused about the OG/retro Air Maxes like the AM1s, 90s, 180s, Lights, 95s, 97s and so on - are you guys fans of any of the newer modern models? Maybe starting from the VaporMax and onwards (2017), so like the VMs itself, AM270s, Pre-Days, 2090s, etc.?
almost all the non retro air max shoes are basically garbage, the only one ik can tolerate a little bit is the AM270 the rest are just ugly as fuh

I got a random question for you guys. Seeing that you guys are most enthused about the OG/retro Air Maxes like the AM1s, 90s, 180s, Lights, 95s, 97s and so on - are you guys fans of any of the newer modern models? Maybe starting from the VaporMax and onwards (2017), so like the VMs itself, AM270s, Pre-Days, 2090s, etc.?

Haven’t cared for a “modern” air max since the 2003 and 2006 (360). Yeah, I realize my definition of modern might differ from a lot of the younger heads on here.

There have been some solid hybrid/updated retro models though. AM1 flyknit and Air Max Lunar1 come to mind. AM1 Lunar1 is still the most comfortable AM1 variant release ever imo. Wish I doubled on those.

What is the expected shelf life on an air max 1 with wear?

I grew up a Jordan and AF1 guy. I don't think I've ever owned an AM1 for 10 years at this point.

What should I be keeping an eye out for?

What is the expected shelf life on an air max 1 with wear?

I grew up a Jordan and AF1 guy. I don't think I've ever owned an AM1 for 10 years at this point.

What should I be keeping an eye out for?
Depends on where you live and how they are stored but I have a lot of pairs from 2003-2005 and only 2 have crumbled. I think baseline is 15 years but many go 20+ years.

Depends on where you live and how they are stored but I have a lot of pairs from 2003-2005 and only 2 have crumbled. I think baseline is 15 years but many go 20+ years.
Oh yeah. That's solid. I can wear everything I have now until I'm 50 or so. That seems like a good spot to hang it up.

Back
Top Bottom