THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

I didn’t see it mentioned but Spitta was in DC last month for the flower fest along with Dave East and Dizzy Wright, Berner was the headliner, dude started out playing pre roasted and the whole crowd went nuts. Played classic cuts from everything up till the Drive In Theater and held it down for a straight hour. Made me go back and listen to his old stuff all over again and I got reminded why I became a fan. It was also dope seeing the legendary Ski Beatz as well. Its been mentioned before but “Trap Spitta” needs to go away for a while, those beats are holding him back. I thought I saw Roddy their which would explain starting the show off with pre roasted but he never hit the stage

Last edited:
Did anyone go to the show in NYC last night? How was it?

I ended up not going and as weird as it sounds I'm kinda sad about it. Like a lot of you, I just haven't been into anything he's put out the past year or so. The thought of missing my favorite artists' show is upsetting, but with the weather and location, I just didn't make it out there last night. He used to tour NYC heavy from 2010-2014 ish or so but just hasn't been out here as much lately.

Here's to him dropping another studio album soon... I liked CSC a lot and that's probably the last project I could play front to back from him.

Did anyone go to the show in NYC last night? How was it?

I ended up not going and as weird as it sounds I'm kinda sad about it. Like a lot of you, I just haven't been into anything he's put out the past year or so. The thought of missing my favorite artists' show is upsetting, but with the weather and location, I just didn't make it out there last night. He used to tour NYC heavy from 2010-2014 ish or so but just hasn't been out here as much lately.

Here's to him dropping another studio album soon... I liked CSC a lot and that's probably the last project I could play front to back from him.

I can’t do B.B. Kings. I think he’s been doing mostly Pilot Talk stuff on this run tho

I know it has been several years, but I am still disappointed in Pilot Talk 3. Was listening to the first one today and the nostalgia was crazy

Man I slept on Route. Always thought dude was dope but been listening recently dude has been in pocket. Wish they would've stayed together, them other dudes are trash compared to trade & route

Man the og squad was lit

street wiz, roddy, and trademark.....

i still say street wiz got the illest flow out of all of them.

roddy's kenner loop is a slept on album also

Dont sleep on Fiend, he's pretty nice in small doses. On Pilot Talk 3, Iiked it a lot but none of the songs really stay with you like the previous entries. I maintain Pilot Talk 2 is the best one in series

haha i love fiend

it just amazes how he went from mr.whomp whomp to laid back fiend. I enjoy both actually.

I believe the sleeper of the crew is Corner Boy P dude can spit for days.

I also believe Le$ was a quite addition to the crew, but was def a carbon copy of Spitta and was never going to blow under him. Glad he is doing his own thing

Fiend is still nice, both in his aggressive and chill styles. Haven't listened to a full project in awhile from him though just cause so much music gets lost in the shuffle

Don't know if I can say one Pilot Talk is better than the other, but:
Roasted
Hold On
Alert

Some of my favorite Curren$y songs ever.

Thought there was a physical release at some point, or he did something similar to what Nipsey did with Crenshaw.

P voice can wear on you after a while, he's dope in small verses and may drop a few good solo joints but I cant bump a whole project consistently. I'm trying to figure why Le$ even left jetlife, he never really sounded like Spitta to me and I thought he sounded great on their in house production. We need the old crew back though

Spitta kind of fell off. You can only rap about shoes, weed, cars and *****es for so long. I don't anticipate his tapes like I used to.

His flow sounds like 50 on the Poppin' Them Thangs tips. I've never seen a beat Spitta can't skate over.

Back
Top Bottom