THE OFFICIAL INVESTORS THREAD vol. Securities, Real Estate, Franchises

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

The Contrarian in me wants to short AAPL, this is too good to be true. 

For what it's worth I've heard a couple Wall Street guys say Apple is done for various reasons

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

For what it's worth I've heard a couple Wall Street guys say Apple is done for various reasons
I'm trying to think of reasons why. AAPL could be this year's NFLX, but obviously AAPL is bigger and less vulnerable than NFLX.

They've been saying that for years, it's always nonsense. I remember when they were at $200 a share and we read about the same thing. But let me guess, one of the reasons is no more revolutionary products now that Jobs is gone? Little do they realize Jobs had about 4 years worth of work done before his death.

I'm going to buy MSFT and short AAPL, just a hunch...
laugh.gif
 What's your hunch backed by? Your gut? Good luck with shorting it. 

I do a little dance every day I see money just rolling in thanks to AAPL. I'm getting out of $7000 worth of other positions tomorrow and putting it in AAPL as soon as it clears. 

Hail Steve Jobs. Hail Tim Cook. I'm riding this until I can't ride anymore. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

They've been saying that for years, it's always nonsense. I remember when they were at $200 a share and we read about the same thing. But let me guess, one of the reasons is no more revolutionary products now that Jobs is gone? Little do they realize Jobs had about 4 years worth of work done before his death.

It's evident by your avy that you are biased but yes that was one of the reasons and i'm sure they realize much more than you do as this is their profession.

There is a liquidation already in progress as his estate needs to be settled, once the family sells what they want/need to you will see the price drop like a rock.

Elliot wave technicians seem to think we are at the peak of a very long uptrend, which means a comparable downtrend should develop soon.

Like I said, this is simply what was passed on to me.  Differing opinions is what makes a market of course.  I'm not invested either way

i wanted to get into buying stocks but how do you guys actually buy them? do you go through websites like etrade?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

laugh.gif

I do a little dance every day I see money just rolling in thanks to AAPL. I'm getting out of $7000 worth of other positions tomorrow and putting it in AAPL as soon as it clears. 

There can be a pullback or correction, so the risk/reward is worthwhile IMO. Don't fall in love with a stock.
wink.gif

This thread should be broken up, do you know how BIG the entire securites market is. in the securities section alone you could have debt and equity then derivatives and vanilla.

laugh.gif

There can be a pullback or correction, so the risk/reward is worthwhile IMO. Don't fall in love with a stock.
wink.gif
Put your money where your mouth is then. Did you short yet? If not, let us all know when you do.

laugh.gif

wink.gif
Put your money where your mouth is then. Did you short yet? If not, let us all know when you do.

Look bro, I'm not here to fight with you. That defeats the whole purpose of this thread. It is just my intuition that AAPL is overpriced, and can drop. I have a differing view, it's nothing personal. Of course you're going to get emotional because you're holding positions. When I say "Don't fall in love with a stock", that's a rule that all investors should follow. You can not have tunnel vision if you want to succeed in this business. The only good stocks are winning ones, and that can change with a snap of a finger. Good luck and god bless.

wink.gif

Look bro, I'm not here to fight with you. That defeats the whole purpose of this thread. It is just my intuition that AAPL is overpriced, and can drop. I have a differing view, it's nothing personal. Of course you're going to get emotional because you're holding positions. When I say "Don't fall in love with a stock", that's a rule that all investors should follow. You can not have tunnel vision if you want to succeed in this business. The only good stocks are winning ones, and that can change with a snap of a finger. Good luck and god bless.
Sorry if I came off that way.

While Niketalk isn't home to the most financially savvy users, I always think it's nice to see positions disclosed when talking about the market. So I'll do that myself.

Long AAPL ($351.32), long GE ($19.59), long IGATE ($16.70), long MD ($64.81).

Looking to add positions in AAPL, SBUX, NHC and ALY in the coming weeks.

It's evident by your avy that you are biased but yes that was one of the reasons and i'm sure they realize much more than you do as this is their profession.

There is a liquidation already in progress as his estate needs to be settled, once the family sells what they want/need to you will see the price drop like a rock.

Elliot wave technicians seem to think we are at the peak of a very long uptrend, which means a comparable downtrend should develop soon.

Like I said, this is simply what was passed on to me.  Differing opinions is what makes a market of course.  I'm not invested either way
You failed to address how people have been predicting an end to their run for years.

So the liquidation of his estate will bring the stock down all on its own?

AAPL is not over-priced at all... go ahead and short, please tell me how you fair with that.

In other news, I got into Bank of America at 6.65. I see this at least doubling within 2012. Holla at me.

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Good thread to educate the younger guys out there...... When the market was real low in late Oct I put another big chunk in the market thats grown nicely since....

I have looked into opening Franchise restaurants with YUM, they approved me based upon my prior ventures even though they werent in the Food field, but the problem is I want to open in a very specific neighborhood only and they want me to open a minimum of 3 stores.......

But all the younger guys need to learn to put a certain amount of your earnings away every time you get paid into some type of long term growth vehicle..... When you get to my age (31) you will be thankful

BigL could your recommend any specific growth vehicles? I'm 21 and have been planning on doing this I'm just not sure what would give me the best interest on my money long term

AAPL is on a very strong uptrend. That doesn't mean it won't correct itself. There are several open gaps on the daily. I see $375 as strong support on the monthly. Definitely do not start a position now. STO and RSI showing overbought.

All IMO, though.

Good luck fellas.

You failed to address how people have been predicting an end to their run for years.

So the liquidation of his estate will bring the stock down all on its own?

I can't speak to what a collective of individuals have been saying for years, I was not aware of that fact.  Generally, you could pick any stock and find more than a few people
predicting it's end.

I listed 3 reasons for you, none of which are my own research so take it fwiw.  My opinion is that the entire market is headed for a steep correction. 
I believe we haven't seen the worst just yet.   It took nearly 20 years for the world to completely move past the great depression.

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Good thread to educate the younger guys out there...... When the market was real low in late Oct I put another big chunk in the market thats grown nicely since....

I have looked into opening Franchise restaurants with YUM, they approved me based upon my prior ventures even though they werent in the Food field, but the problem is I want to open in a very specific neighborhood only and they want me to open a minimum of 3 stores.......

But all the younger guys need to learn to put a certain amount of your earnings away every time you get paid into some type of long term growth vehicle..... When you get to my age (31) you will be thankful

BigL could your recommend any specific growth vehicles? I'm 21 and have been planning on doing this I'm just not sure what would give me the best interest on my money long term

Theres all kinds of things you could look into such as mutual funds, bonds, blue chip dividend paying stocks (I have made a ton on Nike in the past year and it pays a decent dividend as well, others I am into that pay decent are pfe, pm, yum, cop, fkt and some others) The main thing is you have to determine what your goal is: Do you want to be more risky and go for quicker riskier growth, do you want to be more conservative and preserve what you have? It all depends what your goal is and where you are in life, no two people will invest the same
Ideally, You want to diversify yourself into a few different things, I am also in tax exempt funds as well that generate income that I dont have to pay taxes on as well (these you have to buy the ones in your state to be exempt from your state taxes)

I have a guy who handles everything for me at a large wealth management firm, I just put the money in there and we have a formula that we came up that we follow as to what the money is put into....I am no expert, In the past year I have gotten alot more into it and doing more moves on my own since I sold my businesses and have more time on my hands now....

Back
Top Bottom