THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

You got a mouse in your pocket?
86kuyw9dlvr71.jpg

It's a matter of personal preference, of course. Personally, I really don't prefer the very slanted mudguard of the lateral - it's similar to that of the Dark Ages (and I just personally prefer the more horizontal style of the PAN Group days). The taller heel foxing and wider front of the footbed is also not aesthetically my pref, but I do feel like it provides more comfort than the AM1 structure of today (at least for my feet). There are also several other little differences, but I won't go on forever. As for the midsole, that's where I don't agree with you, Jason. The two flowlines by the airbag cutout were there as they were needed in production in 1986. I don’t mind them - they make sense to me. They obviously chose to keep them on these retros to stay true to the original look, even though Nike don’t need flowlines like that anymore in production. More importantly (to me) though is the the size of the airbag and the cutout as it related the design of the midsole. On the BB it looks like it was intended, and I’ve always thought that the smaller airbag/cutout and the added and extended groove lines look like what they are - compensative revisions. I’ve also never preferred the texture that got added to the midsoles in the 90s. All that said though, I love that the retro of the BB has been done so true to the original design (even if there are parts of it that I don’t prefer personally). They’re really well done, and every true AM1 fan should be appreciative that we actually (and finally) got a remake of the Big Bubble after all these years.
1712787920373.png

It's a matter of personal preference, of course. Personally, I really don't prefer the very slanted mudguard of the lateral - it's similar to that of the Dark Ages (and I just personally prefer the more horizontal style of the PAN Group days). The taller heel foxing and wider front of the footbed is also not aesthetically my pref, but I do feel like it provides more comfort than the AM1 structure of today (at least for my feet). There are also several other little differences, but I won't go on forever. As for the midsole, that's where I don't agree with you, Jason. The two flowlines by the airbag cutout were there as they were needed in production in 1986. I don’t mind them - they make sense to me. They obviously chose to keep them on these retros to stay true to the original look, even though Nike don’t need flowlines like that anymore in production. More importantly (to me) though is the the size of the airbag and the cutout as it related the design of the midsole. On the BB it looks like it was intended, and I’ve always thought that the smaller airbag/cutout and the added and extended groove lines look like what they are - compensative revisions. I’ve also never preferred the texture that got added to the midsoles in the 90s. All that said though, I love that the retro of the BB has been done so true to the original design (even if there are parts of it that I don’t prefer personally). They’re really well done, and every true AM1 fan should be appreciative that we actually (and finally) got a remake of the Big Bubble after all these years.
smh I was just messing around for fun and you turned it super serious and now it's no fun.

"A pair of bright phat yellow Air Max
Hit the racks, snatch a must son, $20 off no tax
Street merchant tucked in the cloud, stay splurging
Rock a eagle head, 6-inch height was the bird
Monday night Dallas verse Jets, dudes slid in with one hand
Two culture-ciphers, one bag of wet
Heavy rain ****ed my kicks up
Wasn't looking, splashed in the puddle
***** laughing, first thought was beat the ***** up"

GhostfaceKillahSupremeClientele.jpg

Ngl, i thought about this for a minute :lol:

But i know dblplay1212 dblplay1212 has more sense than to hurt our feelings like this
Mmmmm I caught partial feelings when he said the cherry coke customs were meant to be “beaters” and he has “others”. That **** stung after Goat sold out early.

I say this all in fun. My salty *** has a pair arriving from eBay tomorrow. Finally. This is my first time buying authenticated sneakers from them and it’s taken forever.

Back
Top Bottom