The Official COD:MW2 Thread vol. X-hours left!

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

$85?! you wildin
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

On the real tho, if you have an xbox and you're paying 60 dollars for games you're losing

Just mod it, you can get the game right now.

I got mine done early in the summer for 20 bucks and a free game.
Plus the guy sells me games 5 for 20.

If your tech savy enough you could probably get the games yourself tho

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

On the real tho, if you have an xbox and you're paying 60 dollars for games you're losing

I hear it works awesome on X-Box Live.
laugh.gif

I modded mine on my own and got my copy from a cousin Sunday, beat it that night been having private matchesat the house all week, with my buds.

i don't mind supporting these video games that really put in the work. I only buy a few games a year, and I wait for reviews and such and don't wastemoney on terrible games. The amount of time and work and money that goes into developing and coding a game is really astonishing, I really don't have aproblem shelling out the money.

With music I am a little different - I still support the artists I really appreciate, but I like to actually listen to everything first before going out andbuying. So I see more of a need for pirating there. I think pirating of games is a bit OD personally, but i can't really judge too much - just realizethat there's really no other way game companies make money besides sales of games (unlike music who can tour and sell merch), so in a sense you really arecrippling the industry and forcing them to make cheaper, therefore worse, games.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

laugh.gif
...and add the fact that the fail rate on 360's are too damn high. I'm good with my warranty.. When that ends, I'll think aboutmodding it.

Craftsy21 wrote:
SoHi 23 wrote:

i don't mind supporting these video games that really put in the work. I only buy a few games a year, and I wait for reviews and such and don't waste money on terrible games. The amount of time and work and money that goes into developing and coding a game is really astonishing, I really don't have a problem shelling out the money.

Agreed. And with most stores having a pretty decent Trade In, you can have a carousel of games without having to shell out tooo much money.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

laugh.gif
...and add the fact that the fail rate on 360's are too damn high. I'm good with my warranty.. When that ends, I'll think about modding it.
Ive thought about it. But what is the likelyhood that you get banned from xbox live?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

i don't mind supporting these video games that really put in the work. I only buy a few games a year, and I wait for reviews and such and don't waste money on terrible games. The amount of time and work and money that goes into developing and coding a game is really astonishing, I really don't have a problem shelling out the money.

With music I am a little different - I still support the artists I really appreciate, but I like to actually listen to everything first before going out and buying. So I see more of a need for pirating there. I think pirating of games is a bit OD personally, but i can't really judge too much - just realize that there's really no other way game companies make money besides sales of games (unlike music who can tour and sell merch), so in a sense you really are crippling the industry and forcing them to make cheaper, therefore worse, games.

Thank you. People don't understand how much money time and effort go into video games. It's almost to the 100's million dollar mark for developmentcycle costs and people are working 80 hours a week on this stuff. As a developer I can say that leaks and piracy really affect the bottom line in manydifferent areas of the business. By stealing you're actually hurting the quality of future games since the high level execs only look at sales numbers.Studios and employees are not getting any other revenue other than the sale of the game. We don't get proceeds from re-sales and we don't get any moneyfrom merchandise or things like that.

It's one thing to jack a movie online and watch it in crappy/decent quality but it is not the same experience as seeing it in the theater. It's atotally other thing to steal a video game and play through it just as you would if you had purchased it. If you enjoy the game or you've played the demoand like it then spend the $50-$60 and pick it up or wait till it drops to 20-30 bucks. I agree you shouldn't have to waste your money on crappy games.There's a wealth of resources to determine if a game is of AAA standard or if it's just a poor excuse of fun using a movie license to push copies.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

laugh.gif
...and add the fact that the fail rate on 360's are too damn high. I'm good with my warranty.. When that ends, I'll think about modding it.
Ive thought about it. But what is the likelyhood that you get banned from xbox live?
Pretty high from what I've heard...

Man, i was talking to my boy and he told me that when halo 3 came out xbox live almost crashed.....

could this game possibly crash live? if not the PSN

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Man, i was talking to my boy and he told me that when halo 3 came out xbox live almost crashed.....

let's just say... i wouldn't expect a very smooth first night (or week) of xbox live.

Anytime there's a high level of people on (like around the holidays), the servers usually drag +$!.

Luckily - i'm pumped for the single player, so i can always just kick it on over to there if i have to.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

laugh.gif
Pretty high from what I've heard...
Yea thats what Ive heard too. Thats why I havent gone the mod route.

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Oh there will be issues, guaranteed. I believe it was difficult to get into a game on PSN when COD4 dropped... but it is usally cleared up prettyquick.

Just gives me reason to hop on single player for a while if I cant get online.

I buy 2 games max, a year. I'm not really tripping off modding a XBox. That would take me more time than stopping a video game store after work.

You make a quality product, then I'll support you.

Back
Top Bottom