The Official Air Max Sweep Thru (Amar'e Stoudemire) Thread

Basically these are unofficially Amar'e's signature kicks.  I'm really diggin' these moreso than the LeBron 9 and Kobe VII.  This shoe has some of the KD2 DNA in it.  Retail price is 84.99.
  This past season, in Amar’e Stoudemire’s first season with the New York Knicks, he showed that when he slams down, he likes to stay strapped down. Throughout the season, he only wore the Zoom Huarache TR Mid and the Zoom KD II. However, if this season happens, Amar’e will be adjusting the straps of his own (unofficial) signature sneaker: the Air Max Sweep Thru. The sneaker itself has Air Max technology in the heel, and a crossing mid-foot strap to make sure that Amar’e's feet stay tucked in both on the court and off.

nike-air-max-sweep-thru-4.jpg

Nike-Air-Max-Sweep-Thru.jpg

Amare-Stoudemire.jpeg

Nike%20Air%20Max%20Sweep%20Thru-1.jpg

nike-air-max-sweep-thru-holiday-2011-summary-new.jpg

bf752984.jpg

mto29y.jpg

looks like very cheap material on the GRs, which is sad since STAT thinks he's such a fashionista these days... unless these are on par with the Air Max Enforcer and Air Force Operates (absolutely GREAT budget shoes for ball), I can't imagine picking a pair up of GRs.

Kinda looks like a mix of the KD2 and KD3, only with a new strap and heel Air bag.  Not a bad thing, but the cheapy fake leather really hurts.

I really like and would buy the Knicks away colorway though, and I'm not even from NY.

Is it just me or does the forefoot (from the start of the air bubble to the toe) seem very long? And if there is no zoom or cushioning at all, then what's the point?

Nike%20Air%20Max%20Sweep%20Thru-1.jpg

I would pick these up in a heartbeat but of course just like the Huarache Trainers last year I'm sure STAT's PEs will never see the light of day.  
mad.gif

I was wondering how come there wasn't a thread for this shoe yet. I like them when I saw them on NBA 2K12 of all places.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

great thread jay. hit me on the jack bro..

but yea i should have copped the pe's at mercer

Will do Dean-O.  You upgraded to Android
laugh.gif
?  Surprised you kept my number all this time.
smile.gif

Mercer St sold out of the blue/orange/wht bro?  Check ya hood if you diggin' the GR colorways.  They'll likely go on sale early rather than later.  I'm all over those grey/orange ones and blk/grey.   

mto29y.jpg

any1 know if this colorway dropped yet???.......i picked up the black based 1s but was wondering bout....thanks

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

any1 know if this colorway dropped yet???.......i picked up the black based 1s but was wondering bout....thanks

Should be in FTL right now.   

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I was wondering how come there wasn't a thread for this shoe yet. I like them when I saw them on NBA 2K12 of all places.

Me too.  It's a nice shoe  Love the silhouette.

the materials on the blue orange pair are great . they look outstanding on our shelf . selling fairly well also

I been waiting for someone to make a thread, I really like this shoe. Might need to pick up the white Knicks pair, but the only thing keeping me away from them is the pattern on the strap... maybe the blue Knicks for me then...

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

Originally Posted by ehh

I would pick these up in a heartbeat but of course just like the Huarache Trainers last year I'm sure STAT's PEs will never see the light of day.  
mad.gif
these did drop @ 21 mercer last friday im sure ther probley sold out by now.....i was able to cop a pair of this colorway also......hit me wit a pm if ur interested in a pair i know another spot that still might have em available......FRESH hit me up to if ur looking for a pair

Thanks for the heads up but I'm a size 15, guessing they didn't go up that big.  If they did hit me up.

Back
Top Bottom