K: Stephen Gostkowski

D: New York Giants

Bench:

Daniel Thomas

Donovan Mcnabb

C.J. Spiller

Jacoby Ford

Roy Helu
Idk I really think you should get a really good quarterback this year, so i can't get down with Stafford...
Rest of your team I like, you just need McFadden to be strong like last year.
I'm really high on Stafford this year, I think he's going to do well. 
Yeah for sure, hopefully Michael Bush doesn't take away any goal line carries. Forgot to add that I drafted Reggie Bush as well. 

Edit: And good looks to AG 47 for that one website, pretty cool seeing all this in-depth info on my team 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

I just finished my draft.  I received the 2nd pick out of 10 teams.  Points Per Reception League.
Rate my squad:

QB:  Tom Brady

RB:  Jamaal Charles

RB:  Frank Gore

WR:  Andre Johnson

WR:  DeSean Jackson

TE:  Vernon Davis

Flex:  Chad OchoCinco

K:  Sebastian Janikowski

DEF:  Pittsburgh 

BN:  Mike Tolbert

BN:  Steve Smith (CAR)

BN:  Roy Williams (CHI)

BN:  Joe Flacco

BN:  Donald Driver

BN:  Ben Tate

BN:  Ricky Williams

BN:  Terrell Owens

I personally think my squad is beastly.  Let me know your opinion NT.  
pimp.gif

How the hell did you manage to get Tom Brady, Andre Johnson, and Jamaal Charles on the same team? You playing with dudes who don't watch football?

laugh.gif
In a ten team league with the #2 pick? That's legitimate, actually.

Any input?!  Thanks in advance.  
nerd.gif

I posted it before, but I didn't get much input. Please let me know how i did. 9th pick in a 10 man league:

QB: Shuab (4), Freeman (10)
RB: Mccoy (1), Moreno (6), JStew (, Lynch (11), Starks (12), Michael Bush (14)
WR: Roddy (2), Mike Wallace (3), Harvin (7), Amendola (15)
TE: Finley (5), A.Hernandez (13)
D/ST: Bears (9)
K: Crosby (16)

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I posted it before, but I didn't get much input. Please let me know how i did. 9th pick in a 10 man league:

QB: Shuab (4), Freeman (10)
RB: Mccoy (1), Moreno (6), JStew (, Lynch (11), Starks (12), Michael Bush (14)
WR: Roddy (2), Mike Wallace (3), Harvin (7), Amendola (15)
TE: Finley (5), A.Hernandez (13)
D/ST: Bears (9)
K: Crosby (16)
Good backs, I think Lynch will end up being good.
and your receivers are really good.

just hope Schuab plays well and you should be good

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by AG 47

You got my first two picks right. I took Andre in the first round (10 overall) and got McFadden in the second at 15, then on the next pass I went with Vincent Jackson in the third (34th), and got Felix Jones in the fourth round (39). I actually got Finley in the 5th round (58). Ahmad Bradshaw was taken right before that pick.

My goal was to maximize value for each pick. I wanted to have 1 elite RB and 1 elite WR after the first two rounds and then go RB, RB, in rounds 3 and 4 to pick up someone like LaGarret Blount, Felix Jones, Mark Ingram or Matt Forte, but there was a run on RBs and VJax fell to me. So I drafted him and was able to pick up Felix Jones in the fourth, which actually worked out perfect.

As for QBs, I didn't draft Stafford until the 8th round at pick 87 and I got Bradford in the 10th round at pick 111.

I think I was extremely lucky to get DMC, VJax, and hell even Andre Johnson where I did. I would prefer my flex to be a RB play, but Brandon Lloyd was the best fantasy WR last season and I got him in the 6th round. I think he is being way overlooked. In the third round I was 4 picks away from getting Hakeem Nicks. That would have been a robbery. Needless to say, I can't wait for the season to start.

Nice work altogether. I'm hoping to duplicate something similar come tomorrow. Passing TD are only worth 4 points in my 14 team league. So the idea of maximizing value early is beyond critical.

why do i think we're in the same league
nerd.gif
berkeley?
nerd.gif

Hey, we could be. I'm in two leagues....I'm almost scared to say the names now. I've said too much in this thread already
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
naw, but I'm in Handbanana (14 team league) and CPP ASCE league (10 team). You in one of those?

KnockoutNed - I think your team is solid. My only concern would be your RB's. I like Charles, but it's hard to tell with young players how much production carries over to following years.

Gore is real solid of course, but he always seems to miss games. This year probably won't be different because they still don't have a QB, so they will pound the run.

The other RB's are hit and miss depending on when/how they can find a way into the game. I do like Tolbert though. Mathews hasn't showed much and Tolbert is usually productive. Hold onto him for now.

Did my draft yesterday. Thanks to a lot of knucklehead picks (Dude picked Aaron Rodgers #1 overall, and then drafted Philip Rivers with his THIRD pick), I ended up with Kevin Kolb as my starting QB....don't know how I feel about that.

Rest of my squad:

Kevin Kolb
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Lagerette Blount - Flex
Desean Jackson
Steve Johnson
JerMichael Finlay
Giants D
Dan Carpenter

Bench:

Brandon Marshall
Ryan Grant
Reggie Bush
Malcolm Floyd
AJ Green

(Bench is only 5 people)

Thoughts? Especially on my QB situation? I did offer the dude who has Rivers on his bench a Mendenhall for Rivers trade...so we'll see. He has trash RBs.

You gotta get a QB to pair with Kolb. I'd look for Stafford or Bradford.

A lot of people aren't realizing how easy on paper Mendenhalls schedule looks. So I think he goes off this year and he is already an extremely consistent fantasy player. You should do work with Ray Rice, Mendy, and Blount as your core. DJax is inconsistent, but has a high ceiling and Steve Johnson is a good WR 2. I would drop Malcom Floyd for a QB and you should be good to go.
I had an 8 team auction draft yesterday with like 5 defensive players. I ended up with a crazy offensive team but it is only an 8 team league. I can't see that team being stopped.
laugh.gif

QBs- Roethlisberger and Freeman

RBs- Jamal Charles, Rashard Mendenhall, Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, Joesph Addai, Brandon Jacobs

WRs- Hakeem Nicks, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Johnny Knox, Lance Moore, Jacoby Ford

TE- Jermichael Finley

Yeah, both those QBs are gone. Kolb could have a monster year, or he could be a dud. He was looking good the other night, but it is preseason. I had Mendenhall last year, he was pretty good.   I'm counting on Marshall having a beig year.  I feel as if my entire team can be either hit or miss this year.

I had Finley as my #2 rated TE, and was able to get him in the 5th I think.

Calvin Johnson is
pimp.gif
. I had him last year and he was a beast.

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Originally Posted by jpap348

Thoughts on the squad? Picked 8th in a 12 team league.

QB (1)
Tom Brady
Joe Flacco

RB (2)
Steven Jackson
Tim Hightower
Marshawn Lynch
Michael Bush

WR (3)
Mike Williams (TB)
Kenny Britt
Danny Amendola
James Jones
Mike Williams (SEA)

TE (1)
Jermichael Finley

K (1)
Rob Bironas

D/ST (1)
CHI
not bad for a 12 team jpap. Some injury concers however with lynch, sjax, and even finley who suffered a sprained ankle on friday but I think he'll be fine. Your receivers could use some work though because you really have no clear #1 guy. You do have depth at RB especially for a 12 team league and I believe flacco will be a stud this year and finish in the top 10 along with stafford. Other than those things, pretty solid squad.
I've been debating on whether or not I should try to trade Brady to improve my WR's and add another RB.

Something like Brady/Amendola for Josh Freeman/Darren McFadden/Mike Wallace?
or Brady/Amendola/Marshawn Lynch for Stafford/Jennings/Gore?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Hot waiver wire pickups? Trying to field some opinions...

That TE out of St. Louis. I can't imagine too many people are drafting him just yet.

Stay tuned for more...

That TE out of St. Louis. I can't imagine too many people are drafting him just yet.

Stay tuned for more...

I have him on all teams. Also, Brent Celek. If he has a season like he a couple years ago, steal
pimp.gif

Stay tuned for more...

Also, Jared Cook the TE at Tennessee. He should get a lot of looks with Hasselback at QB. Even if Locker is in.Eric Decker, WR for Denver. JPZ, you probably already know about him, but he's injury free this year and should be a red zone threat.For PPR leagues don't sleep on Leon Washington either. Should bounce back after last season which was his first full year after injury.

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

12 man league....last pick

you need 2 qb's, 4 rb's, 6 wr/te (all are a flex), 2 k
alien.gif
, 2 def 
alien.gif

Starters are: QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE (all flex), K, Def

QB
Matt Cassel
Colt McCoy

RB
Peyton Hillis
Felix Jones
Beanie Wells
Brandon Jacobs

WR/TE
Andre Johnson
Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall
AJ Green
Lee Evans
Owen Daniels

K
Stephen Gostkowski
Kris Brown

DEF
ATL
TAMPA
quoted for insecurity
laugh.gif
any commentary?

Eric Decker, WR for Denver

I'd be concerned in John Fox's system though. I envision those guys running the ball 30 times a game.

Not to mention the depth they have at WR. Lloyd, Thomas, Royal, and then Decker? But he's doing well in preseason though. Keep an an eye out.

Also, I think Fitzpatrick is a sleeper at QB for Buffalo. I really like what he did last year.

I hear good things about Johnny Knox this year. Specifically that he should be taking Roy Williams spot as a starter soon. His speed and with Cutler, watch out for him.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Stay tuned for more...

Also, Jared Cook the TE at Tennessee. He should get a lot of looks with Hasselback at QB. Even if Locker is in.Eric Decker, WR for Denver. JPZ, you probably already know about him, but he's injury free this year and should be a red zone threat.For PPR leagues don't sleep on Leon Washington either. Should bounce back after last season which was his first full year after injury.
This^^
id also look at: 

TO (i think some team will pick him up)

Danario Alexander (WR Rams) -my sleeper pick

Eric Decker, WR for Denver

I'd be concerned in John Fox's system though. I envision those guys running the ball 30 times a game.

Not to mention the depth they have at WR. Lloyd, Thomas, Royal, and then Decker? But he's doing well in preseason though. Keep an an eye out.

Also, I think Fitzpatrick is a sleeper at QB for Buffalo. I really like what he did last year.

I hear good things about Johnny Knox this year. Specifically that he should be taking Roy Williams spot as a starter soon. His speed and with Cutler, watch out for him.
Regarding Knox, I would go with Earl Bennett. Dude has been tearing it up

Also, Derek Hagan (WR) for Oakland. He's looking like the most reliable receiver. One of my top sleeper's at WR

Picked up Ben Tate this morning because he was still available. Dude has been doing WORK this pre-season and with Arian Foster's hamstring issues, it could be a great pick up.
pimp.gif

DRAFT DAY!

Ight guys I have the #5 pick in a 12 team standard ESPN league, I have decided on best RB available for RD 1.

If Rice falls to me I'm content but in the likelihood he is scooped up 3-4 who do you guys go with from : Charles, McCoy, MJD.

Please provide a brief reasoning as to why

Do you guys think Antonio Brown is a threat to Mike Wallace as far as getting receptions? I mean Brown has been a beast this preseason and Wallace hasn't done squat.

Back
Top Bottom