THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Hey guys.. are the Orange Magma Masters TTS? I've only 1 pair of women's AM1s and they're the Cobblestones, they fit a bit longer than my usual Men's AM1s just wanted to make sure I get the right size this time.

TIA!
I’ve only worn mine once and that was a while ago, but I can’t say I remember them fitting any different than any other men’s pair.

Screenshot_20231204_100308_StockX.jpg
Arguably the best Size? collab
I thought they were size? exclusive, but while there were still some sizes available at size’s website, I did see some webstore in EU (Netherlands, IIRC) selling them for pretty cheap (around $100) few months after size?’s release and made me wonder “weren’t they size? exclusive??” tho?

Also, I have to say that I prefer OG KRSS over this and I also can’t think those were the best size? collab either. Just in terms of Safari, I prefer What The Safari 95 or Urban Safari AML over this one….
Just a man’s opinion tho.

Where from??

GOAT of all places. I won a $10 credit from their Black Friday event so I figured I could find a recent AM1 release with a below retail ask to use it on. Just never thought it'd be these.

Someone was dumping mad pairs of them. I saw damn near every size listed at $107, though it looks like most prices are back up now. Was able to get them for $120 shipped .

i'm not gonna be mad at anyone in here for how they get their bread. from my experience of being in the AM1 thread, no one here is using bots to beat out the next person. some people are just willing to go the extra length to find and enter multiple draws to improve their chances. can't knock that hustle. i've held onto shoes that i got during their initial release, thought about wearing but never did, and then sold them 3-4 years down the road for double. doesn't make me terrible.

i'm not gonna be mad at anyone in here for how they get their bread. from my experience of being in the AM1 thread, no one here is using bots to beat out the next person. some people are just willing to go the extra length to find and enter multiple draws to improve their chances. can't knock that hustle. i've held onto shoes that i got during their initial release, thought about wearing but never did, and then sold them 3-4 years down the road for double. doesn't make me terrible.
This post will seem random now that his posts got deleted lol.

But yea I was up to 750+ pairs at one point. I'd like to get down to 200 and just have them all on my wall. I guess I'm supposed to give them away, apparently.

Of course it doesn’t. We’re collecting. Some of us hundreds of pairs. It’s not even realistic to wear all of them, let alone value them all the same as the next person who may not have them.

There’s a huge difference between getting a pair or two and sitting on them for years vs flipping pairs every week to pay for your habit or even worse “make a living.” They aren’t comparable at all.

Funny how they took down the black nubuck and smoke grey nubuck options, but I'm able to reorder pairs I made with those materials with no issues.

Got a few pairs yesterday thinking they would switch the nubuck to leather, but it's all there.

They need to just put them back up there and stop the shenanigans

Of course it doesn’t. We’re collecting. Some of us hundreds of pairs. It’s not even realistic to wear all of them, let alone value them all the same as the next person who may not have them.

There’s a huge difference between getting a pair or two and sitting on them for years vs flipping pairs every week to pay for your habit or even worse “make a living.” They aren’t comparable at all.
what's wrong with flipping a few pairs every week to pay for your habit🤷‍♂️? That was definitely me in 2017-2020. Got married and while acclimating to the new budget I started flipping outlet and hash wall finds. Wasn't trying to crack heads. If the lowest bid was enough to cover my pair I'd sell it on one of the apps often before I even got to the cash register and have my pair covered in full or at least partially. Then in 2020 once stores started to open back up there were ridiculous steals. A local Footlocker had NB 990V4s down to $50. They were already $75 before the pandemic. Bought as many as I could put in the trunk and did the same with similar deals that summer. That helped cover NICU hospital bills for my new born twins and a new AC unit.

That summer kind of eased my judgments on resellers. Not all of them are corny goofballs price gouging a culture they don't care about or even know about. Met a dude who had a heart condition and couldn't work a regular job. Did Uber but, had a pace maker added and couldn't drive anymore. So he just got dropped off at stores and bought shoes and clothes on sale to flip. Not all bad people. Definitely some jerks and cornballs though. Once my daughter came home I stopped flipping and just sold off a huge chunk of my collection to make room in the nursery/my former sneaker room.

Back
Top Bottom