THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I don't have a steady enough hand to do it :rofl:|l

IMG_3193.gif

I think Cherrys airbag has a little green/blue going on but the unc looks close enough. This swap was with unc and looks great imo.

fwiw I talked to him, he said Cherrys look a little blue/green bc the airbag is yellowing. The UNC matches the actual airbag. Maybe this helps someone else out there.

fwiw I talked to him, he said Cherrys look a little blue/green bc the airbag is yellowing. The UNC matches the actual airbag. Maybe this helps someone else out there.
Not looking to create in issue - you know I love you, Jason. However, I think Marcel (although he's an absolute king at restorations) is a bit off on this one. The blue color used on 'Cherrywoods' is 'Baltic Blue'. This color is definitely more yellow-ish than 'University Blue'. Look at the two color swatches attached for comparison. You can also look at the tongue lining of your pair, which is Baltic Blue as well, to see this. I have no opinion on whether it's a good or bad choice to use a University Blue airbag for this swap - that's entirely a subjective matter. I do think it's fair to point out that Baltic Blue is indeed more yellow leaning than University Blue, and not only looking so due to aging. Regardless, best of luck with the swap - I know Marcel will do an excellent job.

Attachments

• Baltic_Blue_Swatch.png
    Baltic_Blue_Swatch.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Uni_Blue_Swatch.png
    Uni_Blue_Swatch.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 359
Not looking to create in issue - you know I love you, Jason. However, I think Marcel (although he's an absolute king at restorations) is a bit off on this one. The blue color used on 'Cherrywoods' is 'Baltic Blue'. This color is definitely more yellow-ish than 'University Blue'. Look at the two color swatches attached for comparison. You can also look at the tongue lining of your pair, which is Baltic Blue as well, to see this. I have no opinion on whether it's a good or bad choice to use a University Blue airbag for this swap - that's entirely a subjective matter. I do think it's fair to point out that Baltic Blue is indeed more yellow leaning than University Blue, and not only looking so due to aging. Regardless, best of luck with the swap - I know Marcel will do an excellent job.
Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. I love it lol. Do you know of any am1 with a Baltic Blue airbag? He said he's used a Pull Tab pair before but they are harder to find. Is it closer to the correct color? I think the UNC would look close enough on foot but I'd prefer to get the best option I can.

Back
Top Bottom