Street merchant tucked in the cloud, stay splurging
Rock a eagle head, 6-inch height was the bird
Monday night Dallas verse Jets, dudes slid in with one hand
Two culture-ciphers, one bag of wet
Heavy rain ****ed my kicks up
Wasn't looking, splashed in the puddle
***** laughing, first thought was beat the ***** up"

GhostfaceKillahSupremeClientele.jpg
So many lyrics on that record that I gave up trying to make sense of.

"Dead serious, knowledge by 2% triple geese."

will-ferrell-georgebush.gif

It's simply Cream colored.

Not every Sail or Cream colored midsole is aged or yellowed.
Whatever it is doesn't look right on that CW. Nike has been putting sail midsoles on too many AM1's for no good reason, IMHO. On that particular pair a nice white midsole would look smooth.

Mmmmm I caught partial feelings when he said the cherry coke customs were meant to be “beaters” and he has “others”. That **** stung after Goat sold out early.

I say this all in fun. My salty *** has a pair arriving from eBay tomorrow. Finally. This is my first time buying authenticated sneakers from them and it’s taken forever.
Cherry coke customs had me howling. Sorry didn't mean to come across like a ****. They weren't meant to be beaters per say but they quickly turned to that. Not even made about it tbh, I've worn then 4-5 times already and I don't have to be selective when wearing them.

Cherry coke customs had me howling. Sorry didn't mean to come across like a ****. They weren't meant to be beaters per se but they quickly turned to that. Not even made about it tbh, I've worn then 4-5 times already and I don't have to be selective when wearing them.
Nah you’re good man, you know how frustrating this hobby can be. I’ve been 50% salt lately with missing shoes. These ducks show up tomorrow and I’ll be grinning like an idiot. 😁

IMG_8900.jpeg

Bought these on eBay an hour after dblplay1212 dblplay1212 bought out all the size 11s on goat lol. Just kidding, sir! For just 350 shipped, I have zero complaints.

Patience is a virtue as these finally arrived today. For me, these will be straight to feet, like all of my other pairs, but first I’ll wait for these rainstorms to clear out in ny.

Not a color match for the hoodie, but I’ll still rock them together next winter.

Obsidian’s and red’s just came in. Just waiting on my foot to heal so I can wear them.
IMG_0339.jpeg

They do look undeniably dope on the side view. The top down view is borderline clown shoes unfortunately. Toes not pointy enough.

It's a matter of personal preference, of course. Personally, I really don't prefer the very slanted mudguard of the lateral - it's similar to that of the Dark Ages (and I just personally prefer the more horizontal style of the PAN Group days). The taller heel foxing and wider front of the footbed is also not aesthetically my pref, but I do feel like it provides more comfort than the AM1 structure of today (at least for my feet). There are also several other little differences, but I won't go on forever. As for the midsole, that's where I don't agree with you, Jason. The two flowlines by the airbag cutout were there as they were needed in production in 1986. I don’t mind them - they make sense to me. They obviously chose to keep them on these retros to stay true to the original look, even though Nike don’t need flowlines like that anymore in production. More importantly (to me) though is the the size of the airbag and the cutout as it related the design of the midsole. On the BB it looks like it was intended, and I’ve always thought that the smaller airbag/cutout and the added and extended groove lines look like what they are - compensative revisions. I’ve also never preferred the texture that got added to the midsoles in the 90s. All that said though, I love that the retro of the BB has been done so true to the original design (even if there are parts of it that I don’t prefer personally). They’re really well done, and every true AM1 fan should be appreciative that we actually (and finally) got a remake of the Big Bubble after all these years.

Personally I love the ‘86s and how they look.
I happened to come in here because my pair of the current white/black/reds has been getting a lot of wear lately and as it’s the only pair of AM1s I have at the moment, I have been wanting to grab another pair of 1s. Was thinking about one or two of the colorways on NDC, but Kim Fatty the Third Kim Fatty the Third pic reminded me about the Obsidians, which is my favorite colorway of these. Missed ‘em when they dropped and forgot about them till now. Just bought a pair via Goat for retail, can’t wait to get them. So thanks for bringing them up again in here 🤣🔥

Something about the mesh on that iron pair is off. Maybe just in pics, I’d like to see them in person because it’s a really good colorway that will get a lot of use.

Personally I love the ‘86s and how they look.
I happened to come in here because my pair of the current white/black/reds has been getting a lot of wear lately and as it’s the only pair of AM1s I have at the moment, I have been wanting to grab another pair of 1s. Was thinking about one or two of the colorways on NDC, but Kim Fatty the Third Kim Fatty the Third pic reminded me about the Obsidians, which is my favorite colorway of these. Missed ‘em when they dropped and forgot about them till now. Just bought a pair via Goat for retail, can’t wait to get them. So thanks for bringing them up again in here 🤣🔥

I feel the same way. In fact, I like the BB so much that the "normal" model looks so pathetic to me now. I recall back in the day when I had the OGs (red) thinking that bubble was so freak'n amazing and massive, and I could feel it compress. Frankly I don't recall if I had the BB version or the revised bubble. Hate that 1s are bricks on feet now and got rid of all of my 1s except for my BBs.

Obsidians look amazing but I passed since I'm really trying to limit stacking boxes as I already have so many that I only get to wear on occasion. Actually like that colorway better, but the reds have massive nostalgia as they were the first air max I had back in the day.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I guess it saves a lot of money as there are so many great colorways of the 1s that are constantly available!

I recall back in the day when I had the OGs (red) thinking that bubble was so freak'n amazing and massive, and I could feel it compress. Frankly I don't recall if I had the BB version or the revised bubble. Hate that 1s are bricks on feet now and got rid of all of my 1s except for my BBs.

IIRC Nike used to use an open cell foam that was squishier and more comfortable on their shoes in the 80s. The only problem is it wore out and crumbled faster, so they switched to polyurethane.

Love love love this pair. Top 10 pair for me since the 2017 changes. Weird release, EU only maybe? I don't even remember where we got them. I think someone in the old chat found them and we all copped? I found another pair a year later, from someone on here iirc. They were so random that I don't think they even had a name, we just called them the white/grey Just Do It pair bc the JDI released around that time. Were these even part of that pack?

Back
Top Bottom