THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

You'd think the dude designed the BBs himself the way he rides for that ****.

Never said they were a "better shoe" but just prefer the shape. Didn't think that would ruffle feathers. They are indeed more stiff but that's how most of my am1s feel anyway. I digress.

PXL_20230714_142156620~2.jpg

PXL_20230714_142337257.MP~2.jpg

I hope all of you wear your Nike golf shoes as casual as you wish for all the days of your life. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

The tongue and rear of these are making me second think them unfortunately.

i feel like the CW itself is solid enough to compensate for the “NIKE” on the heel.

i was ready to hit purchase on the westnyc link posted but i’m gonna hold out and see if they drop in price

I remember when I was a kid trying to get my parents to get me cleats as school shoes like wtf was wrong with me lmao

Now that you mention it... crazy memory just popped up like a wild bulbasaurus.

Guess that was kind of a thing in the mid 90's? (or teens just being teens, lol).

Remember this privileged suburban kid i knew (he only hung with ethnic folks, so you know, he was "down" - word to Brandy Norwood)....

... came to school with some brand new soccer cleats on - as DAILYS! (and he didn't play ANY sports... dude was kind of a dorkus... think Minkus without glasses). Don't recall how long he wore 'em for... definitely intermittently, but man, his troll game was supreme!!!

Wow... that was wild.

Now that you mention it... crazy memory just popped up like a wild bulbasaurus.

Guess that was kind of a thing in the mid 90's? (or teens just being teens, lol).

Remember this privileged suburban kid i knew (he only hung with ethnic folks, so you know, he was "down" - word to Brandy Norwood)....

... came to school with some brand new soccer cleats on - as DAILYS! (and he didn't play ANY sports... dude was kind of a dorkus... think Minkus without glasses). Don't recall how long he wore 'em for... definitely intermittently, but man, his troll game was supreme!!!

Wow... that was wild.

I'd put a year on here, (because I do know it), but let's just say I'm probably older than most of y'all. And waaaay back in 6th grade, I remember the school making a morning announcement on the intercom that cleats were now banned from the school because they were tearing up the carpet and scratching up the tile. It was that much of a thing that they had to make an announcement. And yes, it was mostly the "rich" white boys, (just the facts of the matter). WHY did they do it? Straight from the horses mouths, (think 6th grade boys); It made them TALLER. And this was in years before many of y'all NTers parents had met.

IMG_8714.jpeg

Can someone check social media please? Too old for this.

If it’s not a ps these are fire.
Internet_20230714_204240_1.jpeg
Internet_20230714_204240_2.jpeg
Internet_20230714_204240_4.jpeg
Internet_20230714_204240_5.jpeg
Internet_20230714_204240_3.jpeg
Internet_20230714_204240_6.jpeg

Internet_20230714_204240_7.jpeg
Internet_20230714_204240_8.jpeg

Yeah I need these. Missed the surprise appearance on Nike EU for the athletic department pair.

Last edited:
Yea, these are great. Classic colorblocking. Piped tongue. Split outsole. No games, no gimmicks. They could do every color combination imaginable and it'll always look good.
Agreed.

Nice to see them pushing out black mudguards again too. For a long while the only black mudguards I had was LTPTs.

I guess you could count the black pattas but it's different.

The Steelers might be sale or bust because I have a lot of yellow sneakers right now but they aren't bad at all.

Anyone have some bespoke pairs from Nikelab?! Please PM. Saw a pinnacle pair and remembered some cool concepts from that in store experience. Almost booked one on a trip up there but couldn’t make the timing work.

Yep I managed to cop 2 pairs of AM1 Bespokes in London and 1 pair of AF1 Bespoke in NY. You can see my pairs on my website under the custom section at https://www.kickztripsdrawings.co.uk

Agreed.

Nice to see them pushing out black mudguards again too. For a long while the only black mudguards I had was LTPTs.

I guess you could count the black pattas but it's different.

The Steelers might be sale or bust because I have a lot of yellow sneakers right now but they aren't bad at all.

Good thing for us, most am1s can be had below retail these days haha

Aside from the accent colors, those black/yellows look identical to the new chili 2.0. My only issue with those is they didn’t keep it true to the OGs with the red split outsole. Small detail but makes a big difference imo.

Anyone have some bespoke pairs from Nikelab?! Please PM. Saw a pinnacle pair and remembered some cool concepts from that in store experience. Almost booked one on a trip up there but couldn’t make the timing work.
Plenty pictured in this thread previously. Just do a quick search.

Back
Top Bottom