*****The Official "Anything About Money" Thread***

rosecitykid

If you want to be involved in the stock market, open a Scottrade account with 500$, and if you want a hands-off approach purchase a broad based American ETF, I would reccomend Vanguard's Product that seeks to replicate the S&P 500, while having extrememly low costs. Also do a little research and get some global exposure because many think thats where most of the growth lies.
Dog my projects got taste, although the rent aint nuttin but two fitty,
we sportin five thousand dollar drapes
No matter where he is next year, Amare Stoudemire is guaranteed to make the All-Interview team. When asked about his jumper after the Micky D's game, he responded: "My jumper has improved since the summer, bro, but I haven't even worked on my jumper."

^^ thanks for the tip Big Rob.

I appreciate this post, thanks for making it a sticky Cam.
You lose, I win.

rosecitykid,

When you open the account at scottrade, open a ROTH IRA account if you want it to be for retirement...not just a regular margin account. That way when you retire you will not have to pay any capital gains tax.
TEAM FINANCE​
No one ever got rich working​

ING's CD rates are nice! I have a CD now for $5000 and it's expiring 6/7/07. Should I just do another CD with a high interest rate? Or something else? I do have some other savings built up and don't really need this $5g.

GOPHERS TIMBERWOLVES TWINS VIKINGS
XBOX Live: nnarum​

Is it wise to open a roth ira and a regular scott trade acct??
Pimpin aint easy but it aint hard neitha
TEAM STRONG ISLANDFROM NASSAU TO SUFFOLK WE STYLIN ON YOU
AIM=JCASHDAKID

Rosecitykid,

Read my comments regarding roth vs. traditional IRA, although you are probably in a low tax bracket right now, think about as you continue to add to your retirement as you age and (presumably) make more money. Weigh your options.
No matter where he is next year, Amare Stoudemire is guaranteed to make the All-Interview team. When asked about his jumper after the Micky D's game, he responded: "My jumper has improved since the summer, bro, but I haven't even worked on my jumper."

Big Rob

I know you probably know a lot more about this than me but Imma play devil's advocate...

ING? why?

Because you can get 5%+ returns without any kind of risk at all. Why would you do anything else to hold your money in the first place? I know about CD's but are there returns much higher than 5% in the first place? You would get the same and have access to it at all times. Please elaborate why a CD is much better?

Thanks homey
CHECK MY EBAY AUCTIONS

THE HOTTEST NEW ERA HATS EVER ! FOR DIRT CHEAP !

So I just graduated out of school. Minimal bills to pay. I'll be getting a job and hitting six figures. Plan on saving a lot and investing. A lot of good info in here, problem is I'm in Canada. We don't have some things likes IRAs. Any advice for your neighbor in the North?
SLAM NO.69 page 34...rest in peace bro

mindstatements,

Im not sure where you find that ING is offering 5%+ yields on savings accounts. There website says they off a 4.5% VARIABLE rate on their standard savings accounts. If you could find an FDIC insured savings account with no fees or restrictions at a yield of 5%+ I would say go for it. However, ING's 4.5% current rate is variable, and it will go down, more likely than up. If their yields do indeed go up it will because 1) inflation or 2) an increase in yields on the lending side for all financial institutions. If 1 happens, then your real return will not increase, and if 2 happens then, in effect, as more people get financed for spending purposes, than for saving purposes, the overall effect of an increase in your yield will not be effective.

Bottom line, the 4.5% yield on ING savings accounts is great, and the variable rate can hurt or help you. But if you are really trying to make your money grown, and more importantly save it, it may not hurt to at least get in a cd, that you cannot be tempted to access, and also maybe pick up anouther 1% in yield.

No prob Go NT! ha

Big Rob, CJ Money, D Kicks, and Martin & Co. I sure appreciate the great advice you guys are spittin!

teach this old dog some new tricks, I just wish I would have listened when I was younger! Thanks guys, and keep it up..

Where is the best place to start reseraching into ETFs or regular index funds? I don't even know where to begin.
Real eyes realize real lies!

yo to everyone who is doing the cash crate. do u get all the money from the pending Earning and is it really legit. i have seen websites that says its not real and all that stuff.

If I click on something without filling it out, it lets me submit. It goes to pending. Will I still get that money?

May's Earnings: $0.00 Pending Earnings: $301.25 Points: 0
all in like 10 minutes
:pimp:
pimp.gif

GOPHERS TIMBERWOLVES TWINS VIKINGS
XBOX Live: nnarum​

I won a couple of grand last year on the lottery but I never filed taxes on it. Is this going to hurt me in the future with the IRS?

i had a QUESTION i havent opened up my scottstrade account but i want to kno 1 say i invest in something andd it goes up and it doubles when i take it out is that money mine??? can i transfer to my bank account and whala have money ?? also for the investors im thinking of buyin some of IVAN stock would you mine sharing some info on that particular stock thanks

^ Yes, but if you're a novice, its not a good idea to "day trade." If you're going for the short term, its like gambling, so just watch out and research a little more about investing before you go into individual stocks.
Real eyes realize real lies!

Back
Top Bottom