The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Skip Berrian and look to see if Michael Jenkins is available in your league. Berrian is a deep threat, but I'm certain Jenkins is going to get more receptions and looks in Minny than Berrian.

Originally Posted by ImNacho

So Tony Moeaki is out for the season (My starting TE is Brandon Prettigrew), for who I should drop him? I'm in a 16 team league and pretty good drafters so it's pretty deep...

TE Ed Dickson (Bal)
WR Bernard Berrian
RB Anthony Dixon (Have Frank Gore and handcuffed him with Kendall Hunter could secure him more xD)
or sugest my a really deep player :/

Ed Dickson,Lance Kendricks, Kyle Rudolph for TE

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

^ I'd pick Heap up personally. He proved last year that he's still got it and he's Kolb's best option after Fitz. I think he could end up having a great season.

Second this. It seems strange to say Heap is a sleeper, but he is. Kolb is underrated as it stands now anyways, and with the year I believe he'll have, his success will almost certainly benefit Heap.

Appreciate the input. I'm hoping a duo of Heap/Hernandez is enough to solidify my TE position.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Skip Berrian and look to see if Michael Jenkins is available in your league. Berrian is a deep threat, but I'm certain Jenkins is going to get more receptions and looks in Minny than Berrian.

whyte1der05five wrote:
Originally Posted by ImNacho

So Tony Moeaki is out for the season (My starting TE is Brandon Prettigrew), for who I should drop him? I'm in a 16 team league and pretty good drafters so it's pretty deep...

TE Ed Dickson (Bal)
WR Bernard Berrian
RB Anthony Dixon (Have Frank Gore and handcuffed him with Kendall Hunter could secure him more xD)
or sugest my a really deep player :/

Ed Dickson,Lance Kendricks, Kyle Rudolph for TE

Thanx... Going with Jenkins as a bench WR...
smokin.gif

hey anybody wanna join my league the draft is on Wednesday, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:00pm the league name is Gametime2k12

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

got the #2 pick in my 10 team league. Who's good value at that position?
#12 GBP. Book it. j/k- thats my heart and Packer bias talking. I would probably take C.Johnson or Jamaal Charles but I don't know scoring in your league.  Foster is a risk and Peterson is a name, but I don't know how much support he really has with that Offense right now.  Other options would be Ray Rice, Mike Vick, or possibly MJD.  For upside, I prefer Jamaal Charles or Johnson.  There just arent many other backs who will get that kind of workload and have the ability to peel of 50-60 yard runs a couple times a game.

I have 3rd pick in my 100$ fantasy league tmrw who should I take..?

Mike Vick?
Chris Johnson?
Jamal Charles?

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Its QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, K

now i'm even more confused guys. which Team looks better:

Team Before: Shuab, McCoy, Moreno, Percy, Roddy, Wallace, Finley, Bears D, Crosby
or
Team After: Shuab, McCoy, Moreno, DJAx or Wayne, Roddy, Wallace, A.Hernandez, Bears D, Crosby 
It all depends on how much faith you have in Finley. If you think he'll have an Antonio Gates/Dallas Clark kind of year, I'd say keep him, because 1 of those 4 WR's you'll end up with will have to sit on the bench anyways.

On the other hand, Winslow and Hernandez are definitely servicable TE's (although I'd rather have Gronkowski because of the TD factor) and your team will obviously gain depth if you take the trade, so it comes back down to how much you like Finley.

I personally tend to stay away from the high-level TE's becase of the risk/reward factor. You're putting all your eggs in one basket instead of spreading the risk out more evenly amongst your team. For example, when Clark and Gates got injured last year, both of those teams were screwed in my league.
To be honest, i really don't know what I feel about Finley. On one side, I keep thinking he's injury prone and will probably get injured again. On the other side, I keep thinking of how much Rodgers loves him.

But you're right, if he goes down, I'm pretty screwed. Yea, I know A.Hernandez isn't Gates/Clark, but he's not a scrub either.

I'm still torn, but this is one of those deals that can make/break a season

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

#12 GBP. Book it. j/k- thats my heart and Packer bias talking. I would probably take C.Johnson or Jamaal Charles but I don't know scoring in your league.  Foster is a risk and Peterson is a name, but I don't know how much support he really has with that Offense right now.  Other options would be Ray Rice, Mike Vick, or possibly MJD.  For upside, I prefer Jamaal Charles or Johnson.  There just arent many other backs who will get that kind of workload and have the ability to peel of 50-60 yard runs a couple times a game.

What?! Peterson in a regular season is a monster, let alone in a contract year.

If by ANYYYYYY chance Peterson doesn't get taken #1 overall, you take him without a doubt.

If he is taken #1, you take CJ. Foster is a one and done, I don't believe in Vick this year, and Charles/MJD/Rice still aren't better than CJ.

Thanks for the advice, I do believe in Vick still. He has potential to be fantasy MONSTER.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Thanks for the advice, I do believe in Vick still. He has potential to be fantasy MONSTER.
Yea he COULD be, but that offensive line is just a mess. I really don't know how many more hits he can take. Plus, defenses have adjusted already. And to top it all off, last year was a Fairy Tale year for him. Kolb gets knocked out vs GB, then he comes in, does great, then takes over, then has an MVP type year, and gets paid.

Oh, and that's another reason I don't believe in him much, he got paid. That's just me.

Mike Vick?
Chris Johnson?
Jamal Charles?

I say Jamaal Charles. Vick is a risky pick and I'm not too high on Chris Johnson this year. 

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Mike Vick?
Chris Johnson?
Jamal Charles?

I say Jamaal Charles. Vick is a risky pick and I'm not too high on Chris Johnson this year. 
Not sure about Charles being worth a #3 pick. He's still not gonna be the work horse, I'm expecting another  >300 carries season. I'm assuming Thomas Jones will also get the majority of the goaline carries so that will limit his TDs too. He's still a top ten pick but I'd say not a good value for #3 overall.

Safe choice IMO is Chris Johnson, maybe Ray Rice.

Do you guys think James Starks will take the starting role over Grant this year?

That would be like Carolina not signing back D-Will and then making Mike Goodson the starter for this season. Starks just had the year of his life, he's a decent 2nd or 3rd RB on your football team (not fantasy football). Ryan Grant is 10x the player that Starks is.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Do you guys think James Starks will take the starting role over Grant this year?

That would be like Carolina not signing back D-Will and then making Mike Goodson the starter for this season. Starks just had the year of his life, he's a decent 2nd or 3rd RB on your football team (not fantasy football). Ryan Grant is 10x the player that Starks is.
I thought the same, until that rumor that the Packs were ready to release Grant. Plus, every article I read about Grant from preseason games have said that he's lost a couple steps.

Here is my 100$ league team, I was %%!#*!% pissed because my computer froze and I got stuck with Arian Foster 3rd on autopick

Give me some feedback

QB-Romo
RB-Arian Foster
RB-Frank Gore
WR-Kenny Britt
WR-Dwayne Bowe
WR-Jeremy Maclin
TE-Dustin Keller
DST-Saints

Reserves
WR- Austin Collie
WR-AJ Green
RB-Ryan Grant
RB- LT

thoughts?

Here is my 100$ league team, I was %%!#*!% pissed because my computer froze and I got stuck with Arian Foster 3rd on autopick

Give me some feedback

QB-Romo
RB-Arian Foster
RB-Frank Gore
WR-Kenny Britt
WR-Dwayne Bowe
WR-Jeremy Maclin
TE-Dustin Keller
DST-Saints

Reserves
WR- Austin Collie
WR-AJ Green
RB-Ryan Grant
RB- LT

thoughts?
QB is good, Foster + Gore is great (if Foster can stay healthy and have a season similar to last season), Your WR's have potential, but i'm not completely sold. Overall, it's a decent team, but it could be Alot better.

anybody that wants in my yahoo fantasy league (free) draft is tonight at 8. league id: 596836 pw: tcap
14 team max and we're only at 5 right now, everyone is welcome to join!

Had a so-so draft last night. 12 team league

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Michael Vick (Phi - QB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](17)[/td] [td]Roddy White (Atl - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](32)[/td] [td]Felix Jones (Dal - RB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](41)[/td] [td]Antonio Gates (SD - TE)[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](56)[/td] [td]Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](65)[/td] [td]Percy Harvin (Min - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](80)[/td] [td]Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](89)[/td] [td]Matt Cassel (KC - QB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](104)[/td] [td]San Diego (SD - DEF)[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](113)[/td] [td]Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](128)[/td] [td]Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](137)[/td] [td]Rob Bironas (Ten - K)[/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](152)[/td] [td]Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)[/td][/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td](161)[/td] [td]Earl Bennett (Chi - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]15.[/td] [td](176)[/td] [td]Josh Brown[/td][/tr][/table]
I had to leave after the Bironas pick, so im probably gonna have to fix the last two picks.

ok this is my big 14 team PPR league
i had the 1st pick

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB/WR: Shonn Greene
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Wes Welker
WR/TE: Julio Jones
TE: Greg Olsen
PK: Matt Bryant
D/ST: Giants
BN: