The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

:lol: What's wild is she wasn't even the driver. The gerbil angle was terrible though, they could've done better.

The gerbil angle was to bad to me because she got sloppy like most serial killers do

Those dogs were terrifying

Haven't had a chance to watch, but I don't give a crap about spoilers so I read the synopsis for each episode

How is 'crocodile' different from 'the entire history of you' and 'arkangel' different from 'white Christmas'.. first things that came to mind reading up on both episodes, basically cherry picking off the back of the previous episodes

Haven't had a chance to watch, but I don't give a crap about spoilers so I read the synopsis for each episode

How is 'crocodile' different from 'the entire history of you' and 'arkangel' different from 'white Christmas'.. first things that came to mind reading up on both episodes, basically cherry picking off the back of the previous episodes
Crocodile is completely different than TEHOU and Arkangel is completely different than White Christmas.
That's all I can say.

Crocodile is completely different than TEHOU and Arkangel is completely different than White Christmas.
That's all I can say.

I mean yea.. from reading up on em.. but the tech the stories are based on and pieces of the episodes seem to overlap, or am I completely off base with that?

I probably won't be able to watch til next week.. the wireless where I'm at for the weekend is pretty crap

Regarding Gerbilgate

It’s absurd but then again so is memory imaging. I think they left the possibility open when the insurance chick was able to match the architect off of a blurry image. If the guinea pig did see the architect briefly, even if it was blurry, that might have been enough for a match.

Also, rodents are often used in experiments. I can believe for the purpose of the episode that a rodent could be used for this since that type of tech was probably used on rodents before it was made for the public. The term itself “guinea pig” is often used for people who have been experimented on or taken advantage of. Maybe pet mice would have been more appropriate but a guinea pig seems more plausible as a pet.

Hang The DJ

Okay episode a bit predictable. The girl even mentions the possibility of them being part of simulation.

Metalhead

Really liked this episode though I was hoping for more of a backstory. I know those dogs were based on actual robots that are around now. Was this some sort of hack gone wrong and it wiped out humanity? Could that many even be produced with the capability to wipe out humanity?

Black Museum

Episode was good but I think they spent too much time having the girl explain herself at the end. Once They showed her digital pops I knew they were related.

I like the callbacks to previous episodes in this one like the killer bees from Hated In The Nation, the bathtub from Crocodile, costume from White Bear, lollipop and DNA machine from USS Callister, St. Juniper Hospital. Gives the sense that this is all part of the same universe or maybe this is just a separate meta verse or whatever the ****.

It also feels like this episode was created from ideas that the writers didn’t think would work for an entire hour so they put them together to create a full hour. It worked for the most part.

Last edited:
Finally got done watching all episodes for this season. Out of the first watch.
1) Hang the DJ
2) Black Museum
3) USS
4) Arkangel
5) Crocodile
6) Metalhead ... I actually fell asleep through some parts so maybe i missed something but this was a pretty boring episode.

I thought USS Callister was dope. Only episode I've watched so far. 1 thing that bugged me was

Todd could do anything in the game, he was god. Able to magically change things and make people warp places, except when they flew the ship away from him? All the sudden he couldn't warp, he couldn't make them warp, he couldn't turn the ship into anything and was bound to the same laws everybody else was? I don't get that part. Small gripe, but yeah I enjoyed it. Was the temple chip thing the exact same technology from that haunted house big spider episode?

Looking forward to the end of the season reading about all the Easter eggs from past episodes. I love how everything keeps popping up and a lot of things exist in the same universe. Sorta Tarentino-esque with a touch of Marvel.
I get the gripe on Robert not being able to stop their progress when they were heading for the wormhole.
I don't care though.
Ep was fly then a mugg.

Whole Season is Legit GOAT.
Complaints about it not being up to par I don't get, at all
I have Black Museum left.
Hitting it now.

Regarding Gerbilgate

It’s absurd but then again so is memory imaging. I think they left the possibility open when the insurance chick was able to match the architect off of a blurry image. If the guinea pig did see the architect briefly, even if it was blurry, that might have been enough for a match.

Also, rodents are often used in experiments. I can believe for the purpose of the episode that a rodent could be used for this since that type of tech was probably used on rodents before it was made for the public. The term itself “guinea pig” is often used for people who have been experimented on or taken advantage of. Maybe pet mice would have been more appropriate but a guinea pig seems more plausible as a pet.

Hang The DJ

Okay episode a bit predictable. The girl even mentions the possibility of them being part of simulation.

Metalhead

Really liked this episode though I was hoping for more of a backstory. I know those dogs were based on actual robots that are around now. Was this some sort of hack gone wrong and it wiped out humanity? Could that many even be produced with the capability to wipe out humanity?

Black Museum

Episode was good but I think they spent too much time having the girl explain herself at the end. Once They showed her digital pops I knew they were related.

I like the callbacks to previous episodes in this one like the killer bees from Hated In The Nation, the bathtub from Crocodile, costume from White Bear, lollipop and DNA machine from USS Callister, St. Juniper Hospital. Gives the sense that this is all part of the same universe or maybe this is just a separate meta verse or whatever the ****.

It also feels like this episode was created from ideas that the writers didn’t think would work for an entire hour so they put them together to create a full hour. It worked for the most part.

Same thoughts on black museum, but didn't catch some of the callbacks.

Only watched hang the dj. It was ehh. Had a san junipero feel to it... and I didn't really like San junipero.
There is a, "We were meant to be" element for both of those episodes.

I only watched the First 4 of this season, Hang the DJ was my favorite.

San JUnipero is my favorite hour of tv ever in my life though

If this season was the first season of Black Mirror, I honestly don't know if I would have even made it through ...

Episodes are a letdown ...

yooooooooooo
last episode was :pimp:
black museum was the only good story this season
man it was soooo damn good

and i noticed almost al the callbacks
the bees
the iPad thing the mom used to watch her daughter
plus few others
that episode was good

At the beginning of Arkangel when the doctors take the baby away after birth and the mom panics...is there supposed to be something integral to the story happening here?

I think it’s meant to show the viewer that she is really cautious of her daughter and protective after first almost losing her as a baby and then again when she follows the cat. So two instances where there is good reason to input the implant.

But man. I thought she was a good 21 not 15 :lol:

Alright alright. I think this season has been a letdown so far. But the fact that I still enjoy what has been shown so far speaks to the quality of the show. There hasn't been nothing too bad, but metalhead was insulting :lol: I just watched a 40 minute chase sequence with no backstory or dialogue. Which is fine if this was a pilot episode. If they wanna do something like that, they need to have back to back episodes with longer seasons. I didn't get much of anything from this episode at all

Back
Top Bottom