THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Was heartbroken when I found out that my Kilimanjaro NBY Safari '22 design that I ordered through a coworker, who had access, was actually in women's sizing thinking it was men's... SMH. It still haunts me today lol

IMG_1711.JPG

Several months later, I scooped up a return design from a reseller. I painted the Swoosh edges the same Turquoise hue. It originally had a Sail midsole and a Black outsole. I wasn't a big fan of it... So being the particular MFer that I am, I had them swapped to my specifications (thanks to the good people at GOVRN)

Retaining the Disney World Animal Kingdom theme, I paired the Safari upper which a multicolor outsole to represent the artwork on the vibrant Anandapur Bus / Ice Cream Stop as well as the prayer flags you'd encounter on the way.

anandapur-ice-cream-truck-00.jpg

the-prayer-flags-of-anandapur-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lee-adams.jpg

Anandapur
Air Max 1 NBY - Anandapur.png

Was heartbroken when I found out that my Kilimanjaro NBY Safari '22 design that I ordered through a coworker, who had access, was actually in women's sizing thinking it was men's... SMH. It still haunts me today lol

IMG_1711.JPG

Several months later, I scooped up a return design from a reseller. I painted the Swoosh edges the same Turquoise hue. It originally had a Sail midsole and a Black outsole. I wasn't a big fan of it... So being the particular MFer that I am, I had them swapped to my specifications (thanks to the good people at GOVRN)

Retaining the Disney World Animal Kingdom theme, I paired the Safari upper which a multicolor outsole to represent the artwork on the vibrant Anandapur Bus / Ice Cream Stop as well as the prayer flags you'd encounter on the way.

anandapur-ice-cream-truck-00.jpg

the-prayer-flags-of-anandapur-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lee-adams.jpg

Anandapur
Air Max 1 NBY - Anandapur.png

I know we gove you crap for the zillions of sole swaps, but I gotta admit that based on the theme you were going for you killed this one. Great job...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I noticed that NBY options tend to “sell out” or are removed from builder.

NBY Tip:

When you plan to purchase but don’t want want to pull the trigger just yet… Add your design to your cart anyways. Even if material/color options get removed, you’ll still receive the design that you added to your cart at the time.

I experimented with it three times, and each time was a success.

Also, anyone with a comparison image of the latest Malachite Green AM1 vs. the Bicoastal Green from NBY?

Back
Top Bottom