THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

folks are sleep on the current NBY palette. assuming that all the colors and materials are available, there are gems to be made for sure!

could there be a mini swoosh and split sole option? sure. but these colors are unique and the suede is great. leather is also very nice in small doses. imo
How many have you made so far?

Raffle for Jackie Robinson is open...

folks are sleep on the current NBY palette. assuming that all the colors and materials are available, there are gems to be made for sure!

could there be a mini swoosh and split sole option? sure. but these colors are unique and the suede is great. leather is also very nice in small doses. imo
i've definitely been sleeping and your designs woke me up. props

i much prefer the prior nubuck option and have too many suede shoes so i've been hesitant to pull the trigger. now the green and blue suede options are sold out but the Black is back. i'll do one Black dominant pair and hope to do another when the options pop up again.

PXL_20240409_195658396.jpg

I thought these were premium enough for metal aglets but there just not doin it for me. I ordered a pair of white laces with orange tips that will probably be a winner.
IMG_2705.jpeg

Every time I see those all I can think of is the Air Yeezys? Is that what popularized that style of aglet?

Anyone have experience cleaning the AM1 slides, specifically has anyone just tossed them in the washer?

Mine are looking pretty dirty on the soft fabric part after last summer. I could do a spot cleaning, but was hoping this would be more efficient. Maybe someone already tried…

Anyone have experience cleaning the AM1 slides, specifically has anyone just tossed them in the washer?

Mine are looking pretty dirty on the soft fabric part after last summer. I could do a spot cleaning, but was hoping this would be more efficient. Maybe someone already tried…
I wouldn't hesitate to toss the slides in the washer on gentle/cold. Just don't use the heater to dry.

I mean we are about due for a respectful conversation about how much better 87s are. Might as well get it over with now.
Side profile really shows off the dead era mudguard quite well on the 86's.And the whole imprint line thing that rounds down around the bubble on an otherwise flat Sketchers looking midsole is weird. The standard 2 horizontal lines and textured finish are way better on the 87.

If we just want to have the conversation, 86's = aj1 mids. Both are "og" builds that sat in a vault for decades bc people preferred the other early edition much better. Nike then brought out the bb/mid many years later. At least the aj1 crowd left the mids for girls and kids.

Y'all wearing mids. MIDS. MIDS!

Respectfully.

Side profile really shows off the dead era mudguard quite well on the 86's.And the whole imprint line thing that rounds down around the bubble on an otherwise flat Sketchers looking midsole is weird. The standard 2 horizontal lines and textured finish are way better on the 87.

If we just want to have the conversation, 86's = aj1 mids. Both are "og" builds that sat in a vault for decades bc people preferred the other early edition much better. Nike then brought out the bb/mid many years later. At least the aj1 crowd left the mids for girls and kids.

Y'all wearing mids. MIDS. MIDS!

Respectfully.
It's a matter of personal preference, of course. Personally, I really don't prefer the very slanted mudguard of the lateral - it's similar to that of the Dark Ages (and I just personally prefer the more horizontal style of the PAN Group days). The taller heel foxing and wider front of the footbed is also not aesthetically my pref, but I do feel like it provides more comfort than the AM1 structure of today (at least for my feet). There are also several other little differences, but I won't go on forever. As for the midsole, that's where I don't agree with you, Jason. The two flowlines by the airbag cutout were there as they were needed in production in 1986. I don’t mind them - they make sense to me. They obviously chose to keep them on these retros to stay true to the original look, even though Nike don’t need flowlines like that anymore in production. More importantly (to me) though is the the size of the airbag and the cutout as it related the design of the midsole. On the BB it looks like it was intended, and I’ve always thought that the smaller airbag/cutout and the added and extended groove lines look like what they are - compensative revisions. I’ve also never preferred the texture that got added to the midsoles in the 90s. All that said though, I love that the retro of the BB has been done so true to the original design (even if there are parts of it that I don’t prefer personally). They’re really well done, and every true AM1 fan should be appreciative that we actually (and finally) got a remake of the Big Bubble after all these years.

Back
Top Bottom