The Official.... I Don't Get The Appeal People Have For __________ Thread

Ghostface: I used to love Wu just like the next man, but people can not explain to me that this guy makes any sense anymore

"scientific, my man hit it, robotic gif and mogoto biscuits.....I click clack and cartwheel kick it"

(I know that ain't a real ghost lyric but sounds like some of the stuff he be saying)

I was thinking about Nutmeg when I made my post...I just made up some similar lyrics to show how stupid that dude really be sounding sometimes

That's one of the things that makes Ghost so dope and sets him apart from so many other MCs. First of all, not all of his songs are like that, a lot arevery easy to understand and contain some of the greatest story telling ever in rap. But songs like Nutmeg and One are dope because they aren't easy tounderstand right away. They're like when an artist paints a great abstract picture, the painter knows what his message in the painting is, but the observerdeciphers it in it's own way and gives it it's own meaning, never really knowing exactly what the real meaning is. It's called creativity,something that is heavily lacking in hip hop today.

Clipse- I never seen the hype with these dudes

Joe Budden- Boring

T.I.- Other than Trap Muzik he's pretty much average and overhyped

Chamillionaire- See Joe Budden

I forgot:

Nelly - Trash. His songs are garbage. After 01/02 Everything he released was straight trash.

Every American Idol winner except Kelly Clarkson - Kelly Clarkson is the only one that is actually good.

Ciara - She couldn't sing to save her life.

Lil' Kim - I can't stand to hear her voice.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Clipse- I never seen the hype with these dudes

Joe Budden- Boring

T.I.- Other than Trap Muzik he's pretty much average and overhyped

Chamillionaire- See Joe Budden

Clipse - they are very talented and lyrical but become very repetitive and stale with their topics at times.

T.I. - I think tip is mad underated he can rap fast,slow,medium...very versatile and lyrical he got the full package IMO.

Hyphy movement,and i'm from the bay
tired.gif

But songs like Nutmeg and One are dope because they aren't easy to understand right away. They're like when an artist paints a great abstract picture, the painter knows what his message in the painting is, but the observer deciphers it in it's own way and gives it it's own meaning, never really knowing exactly what the real meaning is. It's called creativity, something that is heavily lacking in hip hop today.
GTFOHWTBS
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Yeah this is some great abstract music...
Scotty watty cop it to me, big microphone hippie
Hit Poughkepsie crispy chicken verbs throw up a stone richie

or better yet...

Scooby snack jurassic plastic gas booby trap
Ten years workin for me, you wanna tap $%@!?
Bung bung bung! Your bell went rung rung rung!
Staple-Land's where the ambulance don't come

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

They need to take it back to 78-98 when it was impossible to get a deal, u had to be beyond nice, or bug 1000 labels to get on.. to much lets start a label andcome out with whack !@@ stuff these days !@@ really started after 02 when sons could figured out/could afford pro tools. worst part is after 2010 theres gonnabe double the artists out thats out now word to myspace. how many new rappers dropped a album or mixtape mainstream since like 03 its over 100 new artist iguarantee it man. *cam* shyyyyyts disgustin

Originally Posted by grittyman20

But songs like Nutmeg and One are dope because they aren't easy to understand right away. They're like when an artist paints a great abstract picture, the painter knows what his message in the painting is, but the observer deciphers it in it's own way and gives it it's own meaning, never really knowing exactly what the real meaning is. It's called creativity, something that is heavily lacking in hip hop today.
GTFOHWTBS
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

or better yet...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

W.T.F!?!?

Joe Buddens - They way everybody was pumping up MM3 I was expecting to be all into it and *#!! but that mixtape was so damn wack.... I just could not get inthe Mood
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

GTFOHWTBS
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

or better yet...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

I remember reading a Ghost interview where he basically said that almost everything on Nutmeg meant absolutely nothing. SMH at dudes sitting around trying todecipher his nonsensical babble.

Back to topic though, and off the top....

Buddens -- I promise you I've tried to like dude many, many times. He sucks IMO.
The Game -- Never bought the hype. He's good for a few listens and after that, I don't even know where to find his bootlegged disc in my collection.
Shyne -- Another dude who I never bought in to. Variant Biggie Smalls.
Saigon/Jae Millz/Papoose/Uncle Murda/Murda Mook/etc. -- Oh, you're next to blow? Word? SIT DOWN!!! You'll drop 42 mixtapes and won't do a damnthing more. Glimpses of greatness, but overall a letdown.
Beans -- Never really liked his flow like that. He has had some ill tracks though, but overall....bleh.

Wu-tang

present day Lil Wayne. after Dedication 2 he went down hill.

Jay-Z SOMETIMES. I like the majority of his music but some people take it way to far with the Jay-Love same goes for Nas

def. dont seen the reason of the obsession with ghostface.

lupe

"Saigon/Jae Millz/Papoose/Uncle Murda/Murda Mook/etc"

doom

oh yeah add to the list

Joe Buddens - I seriously don't understand NT's fond obsession for dude. He is just an average joe rapper IMO.
A majority of the Wu-tang, except Method Man and Redman

Plies..dude can't rhyme,is off beat,and basically talks on a track..and don't give me that "real" BS,if I wanted 2 listen to a real N,I'dlisten to BG Max B..I admit I haven't heard much from dude,but the stuff I have heard,it leaves me thinking "*@# is so special about him or hishooks?"

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

oh yeah add to the list

Joe Buddens - I seriously don't understand NT's fond obsession for dude. He is just an average joe rapper IMO.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

oh yeah add to the list

eek.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

oh yeah add to the list

C'mon duke.....can you really have a valid opinion on something if you're misinformed? SMH.

Joey is getting too much hate, Joe makes music for people that can relate. If u slinging 15 keys a month and switching up cars everyone other month then youshouldnt care much for Buddens, I on the other hand cant listen too many NEW artist cuz I cant relate... The only artist I cant seem to get into is WAYNE... hegets outshined on EVERY rappers guest appearence ie: kanye , jay , JRWRITER
laugh.gif
, but I really tried listening and I felt a lil disrespected bumping the DEDICATION 2 in my home stereo system
indifferent.gif

joe budden
the hyphy b.s.
any thing from the west coast besides pac/cube/mc8/e40/2short/dre/game/and dom kennedy
saigon
the dream
papoose
new lil wayne
rick ross
plies
hurricane chris
souja boy
bow wow
flo rida
bone after e1999

be back later with more