*****The Official "Anything About Money" Thread***

With about $1500, what's the best investment I can make at the moment? Im considering just putting it in an ING account. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance
AIM-illmatickalvin Email- [email protected]

Whats up with it?
Largest market in the world, trillions of dollars worth of currency are traded daily.
Very marginal amounts of this tirllion are from retail investors (you and me).
Very small (relatively) movements in forex rates lead to small gains unless leveraged (borrowed) at very large levels. Thus, equivalently large losses are possible (probable) for people who are not full-time traders.
The movement of currency is more complicated that most people's knowledge will allow them to be successful in it.

Thats whats up with forex, although if you have a particular question, get at me.
Dog my projects got taste, although the rent aint nuttin but two fitty,
we sportin five thousand dollar drapes
No matter where he is next year, Amare Stoudemire is guaranteed to make the All-Interview team. When asked about his jumper after the Micky D's game, he responded: "My jumper has improved since the summer, bro, but I haven't even worked on my jumper."

ING account? Whats up with everyone talking about an ING account?
They offer 5%? as opposed to many CD's yielding larger, and if you are trying to invest, a savings account is not an investment, no matter how liquid (accessible) it is.
If you believe the economy is strong or is going to be in the future (depending on how long your investment horizon is) and depending on how involved, how much research you plan on doing, open a Scottrade account with 500$ and assemble yourself a well diversified portfolio of ETF's, so you dont have to worry about any one asset class/country affecting your money, and at the same time it is more or less able to be passively managed.

ING? why?
No matter where he is next year, Amare Stoudemire is guaranteed to make the All-Interview team. When asked about his jumper after the Micky D's game, he responded: "My jumper has improved since the summer, bro, but I haven't even worked on my jumper."

Anyone who knows about stocks....

I'm wondering if I should get buy into Blackstone Group when they officially go public
TEAMYANKEES

As a general rule you should not invest in a stock that you cannot fully comprehend, because then you would not know if they are doing well, but more importantly if they will do as good in the future.

As far as these PE firms going public, they are some of the least comprehendable firms to understand and if you can comprehend there business there still lie some conscerns.

Interest rates, the ability of these PE firms to pile debt onto these takeover products, may not speak specifically for their ability to better managae the company, but may simply be because of low interest spreads.

Or, the public offering may signal that Schwarzman and his pals think that this is a peak of Blackstone's worth and the peak of PE as a whole.

Either way, if you do not know who Schwarzman is you do not need to be in this stock.

Quote:
multiple a large sum of possible 10k into a profit of some sort

Get at me, peep the sig. I can't do it now but if you wait a month or two I could do something for you

Quote:
iv alex vi

You can get a custodial account

Unless you have millions and millions as well as crazy experience, forex is trash
I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
Want a guaranteed 20% on your money? PM me -1k minimum-
Money is like a second language to me​

Quote:
ya....BUT....the lifestyle of an IB is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS

i'll try and find that example of a typical IBer's day.....it's bananas

Please elaborate teddy jam or anyone that is familiar with that field. Also what major would you have to be doing to get a job as a IB? Finance? A friend of mine is trying to get into morgan stanley from finance/economics but is that all?
[email protected]
AIM queensfinest008
TEAM FAM​

Quote:
whats up with forex? any opinions on this?
ed out with I have the buying power of 800k dollars. I lost a lot too, it's not all perfect. I lost almost 3k in other mini accounts before somewhat mastering my system. 400:1 leverage is a double edged sword, its kind of gift and the curse, because you lose at that rate too. Most major banks trade forex at 10:1 leverage at the max, but they can afford to do that and make a good profit because they have a lot of money to trade with.

But in short, forex is whats up.

Quote:
I know alot of investment bankers... My wife was one at Bankers Trust/Deutche Bank before she became a stay at home mom. You need to be able to hustle. you have to look the part, dress the part, act the part. you have to have a good business degree (MBA) from a top tier school. you have to be top of your class. My wife was in the Private investment Bank (for high networth individuals. ) They figured out strategies to preserve an individuals assets. It's a complicated process of sales and smarts. My wife was very good at it. She made alot of dough at it as well. But if you are not an MBA from an ivy league school you will not get the jobs that make the real money. Without the right pedigree, you can probably work your way up but you will not get the interview to be in the investment banking division as an investment banker. You can start off in a support staff division.
I know this because my wife has only a BA from UCLA. she does not have a MBA from a ivy league school. She started in Bankers Trust in their retirement account services division. After 4 years of diligent work (she won numerous awards at the company for the programs she setup for retirement services) she was hand picked to join the investment banking division along with 15 others, who were all MBA's from Ivy League schools. They went thru 1 year of training and after that she was hired on as a investment banker in the private investment bank division. So the moral of the story is anyone can do it. If you have the guts to do so.

This really makes me think twice. I am from no IVY league so are you saying no hope for me? I know your wife did it with BA but what about today?

Quote:
But if you are not an MBA from an ivy league school you will not get the jobs that make the real money.
[email protected]
AIM queensfinest008
TEAM FAM​

Ok first of all, this thread is by far one of the best I have had the chance to take part in.

Secondly, I need so serious advice. Ok so I am in my mid 20's have a good job making about 4G's a month right. Problem is I have a egative credit report. We are talkong credit score in the 520's here. I have realized the error in my ways and I am taking care of each infraction as I can, but I know that I need to get on the road to recovery as well as clearing the past. I am looking to buy a new car by the years end and would like to improve my credit score, by 80 points buy the beginning of Sept. What I need to know is what is a good way to do this? Is it even reasonable for me to think that this can be done? I mean I have no credit cards and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get my credit in good standing.

HELP!!!!

PM me with any suggestions
This world is still worth protecting!!! Kira Yamato

Thanks for your insight Big Rob

I've been trying to find the next "Goldman" of the financial sector.I've been wondering if Blackstone could be it, even though their business is different/ similar to Goldman.

The big news headline from last night was China buying a $3billion stake into Blackstone.Right now and in the next couple of years there's a PE boom happening, especially overseas.

The only thing that's turning me off about the stock is Schwarzman saying he's going public for investors in the companies funds and not looking to pay dividends and return earnings to the public (greedy!!)

TEAMYANKEES

If you don't like IBanking and youre only in it for the money, youre not going to make any or be happy. To the person asking about finance or accounting: accounting is easier to get a job but you can make more as a finance major. Nearly everyone is a finance major nowadays.
Real eyes realize real lies!

do any of you guys use a bloomberg terminal at all? like could you break it down in a detailed manner as to what the exact interface is? i mean, i have a rough idea that i've seen pictures of but i'd like to know how that whole system is set up. e.g. is it running on some linux system or something to that effect or are you simply getting a piece of software to install? i'm also curious about mathematic modeling and algorithms and such. if you guys have come across any of this, is there some proprietary service out there that caters to this or is it a case of having to build from scratch (using C++ or what have you)?

foreplay: what's your average day like? also, when you first got in, i assume they train people. what does that training entail exactly?

To those who would know, I have this question...

I hate math, I'm currently doing my BA in marketing and if it isn't because of math I'd be done so much quicker. I'm definitely going for my MBA, and thinking of options in business besides Marketing. Would I be shooting myself in the foot by taking up Finance bc of my deficiency in math, or is it not THAT integral part of an MBA in finance?
TRUE BLUE SPIZIKES $174.96
AIM|PRIMETIME506
ebay auctions' myspace page

my cousin got a job at a big 4 firm doin i-banking in ny and she came from rutgers, hardly ivy league...good interview skills and being one of the only black finance female majors from her school helps too....

Quote:
big 4 firm
:rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

Sorry either you have no idea what you're talking about or you're lying.

Big 4 firms are accounting/auditing firms:

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Ernst & Young, KPMG and PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

Also if you want to fix your credit I used:

lexingtonlaw.com

I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
Want a guaranteed 20% on your money? PM me -1k minimum-
Money is like a second language to me​

aiight i got my terms mixed up so sue me....she work for leeman brothers though or however u spell it, and she said she has friends workin for G&S and a couple of the other big ones in NY doin i-banking, it musta been a good year for 07 finance grads

hey deceptive

i was thinkin bout doing that cash crate...but it seems like its not enough for my time, u feel me?

if i was to start,about how much would i look forward to on each check? i kno that it all depends on how many of those surveys you do, but lets say i do about 10-15 a day...

let me know, email: [email protected]

thanks!!!

Team Pacific Northwest​

23Jump45Man's HEAT AUCTIONS HERE!
.....http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ23jump45manQQhtZ-1

Back
Top Bottom