The Official H-TOWN Post - Sneaker Summit WINTER 10 @ Meridian December 27th 2009

^ Yeah I'm down for saturday. Count me and my two friends in.
pimp.gif

Made some calls & I found out that the Rec will be closed for X-Mas break. If peeps are still down, I can have acourt for the Saturday after, Jan. 5. I'll still check out some places & try to see availability and pricing for a court on Dec. 29.

You guys could always do http://westhoustonindoor.com/ again.
They are pretty much the same price, but on the NW side.
I would give them a call.
I know a few peeps are coming in from out of town for the Summit, and would be down to ball.
Maybe we could do some BBQ action too if the weather cooporates.
pimp.gif

Kadoma I sent you an email bro hit me back when you get the chance. Same email as before.

Just a heads up... 30 + customs will be on display. 20+ will be new/unseen.

smile.gif

^get ready sucka...
aint seen u in half a yr now...
bring the HEATTTT
devil.gif

p.s here's some summit ettiqqqeutte.........

fellas...
PLEASE do not refer to anyone by their s.n ...once u get therre real name..
matter fact,please,juss dont ask...
lol,internet nerds.

We are very excited to announce that Texas' own Cultura Fina and Stones Throw Records have been added to the list of sponsors!
All the goodies are starting to pour in
pimp.gif

THERE IS ONLY ROOM FOR 30 TABLES MAX IN THE VENUE AND WE ALREADY HAVE 25 RESERVED.
THEREFORE IF YOU HAVENT CONTACTED US OR CONFIRMED YOUR TABLE YET...YOU NEED TO DO IT SOON!

Im hoping you guys can make this Bball thing happen.

Ayo Kadoma, that place you posted earlier... how much is it to rent out a court? And for how long?

My nephew used to practice there for aau
I think it was about $30 an hour to rent a full court.
If we do $5 a person we should be good for about 1.5-2 hours,
but we probably need to put a call in and see if they will be open and if the rates are the same.
The guy i used to speak to was named Bill.
They also have a nice big screen tv/ lounge in there and a tiny snack bar,
but if the weather cooperates i will try to get some bbq action going outside.

btw,
I just want to take a second to thank our sponsor Nort Recon for reppin H-Town!
You guys can check out our Summit flyer on their newly relaunched website under 'news'.
RECONSTORE.COM

You can also check it out on their Myspace.
Make sure you add them to your friends list to receive bulletin updates from Nort Recon!
NORT RECON MYSPACE

For those that dont know, Nort Recon, Co-Owned by World Renowned Graffiti Artists; Stash and Futura, is one of the Worlds most premieresneaker boutiques, as well as one of the few to hold a Nike Teir 0 account.
Please continue supporting us, by supporting all of our sponsors so we can continue to do it big, and hopefully bigger here in Texas.
Make sure you drop them a note that the H-Town Sneaker Summit sent you, and that you appreciate their support of Texas Sneaker Culture!

RECON
Brooklyn, NY 11211
USA

Phone: 1-718-384-6420
Fax: 1-718-384-6131

Make sure to email [email protected] to thank them for supportingTexas Sneaker Culture!

I got your message, but not a txt. My phone is blowing up a bit right now so I apologize for slacking on returning your call.
I should have some stuff coming your way shortly.

To everyone,
I wish I had time to personally contact all of you, but please understand we are extremely busy planning and promoting this event.
By now all of you should get the idea of what we are trying to do here.
We have taken big steps to elevate the culture here in Texas,
and finally with everyones help and support we are earning some World Wide respect.
Dont stand by and feel ignored, we want you to be involved, so hit me up.
Call the cell or email is in the sig below.

I'm going to come to this one ...

Maybe if I say it enough, it will happen this year.
laugh.gif

Kadoma, I will make a guest appearance for the show. I will only be browsing though.

KBIZZLE- I hope your LBJ customs are up to par w/ my taste. I hope you disappointment me.

Im glad Fred and Dill are going to grace us with their presence.
Id really like to see you guys with some display action, but if you just want to come have a good time I can definitely understand that.

DJ Oakcliff and I went to a concert at the venue this week and it solidified my confidence that this place is going to be dope.
I also got a sneak peak of DJ Cipher and Oakcliff rehearsing at The Grab on Friday.
They got the crowd hyphy with the quickness
pimp.gif

I am really looking forward to this event.

You guys really need to get at me about the tables, spots are filling fast, and all the new comers are trying to hop on as fast as they can.
I can also email you a pdf of the rough layout so you can pick your spot.

I also want to take this time to introduce or new sponsor Akomplice Clothing.

AKOMPLICE-CLOTHING.COM

You can find Akomplice Clothing at our boutique sponsors; Premium Goods and Adikt.

or you can also purchase it online here.

Also dont forget to add Akomplice Clothing to your Myspace Friends!

Make sure to email [email protected] to thank them for supporting TexasSneaker Culture!

Im pretty sure that the price will remain the same at the door, but the free coupon and raffle ticket will not be included. However raffle tickets willstill be available inside at an extra charge. The Pre-Sale tickets are an incintive to get you guys to support the two local shops that offer the most supportto us. The pre-sale tickets are by far the best deal, and if you use the coupon right your admission should pay for itself and then plus some. Not to mentionthe fact that there will still be lots of free goodies inside that in my opinion are well worth the price of admission alone.
You guys have to understand the reason stores and brands sponsor us is because they hope to see some attention, support, and love from our attendees in return.
The more you show, the more we get in return. And ideally the Summit will keep growing to be bigger and better with every event.
Please remember with out our sponsors support none of this is possible.

If you have trouble getting out to get pre-sale tickets hit me up in the email below and I will see what I can do.

Its getting bigger and bigger every year. I first attended the Winter Summit of 06....it was nothing compared to the ones now. I will be in attendance. Cantwait. Good work Kodoma and Brawnz

Oh Yea...
Friday Night Before The Summit...
A little something for the Grown Folks!

Hoop summit...?

How much are tickets to this summit. You guys are doing this for profit now, it aint the same man. What happened to the love of the game.?

I was thinking maybe we could have the hoop summit at the park/court in front of the Toyota Center at that new outdoor court if the weather cooperates, butIm not sure how the traffic is there on an average Saturday.

The pre-sale tickets to the summit are $10 and available only at Premium Goods and Kicks.
Pre-Sale tickets come with a raffle ticket for the event, and a 15% off coupon (w no exclusions) for the stores above.
That means if your gonna buy another pair of sneakers in the next 6 months, you already made your entry fee back.
Ive tried my best to work creatively with our sponsors to make sure everyone gets their moneys worth and then some.
Not to mention all the free giveaways that we will have inside are worth the entry fee alone.

As far as doing this for profit...
Check out other sneaker related events of this magnitude and see if any of them are free.
I myself have been working on this event for hours a day for nearly 2 months now.
Not to mention the fact that I couldnt do it with out the help from several other people.
And Im tired of begging; DJs, Promoters, Graphic Artist, and Club Owners to perform and operate for free or for love.
We have already done that for several years and I think we rode that horse as far as it will go.

The summit has doubled in size with almost every event.
And now its damn near impossible to find a place where everyone can all fit in a single room for free.
If you want to get together with a bunch of dudes in a sports bar/restraraunt where only a handful of them actually bring some shoes,
just hit me up on the email below and Im sure a few of us would do that on any day of the week.
But the summit only happens twice a year and we are trying to make the most of it.
We should be appreciative that Houston holds the biggest and best sneaker summits anywhere.
People have started travelling religiously to this event from Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Louisiana, NYC, and Cali, etc.
It also has more sponsors and giveaways than damn near all the other sneaker related events combined.
If that isnt worth something to you then...
What happened to the love of the game.?

Here are a few FAQs that Ive been getting on the Summit.
Hopefully this will help everyone to get ready to make the most of the Summit!

What is the H-Town Sneaker Summit?
The H-Town Sneaker Summit is the longest running event of its kind in the great State of Texas. The H-Town Sneaker Summit is a Bi-Annual Event held in Houston,TX each Summer and Winter, where sneaker enthusiast from all walks of life gather to buy, sell, trade, display, and discuss rare and exclusive sneakers andclothing.

Do I need to buy a Pre-Sale Ticket to Get In The Summit?
Pre-Sale Tickets are a special bundled package made available by our main boutique sponsors; Premium Goods, and Kicks. A Pre-Sale Ticket features; OneAdmission, One Exclusive 15% Off Coupon for PG or Kickz, and One Raffle Ticket for the Summit. Everyone who purchased a pre-sale ticket will also have accessto the express entrance line. If you are unable to get out to these retailers to buy a Pre-Sale Ticket before the Summit, Admission and Raffle Tickets will bestill be sold separately at the event.

I only have a couple of shoes to sell, or trade, do I need a vendors table?
Each Attendee is allowed to bring in up to 4 pairs of shoes to buy, sell, or trade. However you will be responsible for all of your items while inside theevent so we encourage you to only bring what you can handle. All items are subject to search and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Fraud, Fakeshoes, and foul business practice will not be tolerated.

Will there be any shoes or clothing for sale at the Summit?
This season we have more vendors than ever. There will be an abundance of rare and exclusive shoes, clothing, caps, etc. for sale in the event.Many of which you may not be able to find in stores. The Summit will also feature exclusive Summit merchandise and unreleased 2008 items.

What kind of Raffle Items or Free Giveaways will be at the Summit?
This season we have more Raffle Items and Free Giveaways than ever including; Shoes, Tees, Hoodies, Caps, Backpacks, Gift Cards, Magazines, CDs , Stickers, KeyChains, Posters, Pens, etc. Many of the Free Giveaways are worth the price of admission alone! And some of the Raffle Items are worth over 100 times a singleraffle tickets value! Of course we are going to leave room for a few surprises.
wink.gif

How do I get VIP service at the Summit?
VIP service is reserved for those attendees who are 21+ and request bottle service. You can start by emailing [email protected] and tell us how many people are in your party and your bottle of choice.

Back
Top Bottom