**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I hope the jewelers drop their prices to reflect the drop because we know they'd raise the prices if gold went up.

Same here, but its looking more like gas prices, the price of the barrel goes down and the price at the pump goes down a few cents really slowly. If you calculate what Daniels charges per gram on eBay price they are the same as when gold was almost 1800 a ounce. Gold finished at 1230 today btw.

I ain't even mad cus I ain't buying jewelry until its $25 a gram for 14k any way. Until them my jewelry money goes to my other hobbies.

I hope the jewelers drop their prices to reflect the drop because we know they'd raise the prices if gold went up.

Same here, but its looking more like gas prices, the price of the barrel goes down and the price at the pump goes down a few cents really slowly. If you calculate what Daniels charges per gram on eBay price they are the same as when gold was almost 1800 a ounce. Gold finished at 1230 today btw.

I ain't even mad cus I ain't buying jewelry until its $25 a gram for 14k any way. Until them my jewelry money goes to my other hobbies.

Well if they bought the gold at higher prices, they aren't going to mark it down. Or they might just take it out on the diamond setting or labor costs. Gold prices need to stay down for a while so that the jewelers can move some inventory and then acquire it at lower prices in order to average down.

Well if they bought the gold at higher prices, they aren't going to mark it down. Or they might just take it out on the diamond setting or labor costs. Gold prices need to stay down for a while so that the jewelers can move some inventory and then acquire it at lower prices in order to average down.

Gold prices have been below $1400 for a while now. These prices should be lower by now. These jewelers should all be averaged below $1500 by now.

Agreed with 100% of that.

For my own curiosity I wish I knew how it worked a little more. I guess in my own crazy head these gold places been holding bars in storage and can hook it up of if they want. Or maybe they are like those fancy restaurants that buy the food first thing in the morning so its the freshest. It's probably somewhere in the middle.

no one answered my question but did IF&CO lower the prices on his micro jesus? coulda sworn before it was more than $1k for a micro jesus with chain.

Gold prices have been below $1400 for a while now. These prices should be lower by now. These jewelers should all be averaged below $1500 by now.

We are talking about jewelry stores, not the gas station or grocery store. Product doesn't just move in and out. Some jewelers might have stuff sitting in the back for years. They're not in a rush to lower their prices and price match with Kitco. Its not like Footlocker, where every item has a set retail price. It goes without saying that jewelers maintain a certain unwritten pricing standard so that all of them can eat.

no one answered my question but did IF&CO lower the prices on his micro jesus? coulda sworn before it was more than $1k for a micro jesus with chain.

You probably seen right. Ever since they put up that website up people on here been talking about how up and down the prices been. More up than down really. Lots of complaints saying when they have their sales they raise the price right before so they look like they are giving a discount sale time. Truth be told they make a really nice mini Jesus and if you find a price you are comfortable with, you should jump on it. The work is really nice.

This logic only applies to be, but I see they are popping up on eBay recently. If you have the patience and a little luck maybe you can get one for a steal. Or pay them directly and have it done exactly how you want it.

Last edited:
Nothing fancy or as serious as what i seen in this thread but here's what im working with...

Im looking into getting a couple of those little angels for both the gold cuban and rope necklaces.

You probably seen right. Ever since they put up that website up people on here been talking about how up and down the prices been. More up than down really. Lots of complaints saying when they have their sales they raise the price right before so they look like they are giving a discount sale time. Truth be told they make a really nice mini Jesus and if you find a price you are comfortable with, you should jump on it. The work is really nice.

This logic only applies to be, but I see they are popping up on eBay recently. If you have the patience and a little luck maybe you can get one for a steal. Or pay them directly and have it done exactly how you want it.

im waiting for prices to drop on gold :lol:

i was heavily contemplating getting one from them at $1k but damn :smh: i might just hold out a bit and see what happens.

seen the white gold IF on ebay, had it been yellow and ball chain i would have copped at that price. thats a good deal IMO. the detail is very nice

Ring i had made a couple years ago, solid platinum 
smokin.gif

Based it off of this >

Thats dope. I'd probably smash the poor angels face into a light switch 

Is it rhodium plated?? I'm confused about whether platinum is usually rhodium plated or not

Nothing fancy or as serious as what i seen in this thread but here's what im working with...

Im looking into getting a couple of those little angels for both the gold cuban and rope necklaces.
what are the specs on that rope? I like how it looks normal cut as opposed to diamond cut-- i think 'spiral rope' is the term

I had to go back and dig a little bit to find this. I was actually looking for the conversation about bringing your own gold to a jeweler and getting a piece made. These quotes are relevant though. I couldn't pyramid quote (not sure if that's a new update to NT or not) but I multiquoted the responses that ninjahood and JChambers had to cguy610.
Ya'll been keeping up on gold prices? A lot of people are forecasting future prices near $1000 an ounce. Ya'll think it will drop that low?

Think the jewelers will drop their prices if gold drops down near $1000 an ounce or lower or whatever?
http://online.barrons.com/article/S...74.html?mod=BOL_hpp_mag#articleTabs_article=1
if it dips below 1000 jewelers gonna have no choice BUT to eat those losses...they can always just cushion it by flushing w/e they lost in

gold and mixing it with overpriced diamonds.
If I had a jewelry store, I wouldn't drop my prices at all. Most likely any drop that we see is going to be followed by another rise.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, ninjahood's argument was that bringing your own gold and just paying for labor from the jeweler was cheaper than buying the gold and the labor (finished chain) from the jeweler. Now, two things: 1) since gold prices ARE approaching $1000, and, 2) I agree with JChambers statement that most jewelry stores will not drop their prices in response to the declining gold prices. Will ninjahood's method of bringing pure gold to the jeweler and paying for the labor be a cheaper option for buying a cuban from Daniel's? I know JChambers actually emailed Daniel's asking about this and I don't remember their response (I will go back and look for this). I may be interested in going this route because the gold price dip and also I remember Daniel's slightly increased their prices from a few months ago.

A few more questions I have are: Is the declining gold price we are all talking about only the paper gold price, or, also the physical gold price? If it is the physical gold price as well (which I'm assuming since that only makes sense) then will gold bullion bars/coins be available at this price or slighlty above? Where is the best place to buy gold bullion? Is it better to buy scrap pure gold not in the form of bullion bars if I plan to use it for jewelry rather than an investment? If so, where can this be purchased?

I tried to dig back into the post to reference my questions. I know some knowledgeable heads in here can shed some light on this. I will go back and try to find more of the conversation but it's tough since this thread moves pretty fast and that conversation happened a month or two ago if I remember correctly.

Appreciate any responses to this. Could be a good discussion. Thanks
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom