**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

:lol: @ breitling making rolex step up their game. Who even rocks a breitling anymore? Everyone is on the rolex game which is a good and bad thing (ace hood's Rollie bezel)
rolex watches fell OFF by da 2000's....and bretling dominated for a decade plus, its just recently when rolex came back with

da big face variants that they came for a comeback, not to mention that yellow gold came back strong.

but you are talking strictly about da rap scene. outside of rap and hip hop, rolex was still doing fine.

I remember Ben Baller posting pics and saying ROLEX lost their appeal, celebs were giving them to their girls.
I think he posted Paris Hilton wearing a men's Rolex.

The price is OD, but thats a real Jake, you know who that seller is
 Rolexes were definitely out of style for a minute. Breits were crushing em. They are back in style now because they fit perfectly on the dainty wrists of hipster swags.
laugh.gif

yup.

like others have said ben baller even said it was quiet for em for a min and broads were rocking da men's versions.

that big face versions gave em a new lease on life.

laugh.gif

yup.

like others have said ben baller even said it was quiet for em for a min and broads were rocking da men's versions.

that big face versions gave em a new lease on life.
A lease on life? :lol: Bro thats were your argument goes from okay you have a point to straight reaching.Like mentioned that timer is ticking.

I can't understand anyone saying rolex is dead. It's timeless, I recently got one for my 25th birthday very happy with it but it's a classic time piece. Are we strictly talking about the hip hop scene in this thread?

dead to tbe urban market, or dead to the market overall? there is a bigger world out there than iced jewelry guys...

rolex always been a classic

dead to tbe urban market, or dead to the market overall? there is a bigger world out there than iced jewelry guys...

Yeah that's what I'm saying.. I guess these dudes are talking about the "Ben baller" "French Montana" crowd. I never heard of Rolex being dead it's fuc**** timeless.

Has to be the urban market because in the overall market Rolex can't be touched, certainly not by Breitling.

fccd4e28f4ef11e2ad8422000a1fa8e9_7.jpg

fellas, Rolex wasn't hitting like that in da 2000's years...Breitling had it on smash, rollies became old fashioned and stale

to alot of folks. they back now, and da big faced line had alot to do with it.

In terms of rolex hmmmm... The submariner line is great IMO. The all gold presidente is certainly a good look, but anyone who has ever seen/worn/tried on an all gold brietling will tell you that thing is certainly a monster and head turner. Def nothing to scoff at.

I relieved an NYC nightclub owner of this Yellow Gold Bentley GT when his club got shut down and he needed cash quick a few years back.......Goes hard, def one of my favs, I bring it out a few times a month....
I like the basket weave/pie crust style bezel on this watch
pimp.gif

maybe in the urban/hip hop market, rolex's died out and ressurected once the tacky big faces came back, but realistically speaking, rolex will never die out. Maybe it's a miami thing, b/c everyone rocks rolex's out here. Go to the gym and you'll see mad heads rocking classic rolex's (ss date just, subs, etc). cops out here rock rolex's. cuban balseros who just got off the boat even got rolex's. so to say they died out, maybe outside of miami. Mind you a lot of people rock good imitations, but nonetheless, the style of having a rolex in Miami is far from dead. I went to a private school, and it's typical for someone to get one for their 16-18th birthday here in the fufi parts of miami.

Of course rolex's will never "die" out ... But they weren't popping a few years ago within the urban market and OD breitlings were everywhere 

Rolex was dead among the urban market which consistently rock knock off's. To say Breitling was crushing is ******ed, in that era I probably saw less than 10 official ones among the hundreds.

Back
Top Bottom