The Official Celtics VS Magic Game 4 East Semi's 5/10 8:00PM EST. TNT. Magic 2-1

laugh.gif
at NT sports forum. some of you guys let your hatred for certain teams cloud your judgment. i think this series is a great opportunity for rondo and rayto really do some damage.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I always see people saying that "they're gonna be tired for next series." I just can't seem to remember a time when a team actually looked tired in the next series. I'm willing to accept that it would make sense that a team would be tired, but i just can't remember ever thinking this during a series.

Perkins does a pretty good job of defending Dwight in the post in man to man defense. Orlando's guards look pretty awful and Boston's guards are a strength. Will we see Courtney Lee with a shnoz mask this series or is he done? He is a good player that would be huge for them in defending Ray.

I think we're really seeing 2 of the best defensive centers in the league right here in this matchup.

I keep trying to analyze this series in depth, but it looks like Orlando will be easier to beat than Chicago. I just don't see how they beat us 4 times.
you've got to be kidding. Orlando easier than Chicago? there's a reason why the Magic won 20 more games than the Bulls.

Orlando is straight deadly from the perimeter. if they get hot from outside, they can run anybody in the NBA out of the building, and we've seen them do itto both Cleveland and LA.

they also play solid interior defense. the Celtics will not be getting easy baskets in the paint like they were doing against Chicago.

and you act like Perkins won't foul out in the first half against Dwight. Dwight will have a field day against Scalabrine while Perkins is on the bench.

also, while Pierce guards Hedo, who on the Celtics will guard Rashard Lewis? Big Baby? good luck with that...

this is just not a good matchup for this depleted Celtics team... they do have the backcourt advantage, and if Courtney Lee misses a game or two (best believehe won't sit the entire series) Boston has a better chance. you know Ray will probably go off at some point. but it won't matter in the end. Orlando in6.

roll.gif
@ boston believing that they can take out orlando when they got took to7 by no d bulls. maybe if you had KG, but let us be realistic.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

roll.gif
@ boston believing that they can take out orlando when they got took to 7 by no d bulls. maybe if you had KG, but let us be realistic.
roll.gif
at this fool forgetting that boston went 7 every round last year.

Wait, are we talking about the same Orlando team that was down 2-1 to the Sixers before the Sixers collapsed?

That Orlando team?

Banks is right - Orlando will be easier to beat than Chicago.

The matchups work in Boston's favor. Orlando will not be having a field day from the perimeter with Boston's defense.

I don't care what Orlando's regular season record is, either. The playoffs are a whole different situation.

The Bulls came in as a 7 seed and were playing like a 2 seed and went the distance with the defending champs.

I'm calling Celts in 6.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I always see people saying that "they're gonna be tired for next series." I just can't seem to remember a time when a team actually looked tired in the next series. I'm willing to accept that it would make sense that a team would be tired, but i just can't remember ever thinking this during a series..

The Suns in 2006.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

roll.gif
@ boston believing that they can take out orlando when they got took to 7 by no d bulls. maybe if you had KG, but let us be realistic.
roll.gif
They only went 6 against Detroit and LA
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this guy forgetting his favorite bball team doesnt kg. newyear, new story. you better cling on to last year because if your team ever gets past orlando, you'll get steam rolled by cleavland (yes you know it%100).

Magic in 6, maybe even 5. Don't see Beantown matchin up well w/ DH. Rashard Lewis and Paul Pierce should be an interesting matchup

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Magic in 6, maybe even 5. Don't see Beantown matchin up well w/ DH. Rashard Lewis and Paul Pierce should be an interesting matchup

Boston is going to have problems with Turk and Lewis.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Wait, are we talking about the same Orlando team that was down 2-1 to the Sixers before the Sixers collapsed?

That Orlando team?

You're sure the Sixers collapsed and that Orlando didn't turn it on, right? It couldn't have been Orlando playing better, just Sixers playingworse.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Boston is going to have problems with Turk and Lewis.

Yea, I'm sure Paul Pierce is going to have problems with Hedo.
eyes.gif
Boston fans are worried about Baby on Lewis. Lewis was able to drive past him in the regular season matchup and there's no reason to think that won'thappen now. Might see some Scalabrine early.

Magic fans gotta hope Stan has been working on some schemes to help Rafer out or Rondo is going to have a fun series.

Magic in 6...

finns2003..ya'll went 7 every time last year but you don't have KG now. It's different
ohwell.gif

some of you guys have no credibility. a sweep, really? gotta love the NT sports forum, where emotion>sports knowledge/logic

People overlook Rafer's defensive abilities, he will be able to slow down Rondo. Magic in 5.
pimp.gif

some of you guys have no credibility. a sweep, really? gotta love the NT sports forum, where emotion>sports knowledge/logic
A sweep is obviously taking it too far...but I don't think the Magic winning in 6 is that far of a stretch.

The stat that helped me form that prediction is the Celtics and the Magic have played each other four times this year..the season series is split 2-2. The twogames the Celtics lost, they didn't have Garnett.

Now we're in the 2nd round of the playoffs..and they aren't going to have Garnett for the entire series. Therefore, I'm taking the Magic to winsolely on that. With Garnett, the Celtics would probably win it in 6 or 7.

Just thought I'd tell you my reason for picking the Magic in 6...some people are just throwing out predictions without reasons.

Back
Top Bottom