The Official Houston Rockets Off-Season Thread: Melo open to multi-deal year with Rockets

Aaron Brooks.
pimp.gif

Sign Ron. Hope to God Tmac comes back healthier than ever.
Find a back up Center asap.
Deke you will be missed!
Get rid of Brian Cook
Some how get OJ MAYO!

I pray that Tmac can come back healthy and not have any more issues with that knee. If he's healthy, he can be a star once again.

Drunken Cow you're right we def. need to get a center, but we need an athletic young back up center. I know Morey can get it done, the dude is a wizard.

yea rockets need back up center because chuck hayes starting for yao is ridiculous. i mean i know he can play some D but cmon... dude is 6'6...

Trade TMac for a solid swing man and decent back up center.

As I've said before, with his history of injuries, age and now the microfracture surgery, I think TMac's done (or close to it). Why wait for the 2010facade when you need help right now?

i hope tmac comes back healthy,
so we can all see the damage they would do....

They did good with what they had but we need a good backup center, a better point guard.. Also t-mac gonna get paid 23 mill. next year he either plays realgood to try and get another contract not maybe with us unless we win the ship or if he's hurt all the time again then he will be done..

I don't think there's much we need to do other than get some bigs. No need to panic about the Tmac situation, just let it play out.

Also we need to keep James White on the team as long as possible so he can win the dunk contest in a rockets jersey
laugh.gif

Whats Yao offseason look like, he doesnt have the Olympics this year like last but is he still playing at all this summer
Hope Tracy doesnt rush the rehab and just comes back at the right time.
Ron needs to be resigned and work on his jumper if he is going to continue to shot all day.
The playoffs were a coming out party for brooks
Need a back up C. whats out there?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Also we need to keep James White on the team as long as possible so he can win the dunk contest in a rockets jersey
laugh.gif

Whats Yao offseason look like, he doesnt have the Olympics this year like last but is he still playing at all this summer
Hope Tracy doesnt rush the rehab and just comes back at the right time.
Ron needs to be resigned and work on his jumper if he is going to continue to shot all day.
The playoffs were a coming out party for brooks
Need a back up C. whats out there?
Yao will not participate in any activities with the Chinese National Basketball team. Here's the link.
As far as a backup C Morey will most likely suprise us and pull something of of his %+%, I trust that he'll fill any hole this team has.

like many have mentioned:

role players are there, just need a healthy foundation
limit yao minutes, find a backup, but dont overpay (rasheed? gortat?). have him skip back to backs?
let tracy heal up, and play out his contact
resign ron ron, von (artest good behavior opened up many more options)
continue to develop AB and the young players

go finish the job next season

plus rick adelman did one hell of a job with what he got

edit:james white will win that dunk contest if he is still on the roster, and in the contest
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

We could have had pryzbilla as a backup if we would have never traded him for jason collier garbage trade we did.. But yeah just need some role players andthe stars to stay healthy..

I think James White got signed until the end of next season. Not sure if its guaranteed.

I wouldn't trade T-Mac away as the Rockets will be probably not get an even exchange.

Will need some help on offense if T-Mac does not heal back to full strength though.

Originally Posted by JO HOUSTONE

We could have had pryzbilla as a backup if we would have never traded him for jason collier garbage trade we did.. But yeah just need some role players and the stars to stay healthy..
You're not talking about the Joel Pryzbilla that was with Portland and teamed up with Steve Blake to get wins for Houston right?

Said it once and I'll say it again: NEW MEDICAL STAFF.

The rockets are good

sign ron to like a 3year 30 million deal
play t-mac 30 minutes a game and have him rest 1 out of every 6 games, just so hes rested
The rockets could pick up a player like channing Frye, not the strongest player, but hes 6-10 and can make an outside shot

they should be good even if tracy is there or not

Yao must be the offense

im not a rockets fan, but would the rockets trade t mac and his expiring contract to a team like the knicks for eddy curry, and his 2 years left, eddy would bea serviceable player for the rockets, especially if yao gets injured

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

im not a rockets fan, but would the rockets trade t mac and his expiring contract to a team like the knicks for eddy curry, and his 2 years left, eddy would be a serviceable player for the rockets, especially if yao gets injured

We dont want Curry.
The 2 Months we would have Tracy + the cap space after the season>anything Curry could give us.

First of all, props to the Rockets for battling to 7 games against LA.

Going into the series, I honestly thought LA would beat them easily. But once Hou won Game 1 and almost pulled off Game 2, I thought the Rox had a legitchance to win it in 6.

I was certain that the Rockets had Game 2 in the bag until some tomfoolery took place.
tired.gif

Anyhow, that's all in the past.

As for the future, the first priority is:

- to get a big man. It's secretly been the Rockets' Achilles for the longest time. Stromile Swift,Juwan Howard, Mo Taylor, Marcel Lampe, Ryan Bowen, Scott Padgett, Vin Baker, Clarence Weatherspoon, Kelvin Cato.... These are the main backup C's +PF's the Rockets have had since Yao has been in H-Town.
sick.gif

Deke was solid in his years in Hou. But he was old as dirt. It's a disgrace that the Rockets organization - knowing Yao's injury history - have neverbothered to get a semi-decent back-up at the Center position. Honestly, even a guy like Joe Smith would have been effective in this series.

Some FA big men:
Leon Powe - (restricted)
Birdman
Sheed
Nesterovic
Chris Mihm
Chris Wilcox
Ratliff - (not really a good option b/c he'll basically be Deke 2.0)
Raef LaFrentz
Drew Gooden
Paul Millsap
The Collins twins

I'm sure the mid-level can be offered to - and taken by - one of those guys.

Second issue:

- Sign a veteran point guard. Ok fine, Brooks is still learning the ropes and has shown flashes of becoming asolid guard. Lowry... not so much. But that was part of Houston's problem this series. The inconsistency of the point guards hurt in key stretches.Especially at the start of Game 7. Too many unforced turnovers. (Brooks jumping in the air for too many passes for instance). A vet like Cassell or Marbury(once he has a full training camp under his belt) would greatly benefit the Rockets. A guy who is content with PASSING THE BALL TO YAO yet who is able to take- and hit - big shots when needed. Before Yao went down, Brooks and Lowry had difficulty getting the rock to Yao and would too often settle for jacking up somelong-range shot.
smh.gif

I'm still not convinced that Brooks is that good or if it simply was the tendency of the Lakers (specifically Derek Fisher) to allow opposing point guardsto go off on them. A veteran guard would benefit him.

Finally:

- Resign Artest and Wafer. Rick obviously gets the most out of Ron Ron and that relationship seems to work.Bring him back. Wafer is nothing more than a glorified chucker. He brings NOTHING else to the team except "instant buckets". No rebounds. No in your%%$ D. No assists. Etc. But with McGrady's status uncertain for the start of next season, the Rox pretty much have no choice but to resign Wafer.Definitely not to a long term deal though as he'll probably get lazy with a nice contract.

Back
Top Bottom