THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I like the IDs better too, the white mid panel definitely feels more cream/sail in person.
IDs are better quality imo too....gr pair is basically felt.... I've worn my IDs 4-5 times and they still ain't creased, I can see the gr pair creasing asap.
Toe box is better on IDs too.
Mesh tongue and collar on grs feel better then IDs though.
Question is, do you see enough difference in quality to justify paying 50 bucks more for an iD as opposed to the gr.

I certainly don't.

The OGs are felt too. So, while they don't follow the exact same formula as a true OG colorways, (felt grey upper panels, white mesh, felt mudguard etc) it's basically the same... And nobody complains about quality on the OG.

Not debating at all family. Just putting the gr release in proper context.

It should've been an extended women's release at the very least.

Last edited:
Question is, do you see enough difference in quality to justify paying 50 bucks more for an iD as opposed to the gr.

I certainly don't.

The OGs are felt too. So, while they don't follow the exact same formula as a true OG colorways, (felt grey upper panels, white mesh, felt mudguard etc) it's basically the same... And nobody complains about quality on the OG.

When are the GRs releasing ? I would need a women's size 12

I certainly don't.

Materials are definitely a step up on IDs, thickness of cut makes them feel so much more durable, now that being said, I didn't pay full price on either grs or IDs, so I may be bias.....
But I would def opt for IDs, simply because I like the shape and materials more.

***Double Flame Suit on :emoji_joy:

SP:emoji_eyes:KY SZN: a GOVRN ColLABoRAYtion.

Saucony Jazz OG X AM1 - Universal Monsters X Super 7 Pack
Saucony Jazz OG X Nike Air Max 1 - Universal Monsters X Super7 Set.png

Frankenstein
Saucony Jazz OG X Nike Air Max 1 - Universal Monsters X Super7 - Frankenstein.png

Bride of Frankenstein
Saucony Jazz OG X Nike Air Max 1 - Universal Monsters X Super7 - Bride of Frankenstein.png

Mummy
Saucony Jazz OG X Nike Air Max 1 - Universal Monsters X Super7 - Mummy.png

If you put aside brand significance and focus solely on imagery, you can see that the three boulders/stones in the river (Saucony’s logo) reflect the same imagery of the chamber in the air unit chamber!

Last edited:
The Nintendo designs are set to arrive this week…

With that said, I’m planning to order these next. BIG UP to boomroasted boomroasted for the inspo!

I have all of the colorway components solidified but one…. The tongue color; Black or Bone…

Black
Air Max 1 NBY - Nintendo+ B.jpeg

Bone
Air Max 1 NBY - NES B.jpeg

I’m glad that I’ll have an AM1 of the NES cw rather than these Pumas lol!
IMG_0529.jpeg
Leaning toward Bone over Iron Ore for the rest of the upper.

Heh I have those pumas too.

I think I'd lean black tongue of those options.

I thought about using Sundial for the bubble to represent the composite video output on the NES but after seeing it in person it's definitely way more orange.

With that said, I’m planning to order these next. BIG UP to boomroasted boomroasted for the inspo!

I have all of the colorway components solidified but one…. The tongue color; Black or Bone…

Black

Bone

IMG_0529.jpeg
I think top-down view for me would influence the tongue color decision most - at least from the NBY builder. But my gut says black so it’s flush with the accent, and I bet would be more flexible to lace swap black laces one day if you wanna mix it up. But maybe you want that extra contrast

Black

Bone

IMG_0529.jpeg
These are similar to a pair I've made and like yourself I don't know what option for the tongue to go with.

Screenshot_20231001_200706_Nike.jpg
Screenshot_20231001_200313_Nike.jpg

Last edited:
I think top-down view for me would influence the tongue color decision most - at least from the NBY builder. But my gut says black so it’s flush with the accent, and I bet would be more flexible to lace swap black laces one day if you wanna mix it up. But maybe you want that extra contrast

💯 I love colorways with the lighter upper paired with a black tongue/laces.

Bone
Air Max 1 NBY - NES Bone.jpg

Black with Bone
Air Max 1 NBY - NES Black with Bone.jpg

Black
Air Max 1 NBY - NES Black.jpg

With that said, I actually had the tongues of the OG swapped for black ones (from the Waffle Debut) because of that preference.

OG
IMG_0535.jpeg

Swapped
IMG_0534.jpeg

Then again, looking through images of the console, it doesn’t have much black on it. But Black does look good! Plus, like you said, the laces are easier to swap. I just noticed that the Iron Ore/Bone is a tough shade to color match. Luckily, I had a few left in my stash.

I spent about $20 scooping up light grey laces from multiple sellers in hopes of getting the right match again lol.

Last edited:
These are similar to a pair I've made and like yourself I don't know what option for the tongue to go with.

Screenshot_20231001_200706_Nike.jpg
Screenshot_20231001_200313_Nike.jpg

Not sure if you have the NES as the inspiration for your design too. You can either stay to the OG inspiration (component for component) or add in elements of your own preferences onto the design! That's the beauty (and curse) of NBY lol

💯 I love colorways with the lighter upper paired with a black tongue/laces.

Bone
Air Max 1 NBY - NES Bone.jpg

Black with Bone
Air Max 1 NBY - NES Black with Bone.jpg

Black
Air Max 1 NBY - NES Black.jpg

With that said, I actually had the tongues of the OG swapped for black ones (from the Waffle Debut) because of that preference.

OG
IMG_0535.jpeg

Swapped
IMG_0534.jpeg

Then again, looking through images of the console, it doesn’t have much black on it. But Black does look good! Plus, like you said, the laces are easier to swap. I just noticed that the Iron Ore/Bone is a tough shade to color match. Luckily, I had a few left in my stash.

I spent about $20 scooping up light grey laces from multiple sellers in hopes of getting the right match again lol.
Honestly very hard to pick. Which tells me I think you’d be happy no matter what!

Back
Top Bottom