THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Ive always been a small collector but once I had the means to go nuts in 2014, I took it do an unhealthy level. I had my first kid in 2019 and it hit me how hard I was working to chase the sneaker dragon. In 2020 I sold around 1k pairs to a single buyer (college tuition covered) and kept about 500 of my favorites that I knew I’d wear. Now I buy only a few a year but only if they have meaning to me - it’s much more satisfying.
Wait one person bought almost 1,000 pairs of kicks.... you had almost 1,000 kicks

Hit pretty quickly on a 12W on SNKRS this AM, took an L on the men's 10.5. Surprised the hit % was as low as it was today. Seems a bunch of people doubled-up while quite few struck out entirely.

If I'm not thrilled with the my 12Ws when they show up I'll oop 'em here to one of the cats who went 0-for.

768E0F57-C570-4EB8-8038-1BEDED7401AC.jpeg

My son admiring the big bubbles 😂

53601BF5-FA3D-4D76-A425-69B05C11AC57.jpeg

Decided to take a group photo of my current collection. I Just want the white Pattas and I’m done for awhile. Spent way too much over the last two years.

Gotta love a corporation making up a “holiday” and giving their customers absolutely nothing other than L’s and wasted time on said holiday.

It really sums up the Nike experience. Most holidays are a celebration with gifts, but not this one. This is the holiday where you celebrate how thankful you are for your bi-annual win and daily devotion to being a loser Stan for a Chinese sweatshop company.

915B2FEB-E740-4E80-A7BE-09FDD4356B2A.gif

Ain’t no damnbody tryna hear this on Air Max Day, have a good one go cry in the car.

Today I gotta go with the pair that sparked my love for the Air Max 1. The 2007 “Purple Pack”. This specific pair pictured, has been on every continent besides Antarctica, worn while painting hundreds of murals, and opened up a lot of opportunities for me to apply my non footwear related aesthetics to sneakers. Fast forward 8 years later and the soles were finally toast, so I tossed them in the trash as I was leaving Germany. Before I could enter the elevator, a voice in my head said go back and get them. Im happy I did. When I got home I was curious if I could re-sole them? At this point I didn’t know sole swaps existed. So I started to tinker around and made these. They were for sure not perfect, but I wouldn’t trade these or the knowledge I gained for anything. Currently going on my 5th pair and one DS on ice.
The Purple Pack might just be my fav am1 of all time.
Happy Air Max Day

Attachments

• 3DC4CCE2-72C0-4BC0-AB97-86E320A93755.jpeg
    3DC4CCE2-72C0-4BC0-AB97-86E320A93755.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 797
  • 7ACA2001-55CA-4AAA-9111-624627F73041.jpeg
    7ACA2001-55CA-4AAA-9111-624627F73041.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 815

for Those who have men size 8 or smaller…..

Today I gotta go with the pair that sparked my love for the Air Max 1. The 2007 “Purple Pack”. This specific pair pictured, has been on every continent besides Antarctica, worn while painting hundreds of murals, and opened up a lot of opportunities for me to apply my non footwear related aesthetics to sneakers. Fast forward 8 years later and the soles were finally toast, so I tossed them in the trash as I was leaving Germany. Before I could enter the elevator, a voice in my head said go back and get them. Im happy I did. When I got home I was curious if I could re-sole them? At this point I didn’t know sole swaps existed. So I started to tinker around and made these. They were for sure not perfect, but I wouldn’t trade these or the knowledge I gained for anything. Currently going on my 5th pair and one DS on ice.
The Purple Pack might just be my fav am1 of all time.
Happy Air Max Day
Thanks for sharing your story, love how these have ages and morphed.

Reactions: YLS
It was the owner of a consignment shop, who’s also a friend. And yes, I’d say at my peak I had around 1500-1600 pairs. Like I said…addiction
I got over 600 and decided to sell off everything. I have some regrets. But now I'm down to 300 but half of them are unwearable. A lot of ogs are just crumbling in the box. It was exhausting. Once I moved I didn't even try to find connects like I had back home. I sell or trade for what I want. But now I'm getting down to what I really want to keep. It's an addiction for sure. A lot of shoes i had no business picking up. I wish I would have documented it. I only have a few pictures of when it was growing. But once I had a room dedicated to just shoes it knew it was time to stop. Took a break for a while but missed some that I wish I didn't. Now I pick and choose. And now I'm unds older shoes only to have them crack and crumble. It's not worth it. Wear your shoes!

I had a serious sneaker addiction for many years. In 2017-2018 I was averaging over a pair purchased a day. AM Day used to look like this…
1679843493362.jpeg

And now it’s just one pair of BBs
it will probably be the only pair I buy all year and I’m legitimately happier for it. The chase is fun but it wasn’t worth the space it took up in my head.
Hey man, hope you're well. Been a while wince I've seen you around. I saw a snkrs pass the other day and thought of you. You hit on like 95% of those in NYC back in the day. I'd love to hear how yojw ere doing that lol

FCFS at Concepts in NY was easy. Seems like they still have pairs too. Maybe less in bigger sizes.

I was able to try on both 11 and 10.5 - I have other Air Maxes in both sizes. 10.5 was 1-to-1 with my foot and I had to loosen the laces a bit, whereas 11 I had a bit of room by the toe and could lace them up tighter. I like the roomy fit so got the 11.

Back
Top Bottom