THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Lost sketches, escapes, bronze, shimas and a few more all 50% off and free shipping

1000009034.jpg

Lost sketches, escapes, bronze, shimas and a few more all 50% off and free shipping

Much appreciated, scooped lost sketch BBs for me and Magmas for the Gf.

I was so impressed by my first pair of NBY's that I just ordered 2 more custom's. Anxious to see how the Sundial color looks in person... hoping it's more Orange than yellow!

Merry Christmas Eve NT'ers - love this community, and more importantly love the community within this thread (way less toxic than some other threads I've noticed lol).
1703472845670.png

i know this is a cultural thing, trying new shoes around the house is one thing.

but i never understood why people wear outside shoes, in the house.....
Probably why the carpets are so filthy! Lmao!

I guess that’s a western kind of habit. We, the Japanese never go into the house w/ the shoes(for outside) on…
We are Japanese and never once removed shoes indoors. Maybe a byproduct of trying to fit in post WWII?

You take your shoes off at the door I guess it all depends on what western people you dealing with
Ummm…, I thought the ppl in US doesn’t take their shoes off when going into the house…. It was definitely like that when I lived in the States (many years ago tho). Has that been changed now (at the time I was there, never visited someone’s house that requires you to take off your shoes…) or it’s just an US’s way and the ppl in EU actually take their shoes off?? BTW, here in Japan, going into someone’s house with your shoes on is even considered as rude thing….

Ummm…, I thought the ppl in US doesn’t take their shoes off when going into the house…. It was definitely like that when I lived in the States (many years ago tho). Has that been changed now (at the time I was there, never visited someone’s house that requires you to take off your shoes…) or it’s just an US’s way and the ppl in EU actually take their shoes off?? BTW, here in Japan, going into someone’s house with your shoes on is even considered as rude thing….
It really depends on which house. And sometimes it depends on which season and flooring type and if they have kids. We take our shoes off at the door and typically put shoes on at the door. Most of my friends and family do the same but I have a few who don't. And of the few who don't only one slacks on the cleaning so it's not like the others are automatically dirty/nasty people. They all have wood or non carpeted flooring too.

Short story long, if someone's house is nice and/or if they are at least really about keeping a clean home shoes come off at the door.

Edit: black family from Detroit, figured I'd add that demo info since getyashinebox getyashinebox threw it in. That data might actually help you shape a better perception of shoe etiquette in the states 😊

Last edited:
Latest pick up, just received my first NBY AM1s. Can’t believe I waited this long to make a pair, but after seeing certain color options started to disappear I had to pull the trigger.

Went with something simple and wearable. I added white speckles and better laces. Happy how they turned out.

“Oreo”
IMG_9485.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9526.jpeg
Looks like they could've been a Collab....a good one

Depends on whose house it is. We take our shoes off but others don’t. I also lived in Japan a long time so that’s partially why in my case.

Back
Top Bottom